Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Questions about builds

Old 07-22-2014, 02:22 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know the V2 wins hands down on every review against the V1, but I think I still like the V1 better...

Im ok when people say "cadillac??, like a grandpas car?" They are quick to smile when I start it up and hear that is not a typical grandpa car..

The V2 to me fits the bill of an older generation than myself (30), yes I think its badass car...I look at it, sit in it and just can't picture myself owning it.. Maybe someday but not today...

V2 loses all day on looks and that edge of still being a "raw" enough beast. And for that reason Im out.
Old 07-22-2014, 03:26 PM
TECH Addict

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Modding the hell out of a V1 right off the bat just doesn't make much sense to me. I plan on modding mine as I wear it out, at least I'll be able to enjoy it for what it is before I turn it into something else....an affordable, high performance daily driver that's fast and comfortable.

The OP is going to go to all the expense and hassle of modding a V1 to V2 specs on a close too V2 budget...may as well buy a V2.
Old 07-22-2014, 03:52 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The Cadi is a relatively fast DD that's comfortable for 700mi drives. Bear that in mind if you get frustrated with wheel hop or slower quarter mile times.
Old 07-22-2014, 05:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by ls1247
Modding the hell out of a V1 right off the bat just doesn't make much sense to me. I plan on modding mine as I wear it out, at least I'll be able to enjoy it for what it is before I turn it into something else....an affordable, high performance daily driver that's fast and comfortable.

The OP is going to go to all the expense and hassle of modding a V1 to V2 specs on a close too V2 budget...may as well buy a V2.
I'm definitely in this camp. I got this car to stop chasing power. It's got a good bit. A few pieces of urethane help put it to the ground better. I never understood why people put arbitrary power goals on a car. Especially nearing +50% or whatever. That's just asking to empty your wallet turning a car into something it's not. It won't feel like a Cadillac anyway so why not start from the ground up with something older or at least cheaper if you're going to replace everything anyway.
Old 07-27-2014, 02:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for all the advice on here. I talked with my wife and I think we are going to buy a V1 then use what's left to save a fund up for a performance car since we need a sedan for the family anyway. I like the looks of the V1 more than the v2 and guess I really don't need 500 hp in a dd
Old 07-27-2014, 04:16 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

You can make a V1 be pretty damn rowdy while still having very tame and relaxed drivability. I thoroughly enjoy cruising around, every bit if not more than I like beating on mine for that very reason. It is still an AWESOME car to cruise around in comfortably

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Questions about builds