Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Starter Issue

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2014, 05:16 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Starter Issue

Went to take my 2011 V out today and all there was was a click..... full power. Are there any known issues with starter's in the Gen II V's? Taking a road trip Thursday and of course.... gremlins.... Went out to video the problem and now it started right up....

I washed the car this morning and nothing stood out; started the car, parked it in the shade and spend an hour and a half detailing it. Went in the house for about a half an hour and went to put the car away when it just clicked when turning the ignition switch. After about 20 minutes of looking for the starter to tap it with a hammer I gave up... no jack at this house and my neighbor just left for a car show. I rocked the car backwards in reverse hoping to free up the solenoid in the starter and low and behold, it turned over. I then drove the car up the road about 3 miles and pulled it into the garage hoping it may have been simply a wet issue from the wash. Went to start it about an hour and a half later and the same problem occurred... called the dealership up but have to wait until Monday before anyone can come for it. We live about 40 miles from the dealership which is a pain when issues arise but I guess it could be worse like being out of town or a distance away from home.

Quick Reply: Starter Issue