Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

FEELER - interest in an LED tail light group buy?

Old 12-06-2014, 08:40 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by hawk0240
humm...Now I'm having second thoughts about having bought the Cherry Red version for my Black V . Anyone with a black car and the red version installed? That could help. Opinions are appreciated. I still haven't installed them yet. Maybe I'll like them once I test fit them today. The thing is I have looked at a couple of 08-up black CTS cars around and I kinda like the black/red contrast the tails provide. Anyone with a pic??

Maybe it looks good because the newer tails are slimmer and better looking overall.

Also I have seen pics of these new LED tail lights with the factory neon third brake light on. Is it the pic or the neon light color looks really that different than the leds in the tail lights?

Thanks guys
It's an opinion thing, man. Do what you want, but I personally think the smoked lenses suit a black car best. Un-smoked lenses seem to REALLY stand out against black, which I don't like. I'm not a fan of completely blacked out tail lights, but these "cherry red" ones are subtle and look really good on a black car. Especially with tinted windows. You might wanna get some tinted vinyl for your 3rd brake light too though. I got a pre-cut piece from eBay years ago and it's been holding on just fine, and seems to match the "cherry red" pretty well in terms of darkness too.
Old 12-06-2014, 09:45 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by wes8398
It's an opinion thing, man. Do what you want, but I personally think the smoked lenses suit a black car best. Un-smoked lenses seem to REALLY stand out against black, which I don't like. I'm not a fan of completely blacked out tail lights, but these "cherry red" ones are subtle and look really good on a black car. Especially with tinted windows. You might wanna get some tinted vinyl for your 3rd brake light too though. I got a pre-cut piece from eBay years ago and it's been holding on just fine, and seems to match the "cherry red" pretty well in terms of darkness too.
Thanks for your feedback. Did u have to remove the Cadillac emblem to install the tint? Isn't Nightshades a better option?
Old 12-06-2014, 09:48 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by hawk0240
Thanks for your feedback. Did u have to remove the Cadillac emblem to install the tint? Isn't Nightshades a better option?
No, I didn't remove the emblem. And I'm not familiar with niteshades. Guess that's your call to make.
Old 12-06-2014, 10:42 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by wes8398
No, I didn't remove the emblem. And I'm not familiar with niteshades. Guess that's your call to make.
Ok. Gracias! !
Old 12-06-2014, 04:22 PM
Teching In

Well apparently photos can be misleading. I thought they would be darker than they are. Love them! Such a difference!

Sorry for the crappy cel phone px
Attached Thumbnails FEELER - interest in an LED tail light group buy?-img_20141206_1-picsay.jpg   FEELER - interest in an LED tail light group buy?-img_20141206_2-picsay.jpg   FEELER - interest in an LED tail light group buy?-img_20141206_3-picsay.jpg   FEELER - interest in an LED tail light group buy?-img_20141206_4-picsay.jpg  

Last edited by hawk0240; 12-06-2014 at 04:38 PM.
Old 12-07-2014, 11:50 PM
12 Second Club

Looks sharp. now I want some.
Old 11-18-2015, 08:21 PM
TECH Addict

Received 106 Likes on 88 Posts

Some idiot (*cough* ) managed to break his driver side rear taillight Tuesday night. I have the dark cherry variety.

If anyone is in need of a passenger side dark cherry LED light, let me know. I'll buy a new pair (a nice Christmas present to reward my own stupidity), so this passenger side one is extra if someone is in need.

And if anyone has some LED expertise and wants to take the broken driver side one and see if it's possible to "hack" the circuitry to only light up the light bar, let me know.
Old 11-19-2015, 07:20 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by AAIIIC
Some idiot (*cough* ) managed to break his driver side rear taillight Tuesday night. I have the dark cherry variety.
What are you running for front tail lights?

Old 11-19-2015, 10:38 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

And if anyone has some LED expertise and wants to take the broken driver side one and see if it's possible to "hack" the circuitry to only light up the light bar, let me know
From the schematic there is only one signal wire feeding the tailights (in the wiring harness going to the lights). My guess is that wire just increases voltage to go from dim to bright. While the bulbs in the tailights are dual element the schematic shows one of them open. So to do what you guys want to do you would likely need a logic circuit to compare the two voltages against a reference. It wouldn't be hard to do but that would mean additional circuitry in the tail lights or at the very least in the trunk with additional wiring to the tail lights. While cool, it sounds like too many potential reliability issues to me. Now if the circuitry was integrated into the board that is currently in the lights you would be in pretty good shape.
Old 11-19-2015, 11:56 AM
TECH Addict

Received 106 Likes on 88 Posts

Originally Posted by bmylez
What are you running for front tail lights?
Dammit! Can't believe I made such a rookie mistake. Well played.
Old 01-28-2017, 01:16 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Maybe the best place to post some pics from my additional tinted dark cherry tail lights:

Regards,
Ronald

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: FEELER - interest in an LED tail light group buy?