Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Makin progress

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2015, 09:25 AM
Naf
TECH Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Default Makin progress

My mock up of bracing the underside

I still need connect the trailin arms to the body using the three threads from the factory...

I have a few more install and i am done...
Attached Thumbnails Makin progress-photo591.jpg   Makin progress-photo824.jpg  
Old 07-07-2015, 12:35 PM
Naf
TECH Fanatic

Default Makin progress

Yankin the engine out today so i may upgrade to the new e67 setup.

Gonna try and see what mods i need to make to the harness before i plug the engine back in...

All my braces are done...goin got victory red though no one is gonna see them
Old 07-10-2015, 02:59 AM
Naf
TECH Fanatic

Default Makin progress

Ok, after a serious sit down with the wiring specs, i found i need to add one harness with a 10 pin adapter for the throttle to a 6 pin adapter at the i/p harness, swap a few wires on the c105 and c107 connectors and add two wires for my circuit nos 2500 and 2501.

My crank is on its way to lpe for the new 58x wheel to be welded on and then the engine reassembled and installed one last time.

I have a remote bleeder to prime the engine and then start.

I really hope this works. And it it doesnt i scored a ls6 harness as a backup...
Old 07-13-2015, 05:31 AM
Naf
TECH Fanatic

I am beside myself, the pinouts were shifted effortlessly. I removed the 2500&2501 from the first plug, and will create a new harness for them, and i also removed the ground where i will do the same.

On the second harness, c107, the throttle control wires were removed and a new harness is being created to merge the old with the new, I have to change two females from the large size to the small size, and all i will be waiting on is the crank from LPE.

I will connect my starter, throttle body, coils, injectors and other sensors to the new harness to see if it all works flawlessly...

this waas way too easy, i hope everything else follows just as easily...
Old 07-14-2015, 09:29 AM
Naf
TECH Fanatic

Default Makin progress

Ordered mil-spec wiring one with 6 conductor, another with 2 conductor and lastly the last one a single wire...

Need about a week or so waiting on shippin, then a day or two to create the harnesses

Then initial testing hopefully with success...
Old 07-21-2015, 06:37 AM
Naf
TECH Fanatic

Default Makin progress

Received my milspec wiring and created the needed harnesses. The throttle harness is all connected and the data cables will be fed through the firewall and spliced into the appropriate wires.

I will then connect all the injectors and coils and turn the ignition on to test the components. I am hoping everything works, but everything is on pause till i cone back from visitin my grandma, she isnt feelin so good these days...

Till next week
Old 07-29-2015, 06:41 AM
Naf
TECH Fanatic

End of the month recap,

My crank has been fitted with the 58x reluctor wheel, and is on route back to me.
I recently purchased a Zo6 Oil tank but due to the wild fires in CA is slightly delayed in its arrival to LPE, where it will get a 50% increase in capacity.

During this time, i will reassemble my monster, try out my new E67 setup, prime the engine so its all lubricated, and finally install my new tank.

From what i can see, i had to delete the fresh air option on my vehicle, no bother it stinks here anyways, this will give me 90mm more space to fit the tank and make it a near stock install.

I installed my new modified rear diff cooler with magnetic filter

I will wire up everything so my exhaust baffles run off of a vacuum pump. and rpm switches will control which is open and at what rpm.

My power steering pump upgrade is all done, the new V power steering pump pickup is slightly different and higher than the stock one, the case is also slightly larger in dia so you will have to do a few alterations to make them all fit.

I am shootin for mid way through august to early sept till i start this lil girl and start to enjoy it...

I was lookin through my ppw on the harnesses and i may have a way to keep the cruise control, but i dont know how well it will work...
Old 07-29-2015, 07:30 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Love the updates on this project, cant wait to see when she hits the road.
Old 08-12-2015, 10:50 AM
Naf
TECH Fanatic

Default Makin progress

Everything is in transit, my buddies held out in sendin me the bulk of the needed parts for my engine so i am delayed further,

I am lookin in the local market for my oversized bearings, so i may get a head start on my rebuild.

I have the slot ready for the new oil tank. Its just gonna be a challenge on the hose routing...

Pictures in bound once progress has started
Old 08-12-2015, 12:11 PM
Naf
TECH Fanatic

Default Makin progress

On another front, i ordered another bearing hub so i may work the bugs out of my ccm brake upgrade, this way once i get the car runnin i may just plug and play with the new system. May even add quick disconnects so i may swap back to regular ones for the street use
Old 08-13-2015, 10:36 AM
Naf
TECH Fanatic

Default Makin progress

Oil tank arrived today, sent it to the machine shop to add threads for the oil lines.

Will also add the oil level/temp sensor bung so no issues on the dash.

Still waitin on bearings but i will install the tank in the mean time....
Old 08-16-2015, 10:44 AM
Naf
TECH Fanatic

Default Makin progress

Tank is threaded for hoses, found a nice little sweet spot. Moved all the new electronics around so it stays nice and low not to mention give me clearance from the front wheel...

Pix tomorrow

Got the bearings and gaskets today, very happy...will start assembly of my beast and check all the clearances to insure unity among them.
Old 08-17-2015, 08:28 AM
Naf
TECH Fanatic

ran into a snag, the new massive wheels will touch the tank if i install it.

This is the other side, but you can see i will have a clearance issue if i go lock to lock

6" hole to be made but clearance issues are plaguing this build

Potential location
Old 08-18-2015, 04:37 AM
Naf
TECH Fanatic

Last night was a tough night to try and sleep...

Had this issue to resolve, but then came up with new ideas,

1. relocate the fusebox and install tank in that location.
no possible and same issue as with behind the tire, clearance too tight

2 remove the windshield reservoir and design new tank in place of it.
this is possible, but the internal design has to be perfect and serviceable much like the original tank

My new LPE tank will have to go back to the machine shop and the threads removed for it to be returned back to stock configuration...

Will keep you all posted to my findings, and i really hope this is the final method of getting this engine to run...

Or else you all will see my chassis on ebay for sale...I am keep in the engine...
Old 08-18-2015, 01:22 PM
CTS-V Shifter Sales

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

What about under the battery?
Old 08-18-2015, 01:26 PM
Naf
TECH Fanatic

Default Makin progress

Originally Posted by 07CTS-V
What about under the battery?
My 305 tires touch on either side front or back.

Trunk mount might be the only place left IF i want to keep the zo6 tank...but i dont know what the max distance to and from is. Not to mention the suggested hose size for that distance...
Old 08-18-2015, 01:45 PM
CTS-V Shifter Sales

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

There is plenty of room UNDER the battery tray. It's a big open space on the other side of the fender.
Old 08-19-2015, 12:22 AM
Naf
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 07CTS-V
There is plenty of room UNDER the battery tray. It's a big open space on the other side of the fender.
You are right, and i did have a 10.5ltr tank there, but the Dry sump has a habit of draining the tank till the oil level is equal to that in the pan. So my full amount of oil was draining into the oil pan, for i had the pickup on the bottom of the tank.

If i dont get my qty of oil in the windshield reservoir i may just go back to my original idea and adjust the pickup to be from the side vs the bottom, this way oil may drain down till it gets to the top of the fitting and hopefully stop.

Lets see, i have a 8x4 of 3mm aluminum and a handful of qualified ppl, lets see what magic they can do for me...
Old 08-19-2015, 09:02 AM
Naf
TECH Fanatic

I took a step back removed the headlight, the windshield reservoir, and installed the bumper.

It will work. Though i am not the first to do this,

I massaged the fender and made sure i had plenty of space for wheel clearance...T

he finger fit...BAHAHA

I am installing brackets to hold the tank in place, and will also reinforce the fender since some of the weight is on the fender from the tank...

I will install the bumper and see what plastics need to be massaged, or massage the tank a little. I need the cooling ducts for the CCM brake system later on, so that needs to stay.

I will then order a HID headlight and crop the **** out of it and remove the lens rinse for the right side... so i have ample clearance from the tank.

This way i will have 6" ground clearance and using the LS7 tank as i am suppose to...

Later i will install the engine, and harness, then think how i will route the hoses from the front...

I may just make it happen

Final placement

Massaged
Old 08-20-2015, 08:55 AM
Naf
TECH Fanatic

Default Makin progress

Added the brackets to make it look stock. Later i will mock up the bumper and see what needs to be trimmed so it all fits together

Quick Reply: Makin progress