Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Team Dynamics center caps? What's the deal?

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2015, 02:45 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by AAIIIC
The center caps look great, but you gotta do something about those lug nuts!
They came with the wheels, next winter hope to let them black chromed or galvanic zinc?!

Center Caps are a lot of work, everyone of them is specially measured for each wheel, difficult to make a good Price here and shipping is around €35 so you will end up also at $100 Minimum and 7075 flight alu is also not the cheapest

I can put here in a drawing with measurements and you go to local shop maybe?!

Best regards,
Ronald
Old 05-17-2015, 03:08 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by shadyLS6
Thanks for the solutions guys. Ron you want to start selling those? $126 from trinty is way to much for center caps

Raven any pic of the finished rear hub modifications. Did all the hubs need to be trimmed or just the rear?
No pics but I broke everything down and even knocked the studs out to cut them down. I just marked 7mm all the way around and cut on the line.

The fronts aren't nearly as bad but could use a few mm trimmed too. I haven't done the fronts yet, I might not. You don't really even notice that they aren't as far back as the rears.
Old 05-17-2015, 03:41 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I forgot, you have to shorten your driveshafts around 18mm to mount the same height in caps on all your 4 wheels, i go that way:

If you have questions about this Action, please feel free to ask!

Hope they never must come out or should i better say come in?!

Best regards,
Ronald
Old 08-28-2023, 11:47 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by raven154
Well here is my solution to the whole no wheel caps thing. I found these bearing grease caps that where almost the right diameter. They are a little shy on size so I played around with center punching the back of them and that worked great, I just didn't like how they scratched/cut into the wheel a little when installed so for know they are just wrapped in electrical tape and hammered in. I don't think they will fall out any time soon. I may look into other means like some set screws or something more permanent.

I did cut the hub down 7mm to clear these or any other caps in the future. Instead of just beveling it I chose to cut them down and then chamfer the edge slightly. Looks good, hub still engages the wheel, and I have plenty of clearence now.

Anyway, here's the final product. Paint still isn't perfect but I'm experimenting with colors and base coats to get the color right.

Test fitting

Sanded with 320, black base coat, silver metallic top coat.

Hub cut down and installed like its ready to roll down the road.

And finally what I started with. Best part is its about 6 bucks a pair. So for 12 bucks and a can or two of paint, you can have some center caps that I think look pretty damn good.

Did you ever get to install the Team Dynamics center caps?
Old 10-30-2023, 01:51 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by b562
Did you ever get to install the Team Dynamics center caps?
No, I never sourced a 4th cap so I never pursued it.

Quick Reply: Team Dynamics center caps? What's the deal?