Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Who knows what about B&B?

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2014, 02:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Becker
At the time I ordered I got a good deal directly from B and B. I wanted the black coated rear sections also. I got the 3 inch X pipe no resonator. Black coated and shipped for about the price you've listed above.
Did you call them and they gave you a lower price over the phone? Or did they have it posted like that and you got the black coating thrown in? I don't want the coating myself, just curious.
Old 06-11-2014, 05:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Andringa
Yes 3 different front sections, everything else is the same.

3 front options:
2.5" resonator.
3" resonator
3" Xpipe
This is 100% correct. I had emailed B&B on their site as well before I started this thread:
Thank you for the inquiry.

The most common exhaust is still the FDOM-0305 with x-pipe.

The FDOM-0300 with the center resonator would be next. It does keep the overall DB level down just a bit.

The FDOM-0301 actually uses 2.5” front pipes to get it quieter yet, but does sacrifice some horsepower.

Let me know if I can help further.

Mike Boat
23045 N. 15th Ave
Phoenix, AZ 85027
888-228-7435
Billy Boat Exhaust
Might as well keep all the info here for the next confused person.
Old 06-11-2014, 08:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

B&B customer service is awesome. I bought the LT's off a forum member here, and then realized I needed the pipes to connect the cats to the exhaust. Called B&B up, they had them out the same day and were on my car 2 days later. Cant say enough good about them!
Old 06-11-2014, 09:41 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the kind comments guys. We are excited to bring you great everyday low prices on this line!
Old 06-11-2014, 10:48 PM
On The Tree

This is the exhaust I've wanted for years. At Vday years ago, it was easy to compare the different brands as there were so many to listen to at one time. At idle accel and on the track wot. B&B sounded the best. Glad to see this thread saving me the search in the future. Thanks for the feedback.
Old 06-13-2014, 07:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

So I think I'm gonna get the X-pipe one. If it's too loud for my tastes, it seems to me that there are more people with the resonator version wanting to trade for the x-pipe than the other way around. I'd bet I could find someone willing to pay the shipping both ways to swap me even-up if I don't like the volume. Would be cheaper for them than buying a new x-pipe. Make sense to anyone else?
Old 06-14-2014, 02:12 PM
TECH Enthusiast

There's a reason a lot of people went from resonator to xpipe it sounds much better. Not too loud though and my drone is nothing to rant about.

I called b and b directly and got s quote and then pulled the trigger
I enjoy talking to people rather than. Clicking a button. Online.
Old 06-14-2014, 02:43 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

this is my b&b full system.. headers, high flow cats and x pipe... you will not find an exhaust on any car on the road that has a deeper tone than this... the mufflers they use are second to none when it comes to making a beastly sound

Old 06-14-2014, 04:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

There's a reason a lot of people went from resonator to xpipe it sounds much better. Not too loud though and my drone is nothing to rant about.

I called b and b directly and got s quote and then pulled the trigger
I enjoy talking to people rather than. Clicking a button. Online.
I hear you. I may just do that. I'm not that worried about drone. I put some dynamat under the backseat and in the wheel tub and also carry a full size spare tire. Plus I'm trying to drown out the diff whine anyway.
Old 06-14-2014, 04:48 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Call. If it isn't good nough then go another route .
Old 06-15-2014, 10:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

Black coated and shipped for about the price you've listed above.
Any pics of the black? My TD wheels are black. That might be really badass.
Old 06-16-2014, 02:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

Call. If it isn't good nough then go another route .
I called today. He said they couldn't come close to MS price. He said that's below cost so I should just order from them. He also added that it would likely ship faster if it's ordered through the distributor rather than directly from B&B. Pulled the trigger on the X-pipe one at marylandspeed.com a few minutes ago.
Old 06-17-2014, 07:42 PM
Teching In

i have the full B&B with X-pipe and their headers, only other mod is K&N intake.
Old 06-29-2014, 03:05 PM
On The Tree

Just a heads up about the X-pipe system. Even though it's not mentioned on any site - the system does come with resonators on the front connecting pipes. I was so pissed when I received it. I had an exhaust shop cut them off and straight pipe that part... but to me the system still isn't as aggressive as I'd like.
Old 06-30-2014, 07:41 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Here's a few examples of my B&B system.....

And just had to throw this one in there
Old 06-30-2014, 01:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by AnTTi Venom
Just a heads up about the X-pipe system. Even though it's not mentioned on any site - the system does come with resonators on the front connecting pipes. I was so pissed when I received it. I had an exhaust shop cut them off and straight pipe that part... but to me the system still isn't as aggressive as I'd like.
I also was pissed about this because I ordered directly from B&B and said NO RESONATORS! haha I had them cut out too but it didnt change the sound much. IMO it was not worth the money to have them cut out, although I had to cut my front sections up and have them straightened, they were laying on the floor boards and not center at all...I seem to be the only case of poor fitment on B&B.

But I did order them directly, so maybe thats why... Also, the black rear section was coated. here is a pic.

Old 08-08-2014, 08:42 AM
TECH Fanatic

It took about 4 weeks to receive so I didn't have it for the PVGP car show like I wanted but for a built to order system that's not all that bad. I like the sound and I'm glad I got the x-pipe. It's not really loud at all. My mufflers don't look like the black ones above tho. They are more oval so maybe they revised them? The drone/resonance below 2k at high load is pretty loud so I'm gonna add more dynamat in the trunk. I only have the tub done. I'm gonna add some more to the floor, do the sides a little and get the trunk lid too. It's really not that bad. I have a leak at the left donut gasket so I need to replace that too. Might as well do both of them.
Old 08-08-2014, 10:28 AM
TECH Enthusiast

The above mufflers are not original to the system. I asked for the bullets that go in the c6 bullet kit. That's what I got. Which I'm not sure is the same but out of all the issues on fitment I had the black rear section was worth it in my opinion
Old 06-28-2015, 09:50 AM
TECH Fanatic

Ok well I'm over the noise lol. I'd like to trade my x-pipe for the 2.5" touring resonator plus a few bucks. Pittsburgh area. Or sell the whole system. Not shipping though. Details are in the classifieds.
Old 06-28-2015, 02:39 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by isis
Ok well I'm over the noise lol. I'd like to trade my x-pipe for the 2.5" touring resonator plus a few bucks. Pittsburgh area. Or sell the whole system. Not shipping though. Details are in the classifieds.
Lol i had bb and went to corsa and never looked back. It's quite when I need it to be and louder than bb at high rpms

Quick Reply: Who knows what about B&B?