Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Hard to shift into gear - Bad clutch mstr?

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2014, 03:24 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No, the OEM master has no return spring in it and the clutch pedal has an assist spring that pulls it towards the floor. Mine did the same thing and had to be returned manually when bleeding. Long term, if you ever decide to pull the trans to investigate further, get yourself a remote bleeder as it makes that job much easier.

The PMC install is pretty easy as long as you're not 6'7" . The under dash work is the most difficult part simply due to space constraints.

Last edited by Fweasel; 12-12-2014 at 10:53 PM.
Old 12-12-2014, 04:33 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Fweasel
No, the OEM master has no return spring in it. Mine did the same thing and had to be returned manually when bleeding. Long term, if you ever decide to pull the trans to investigate further, get yourself a remote bleeder as it makes that job much easier.

The PMC install is pretty easy as long as you're not 6'7" . The under dash work is the most difficult part simply due to space constraints.
Glad i'm not the only one hitting that problem too. But i actually got a remote bleeder

Yeah im only 6'1 and i can't even see how anyone taller could actually drive the car comfortably. Not looking forward to the under the dash jazz.
Old 12-12-2014, 04:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Put the seat all the way to the rear, lay the back all the way down, slide your head under the dash... I also removed my lower dash panel... And broke the god damn clips on it. But it holds up just fine with the lower screws. Also, if you get the knurled collar with 3 holes for set screws... Thread them in 90% of the way when you have it in your hand. That way you only have to turn them a few rotations... I didn't do this, and my hand developed kevels if cramping previously unheard of.
Old 12-13-2014, 01:44 AM
TECH Fanatic

Hey gents... Here is another aspect. I've been unable to find anywhere that sells a gauge pod. I'm going to fiberglass one for the top of the dash, above the radio and cover it in a suede to match the interior. Anyone else need something like that? The fabric place near my house sells it by the yard, and I definitely won't need a whole yard for myself. If anyone is interested, I'll probably try and knock it out in a week or so. Be like $40-50 depending on what the suede costs that matches. Unless you want a bare one, then it's just the cost of glass and resin... Have to resurrect my surfboard repair skills. Of you want a different location I can do that too... Just attach it with some 3m tape and it should hold on just fine. I don't like drilling into my car if I don't absolutely have to.
Old 12-13-2014, 09:05 AM
TECH Addict

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by ryridesmotox
Hey gents... Here is another aspect. I've been unable to find anywhere that sells a gauge pod. I'm going to fiberglass one for the top of the dash, above the radio and cover it in a suede to match the interior. Anyone else need something like that? The fabric place near my house sells it by the yard, and I definitely won't need a whole yard for myself. If anyone is interested, I'll probably try and knock it out in a week or so. Be like $40-50 depending on what the suede costs that matches. Unless you want a bare one, then it's just the cost of glass and resin... Have to resurrect my surfboard repair skills. Of you want a different location I can do that too... Just attach it with some 3m tape and it should hold on just fine. I don't like drilling into my car if I don't absolutely have to.
Something like this maybe?

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...gauge-pod.html

You should start a new thread. I'd be a buyer on an gauge a-pillar setup or would that cause you to question my sanity........
Old 12-13-2014, 10:47 AM
TECH Fanatic

Wow... Sorry, I totally meant to put this on my thread last night. Holy **** I guest I was more tired than I thought. I can glass whatever you want. All I need is a number of pods and where you want them to be. If I'm going to cut me paste my post on my thread, so this goes back where it belongs and the threadjack can stop.

Sorry about that.

Quick Reply: Hard to shift into gear - Bad clutch mstr?