Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

dilemma...

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2014, 05:32 PM
DMM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Glad you called Magnuson, the Vette manifold puts the blower too far forward and the hood won't shut. The HEX on Frozenboost.com is cheap and much better than the Maggie piece. Jabsco pump is total garbage, I have two of them if you want one. Go with the Mezeire (sp?) pump and save yourself hassle. The max you can go is 5/8" hard line and 3/4" hose.

Get a 220"/238"ish cam on 112 or 113 CL with intake events for FI. The Maggie is a low end torque producer so you want to expand that rather than try to push the power band up where the Maggie overheats the charge and runs out of air. Don't let anyone steer you differently here.

The 90mm throttle body is a complete waste of $ unless you already have it. It adds no power at all.
Old 12-11-2014, 05:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by isis
I don't like boosting a (relatively) high compression factory NA motor especially with the wonky fuel solutions for these things, but that's just me. E85 really pushes the system further. However, That's a pretty hairy cam so the valvetrain concerns jump right out as you've already said. Tough call really. I'd probably sell both and get a less blumpy cam or something. Just because those are the two options on-hand doesn't mean they're your only choices.
But i LOVE boost. I'm going to completely re do the fuel system with a dw300 and a full on return and what not. So the fuel system limitations don't bother me. On hand doesn't make it my only choice... But free is quite motivating lol
Old 12-11-2014, 05:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

DMM,

Have you looked into a cobra setup? I was looking into that. The Bosch pump and a dual pass. They are readily available and mostly proven successful. I'll look into the frozenboost stuff and the meziere pumps. I don't mind spending extra money if I only have to do it once.
Old 12-11-2014, 05:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by ryridesmotox
But i LOVE boost. I'm going to completely re do the fuel system with a dw300 and a full on return and what not. So the fuel system limitations don't bother me. On hand doesn't make it my only choice... But free is quite motivating lol
Motivated is good. Keep this thread updated whichever path you go down.
Old 12-11-2014, 05:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

I will for sure. I'm hoping he can get the Maggie. So much easier to install. The vortec, like a procharger, would require pretty extensive work. Plus the kind of driving I do 90% of the time, just lends itself to the Maggie power band. I don't get to go to tracks enough yet.
Old 12-11-2014, 09:33 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Well you have paid for everything you need now, and with the maggie you will likely drop another 2-3k getting it on the car ready to go.

Maggie is definetly the better option but the cam was the single best thing I ever did to my car. A tuner will be able to get that cam driving damn close to stock but like you said it should get new valvesprings every 15-20k miles which really isnt a huge deal if you can do them yourself.
Old 12-11-2014, 10:58 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am not a fan of meth because, unless I want to run windshield wiper fluid, it can be difficult to get here.
Methanol=methyl hydrate
You can get it at virtually any store that sells paint. Same as gas line anti freeze but you'll pay more for it at an automotive store probably. You can buy it buy the gallon, cheap.
Old 12-11-2014, 11:09 PM
Launching!

I wish I could trade a cam for a maggie haha, would love to actually make power
Old 12-12-2014, 02:24 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by itsslow98
Well you have paid for everything you need now, and with the maggie you will likely drop another 2-3k getting it on the car ready to go.

Maggie is definetly the better option but the cam was the single best thing I ever did to my car. A tuner will be able to get that cam driving damn close to stock but like you said it should get new valvesprings every 15-20k miles which really isnt a huge deal if you can do them yourself.
Yea, am budgeting for about $3k. All of the labor is being done by me and my buddy who's car is currently occupying my garage. The springs aren't a huge deal to me, they are easy enough to get to in the V and I got it down now so it only takes about an hour from start to finish if I'm not fiddledicking around.

Originally Posted by tommycompton
Methanol=methyl hydrate
You can get it at virtually any store that sells paint. Same as gas line anti freeze but you'll pay more for it at an automotive store probably. You can buy it buy the gallon, cheap.
You're a genius. I would have never thought of that one. I'll have to check into that. For now though, I'm going to stay with E85 and a 91 tune for any road trips. Maybe I'll get meth injection at a later date, when funding allows.

Originally Posted by '99REDTA
I wish I could trade a cam for a maggie haha, would love to actually make power
Its a fortunate thing... Having a friend that works for a vette speed shop that fixes blown up motors haha.

I would still have to send the blower in to Maggie and they are going to run through it and make sure everything is working proper. Then mount it on a new intake manifold and put a new jackshaft on it. Fingers crossed its under $1500. I'm budgeting another $1500 for the fuel system and the hx system... Either way, I'm getting the blower. If it ends up being more than $3k, it will just take me longer. I am not going to be cutting corners on this **** either. I can't stand when that happens. That's how you blow **** up... Do it right the first time.

Last edited by ryridesmotox; 12-12-2014 at 02:31 AM.
Old 12-12-2014, 07:18 AM
Staging Lane

if your running a cobra set up then do like i said, or atleast look into it

ditch the bosch go jabsco, you can ditch the whole heat exchanger 'save weight' and run a killer chiller which will beyond keep the iat2 below ambient or right at it. or if you go heat exchanger go dual pass afco or LFP brands, and upgrade all the IC lines and insulate them.
Old 12-12-2014, 08:30 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by tommycompton
Methanol=methyl hydrate
I've ordered Boost Juice from Summit before. With a 6 mile commute, you wouldn't go through it that quickly.
Old 12-12-2014, 09:10 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Blackberrysvt
if your running a cobra set up then do like i said, or atleast look into it

ditch the bosch go jabsco, you can ditch the whole heat exchanger 'save weight' and run a killer chiller which will beyond keep the iat2 below ambient or right at it. or if you go heat exchanger go dual pass afco or LFP brands, and upgrade all the IC lines and insulate them.
Yea I saw the afco hx I'll look into the LFP as well. I need to do some measuring before I do any ordering. And I almost forgot, I'm going add an alradco to the budget as well.
Old 12-12-2014, 09:45 AM
TECH Resident

I know you mentioned you had LS9 injectors however unless they are EV1 mini style they will not work on the mp112. Also its possible the mp112 already has 60# injectors i couldn't see from the pictures but check to see if there is a blue ring on them (indicates they are 60s). Also like DMM said you would need a new intake manifold lid so the 112 sat back far enough. Also a DW300 is overkill for a 112, a walbro 255 is more than sufficient but whatever your preference is go for that. Make sure you do the racetronix wiring harness
Old 12-12-2014, 10:36 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Onefast V
I know you mentioned you had LS9 injectors however unless they are EV1 mini style they will not work on the mp112. Also its possible the mp112 already has 60# injectors i couldn't see from the pictures but check to see if there is a blue ring on them (indicates they are 60s). Also like DMM said you would need a new intake manifold lid so the 112 sat back far enough. Also a DW300 is overkill for a 112, a walbro 255 is more than sufficient but whatever your preference is go for that. Make sure you do the racetronix wiring harness
They are the stubby ones. And I believe the Maggie ones were green rings. The DW is there for future expansion, after I forge the bottom end... And do bigger FI
Old 12-12-2014, 12:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't mind spending extra money if I only have to do it once.
Go mezeire and frozen boost, proven on multiple Vs

Yea, am budgeting for about $3k.
Not enough for an FI upgrade.

ditch the bosch go jabsco, you can ditch the whole heat exchanger 'save weight' and run a killer chiller which will beyond keep the iat2 below ambient or right at it
Pricey solution and I have seen a few of the 1/4 mile guys around here with issues. I think they were all from installation but they swore otherwise. I am seeing roughly the same difference between IAT and ambient as DMM. I have considered Meth for octane and may play a bit.

Also a DW300 is overkill for a 112, a walbro 255 is more than sufficient but whatever your preference is go for that. Make sure you do the racetronix wiring harness
True on both counts but I prefer the DW over the Walbro (mostly subjective). While doing the harness make sure you do the bulkhead connector.
Old 12-12-2014, 01:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Sssnake
Go mezeire and frozen boost, proven on multiple Vs

Not enough for an FI upgrade.

Pricey solution and I have seen a few of the 1/4 mile guys around here with issues. I think they were all from installation but they swore otherwise. I am seeing roughly the same difference between IAT and ambient as DMM. I have considered Meth for octane and may play a bit.

True on both counts but I prefer the DW over the Walbro (mostly subjective). While doing the harness make sure you do the bulkhead connector.
Cool, I'm still looking at parts and stuff. Everyone is recommending frozenboost and mezeire so I'll roll with that.

As far as the $3k, that's just for the rebuild of the blower and the fuel system. As it is right now, I might be able to sneak a hx from the car this came out of. So I'll just need to add a hx pump.

I'm going to literally copy Philistine's pump install -1 pump. If I go forged later I can add one. But for now, I'm just dropping one in instead if the two
Old 12-12-2014, 01:58 PM
Launching!

I have the ford / eaton variant of the m112 on my truck. It really woke it up. It'd be a no brainer to get the sc IMO.
Old 12-12-2014, 04:53 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by itsdaveonline
I have the ford / eaton variant of the m112 on my truck. It really woke it up. It'd be a no brainer to get the sc IMO.
took my 112 off my lightning for a h122 ported ran 18psi with ease on the truck and stock block
Old 12-13-2014, 10:49 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by ls1247

Something like this maybe?

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...gauge-pod.html

You should start a new thread. I'd be a buyer on an gauge a-pillar setup or would that cause you to question my sanity........
Ls1247 I'll always question the sanity of people that are on car forums, including myself

Yes, the one on the center stack gave me the idea. As far as I know, no one currently sells one currently for us. I'm not trying to get in a vendor fight with LS1 tech here so as for right now, this is purely hypothetical. Maybe I'll start a thread after I construct one.

As far as the A-pillar, how would you want that finished? I was going to suede wrap mine because it would be easy to color match the black in the seats and I was contemplating doing the whole dash anyways. I could try finding a color matched fabric for the pillar, or I could try and get some paint or something. That stuff is a weird fabric stuff that's like glued on, no way its coming off.

I'll send it to you finished however you want, i.e. primered, bare sanded, or wrapped with a fabric. Also, what orientation do you want them in, straight up and down the pillar like in a row? Or in a cluster? How many pods do you want?

Last edited by ryridesmotox; 12-13-2014 at 11:20 AM.
Old 12-13-2014, 12:14 PM
TECH Addict

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Ls1247 I'll always question the sanity of people that are on car forums, including myself
lol....we test each others sanity often!

unfinished would work for me. maybe you should try and do a small group buy so you can get everything in bulk, do 5 or 10 at 1 time and only make the mess once? a-pillar covers are starting to be easy to get so cores wouldn't be an issue.

3 gauges might be a bit much though...

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...-complete.html

Quick Reply: dilemma...