Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

on3 performance turbos?

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2014, 07:34 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Default on3 performance turbos?

Anyone heard of them? I've been reading online and mustang guys love them apparently. I've also seen a few people on the ls Swap section using them. A 76mm 91ar turbo goes for like $350.

It'd be nice to go twin on my V with stock internals; low boost obviously and just play around either until they break or I buy a new block and put forged internals. Then spend the big bucks on real turbos.

Guys have been saying they get 20-30k miles on them no problem. I only drive like 8-10k a year, so If they last me 3 years Id be more than happy.
Old 09-18-2014, 10:06 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

IMO, grab some turbonetics, Borg warner, or garretts if you want to go more affordable. I refuse to put chinese stuff like that on my cars because if something does happen.....those parts are going right into the motor. So the 700 you save initially doesnt sound quite as appealing.
Old 09-19-2014, 05:48 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by itsslow98
IMO, grab some turbonetics, Borg warner, or garretts if you want to go more affordable. I refuse to put chinese stuff like that on my cars because if something does happen.....those parts are going right into the motor. So the 700 you save initially doesnt sound quite as appealing.
Depends on which side if the compressor housing the grenade goes off on... But I concur, go with a good turbo. They may be more expensive, but they will have better stuff in them. Better designed housings, internal wastegates, internal bypass valves.

A turbo is like a hamster. Its not really the most expensive portion (usually)... Its the rest of the **** that adds up. Wastegate is $200-400 depending on which one, blowoff valve is about the same, charge pipes, intercooler, intake, about $1k (depending on how much you fan yourself), exhaust changes, oil lines, fuel system upgrades... The list keeps going.

I like turbos a lot too but the ease of a supercharger install is almost too good to pass up.
Old 09-19-2014, 09:52 AM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

New S475's go for like $650 new all the time.

Quick Reply: on3 performance turbos?