Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

FE4 vs KYB review

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2014, 11:30 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FE4 vs KYB review

My car has the following suspension mods:
Revshift: engine, trans, cradle, diff bushings
BMR pinion brace
Hotchkis sways
wrap and a half cut off stock V springs

One of the front FE4s went out and both front bushings on the struts 'left the building'...car still handled awesome. Just made a lot of nasty noises.
Anyway...this thing rides and handles awesome. With the KYBs you feel every pebble in the road, but big bumps feel like a 'cadillac'. Crazy. So that means a real quick steering response or turn in makes the strut stiff...thus, very much flatter. I still have the FE4s on the rear...so they may be saving some of my ride quality. But overall, I feel like the KYB gas-a-just for the front are perfectly fine. I bought them at Summitracing. The car feels better for sure. I could get it around .7 to .9g's on the meter and stand on it and it would barely squeak a tire in first gear or second. The front was lifting and it would start to understeer and kind of balance the car I guess. With the KYB change, there is more oversteer now because it stays flat...and that is nice because it is still very aggressive. It reminds me of my Subaru STI, but it doesn't beat your teeth out on the interstate. Much better than my 2010 camaro was modded.

Quick Reply: FE4 vs KYB review