Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

V2 S/C on our V1's?

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2014, 10:19 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default V2 S/C on our V1's?

I am going to do a search but I am on a short suspense here so any help will be appreciated. I have a chance to pick up a complete stock V2 S/C system for around a grand. I know I am going to have to run LS3 heads which isn't a problem. I was going to do H/C soon anyway. I need to know what else I will have to modify to make it fit my 07'. I guess the main concerns are pulley alignment, strut tower brace and hood clearance, heat exchanger and pump mounting, injector harness compatibility, fuel line inlet location, PCV, and I am sure there is a bunch more.

Thanks.
Old 09-05-2014, 12:44 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Pray
I am going to do a search but I am on a short suspense here so any help will be appreciated. I have a chance to pick up a complete stock V2 S/C system for around a grand. I know I am going to have to run LS3 heads which isn't a problem. I was going to do H/C soon anyway. I need to know what else I will have to modify to make it fit my 07'. I guess the main concerns are pulley alignment, strut tower brace and hood clearance, heat exchanger and pump mounting, injector harness compatibility, fuel line inlet location, PCV, and I am sure there is a bunch more.

Thanks.
Why do that when you can put on an e-force for similar price and better results?
Old 09-05-2014, 12:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

If you can point me to where I can get an E-Force for $1,000 let me know and I will jump on it.
Old 09-05-2014, 03:23 PM
DMM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Biggest problem you'll have is the belt routing for the supercharger. There is less room between the crank and the radiator and ABS module on the V1, so the second belt system isn't likely to fit without a lot of work.

Is like to see how it fits though. Go ahead, be the first.
Old 09-05-2014, 04:17 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

For 1000$,I think you should take it and start mocking it up. Before you buy heads you will know if it is too big a hassle or not. If anything im sure you could get more than a grand for it
Old 09-05-2014, 05:39 PM
DMM
TECH Fanatic

GM is replacing all of them under warranty from what I hear. They'll be going for scrap aluminum prices here very shortly.
Old 09-05-2014, 07:00 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Pray
If you can point me to where I can get an E-Force for $1,000 let me know and I will jump on it.
Can't get them for $1000 but you can get the eforce without having to buy new heads so you save there...
Old 09-05-2014, 08:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by DMM
Biggest problem you'll have is the belt routing for the supercharger. There is less room between the crank and the radiator and ABS module on the V1, so the second belt system isn't likely to fit without a lot of work.

Is like to see how it fits though. Go ahead, be the first.
That is what I needed to hear. I am not going to be a guinea pig. I don't need to invent the wheel with this thing. If it saves time and the hassle I will just wait and save my pennies and get the E-Force later. I still think the E-Force will make more power with LS3 style heads due to the larger runner design of the blower it's self and it being a 2300. But if this was a direct bolt on for the price it would have been worth it. Thanks for the info guys.
Old 09-05-2014, 10:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

There's definitely a reason all the blowers run on the serpentine line for these cars... We got shafted on space and can't really do it the "right" way and run the blower on its own
Old 09-06-2014, 04:09 AM
TECH Fanatic

I was not aware the V2 ran it's own belt system or additional belt system. I took a quick look at a buddy's V2 the other day and noticed the belt was an 8 rib but I just figured they ran all the accessories that way too. He didn't look like he had any more room in the front of his motor then we do though. But I guess they spaced the motor back some or redesigned the chassis.

So the consensus is that there would be a bunch of redesign to make it work? If that is agreed on then I am going to pass.
Old 09-06-2014, 07:10 AM
DMM
TECH Fanatic

It's never been done as far as I know. The V2 has the 6 rib accessory belt and then the 8 rib SC belt out in front of that. With the fans and ABS module so close to the motor, I don't know that it'd fit. Moving the Rad forward is not too hard, however the ABS module is a little more work.

The E-Force is a lot less than you think, it can be had for just under half of what you see them listed for, which makes it a bargain. And with the right HE. And pump, we're seeing about 10* above ambient IAT's which is unheard of for any other supercharger.
Old 09-06-2014, 08:01 AM
Launching!

I want a eforce, they are sexy as hell. I want 600 whp. DMM, start putting together kits and do the install, you could probably 50! Haha. Hook it up mannnnn.
Old 09-06-2014, 10:58 AM
TECH Regular

DMM, when you can say that the E-force can be had for less than half of what they are listed for, can you elaborate? I see them around the $6,000 mark, but if I could be into one for half of that + whatever I have to fab, I'd be in.

I went back through your build thread, but wasn't able to find the parts list you put together. Any chance of linking me to it or possibly PM me about what you have into the E-force setup.
Old 09-06-2014, 11:03 AM
TECH Fanatic

I know we are a sponsor on CF and a couple other sites but not sure about this one so I won't mention the company but I don't think we are direct with Edelbrock yet. I know a few of our affiliates are, so getting the parts won't be an issue. The guy selling the 1900 is a good customer of ours so I will pass on it for now so he can get rid of it. I will keep the E-Force in mind.

I still need to do all the stock upgrade stuff to the V anyway. I think I am going to clean out CS for suspension and bushing stuff, get 07's Hurst shifter, OBX catted 1 7/8" headers, Racelund dual 3" cut out's, complete LS7 clutch kit with slave and Tick's bleeder, make my own adjustable Master like I do with Vettes, and finish up my custom CAI. I still need to finish the box and ram air portion and convert over to the LS7 MAF card I have. I have already swapped the normal stuff like plugs, wires, 160* T-Stat' made an actual functioning PCV system and put a street tune on it. I have a cam spec'd and I am thinking about yanking the heads off and porting them with the same measurements I used when I ported my TBSS heads. I like to do that to check the short and clean it out. It also allows me to put in new lifters. That should put me in the 480rw range. That will tide me over till next year when I can get serious with this thing.

Thanks for all the help, you guys are great. Once I get everything dialed in I will start offering different packages for our cars.
Old 09-06-2014, 11:05 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by tmonttt
DMM, when you can say that the E-force can be had for less than half of what they are listed for, can you elaborate? I see them around the $6,000 mark, but if I could be into one for half of that + whatever I have to fab, I'd be in.

I went back through your build thread, but wasn't able to find the parts list you put together. Any chance of linking me to it or possibly PM me about what you have into the E-force setup.
I have no issues if he links it or lists it here. Any of my threads are about learning and sharing information.
Old 09-07-2014, 10:01 AM
DMM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by tmonttt

Sounds as if you'll be joining the club pretty soon then. I can't give the actual price, however you'll be amazed at how inexpensive they are. Tommy has the parts list in his thread, and Mike (vendor) has a special but ok them and is able to get just the stuff we need without all the **** we don't.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/cadillac-cts-v/1700225-whipple-off-rethinking-my-next-option.html

Quick Reply: V2 S/C on our V1's?