Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Torque arm for wheel hop?

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2015, 08:43 PM
TECH Addict

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

End. Of. Story.
Old 03-10-2015, 07:30 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Alright. I think I've got this photo bucket album setup. I took some pictures of my car ((05 CTS-V) the pictures with the broom stick and without the brackets over the 3 bolt holes) and a good amount of pictures of an 06 STS that we had traded into the shop last week (the pictures with the brackets and the link going to the cradle).

My question was, do all of your cars have these three bolt holes in the rear frame/pinch weld area? I'd imagine they all do, now that I've seen the same holes on an STS.

I did take the brackets off of the STS and fit them on my car to verify fitment. I'm thinking I can add my cross brace to these brackets because they are more nicely contoured around the edges of the frame and around the fuel filter mount than I could do. Their objective is to slightly limit the movement of the cradle under hard acceleration/braking but I can't really see them being too successful at this because the bushings used in the ends are super soft. Good idea though.

http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn171/barretn7/Mobile%20Uploads/20150310_182044_zpsjisq1mba.jpg

http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn171/barretn7/Mobile%20Uploads/20150310_182038_zpspeufeugl.jpg

Let me know if you can or can't scroll through my pictures. I was trying to post direct links but it's not the easiest with my phone.

Last edited by bearit12345; 03-10-2015 at 08:15 PM.
Old 03-13-2015, 09:07 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by bearit12345
I did take the brackets off of the STS and fit them on my car to verify fitment. I'm thinking I can add my cross brace to these brackets because they are more nicely contoured around the edges of the frame and around the fuel filter mount than I could do. Their objective is to slightly limit the movement of the cradle under hard acceleration/braking but I can't really see them being too successful at this because the bushings used in the ends are super soft. Good idea though.
Are you saying that there are brackets on the STS that will attach to the CTS. And that these brackets will tie the front of the cradle where the trailing arms mount to the frame?

this is the first I have heard of it and I did some quick searching to see if I could find some additional pictures of STS cradles and came up empty. If these parts are available and have any impact I would be willing to wager that we could get one of the bushing suppliers to create some poly replacements for the soft rubber. These might serve the same purpose as the BMR bar tying the two sides of the cradle together.

Any part numbers on those brackets / links?
Old 04-21-2015, 01:23 PM
Teching In

These STS brackets will fit the CTS body but there isn't a place on the cradle to mount the link. The STS has a slightly different trailing arm than the CTS as well, which probably helps a bit too (the bolts to mount the trailing arm are both horizontal so they probably deflect way less than the CTS' trailing arm front bushing.)

Sorry for the lack of progress since my initial posting. I'm getting married in the beginning of May and the planning has been consuming my free time. I plan to get to the track before the end of May so it shouldn't be much longer and I'll have some sort of set up on the car.
Old 04-21-2015, 02:35 PM
TECH Addict

Quick Reply: Torque arm for wheel hop?