Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Recaro Seats - Gen I

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2015, 03:35 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Recaro Seats - Gen I

Has anyone ever tried to fit Gen II Recaro seats in a Gen I? Any experiences, suggestions, recommendations?

Thanks in advance for your input.

George
07 V
TX
Old 02-26-2015, 03:45 AM
Teching In

I'm sure you can get them to fit but, the seat belts would be the problem. Gen 1 seat belts are in the seat. Gen 2 on the b pillar.
Old 02-26-2015, 03:52 AM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by eddiewever
I'm sure you can get them to fit but, the seat belts would be the problem. Gen 1 seat belts are in the seat. Gen 2 on the b pillar.
Just go to a rollcage and a 5 point harness!
Old 02-26-2015, 10:17 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Damnnn integrated seat belts.
Old 02-26-2015, 10:35 AM
TECH Addict

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Someone over on CF put some Sparcos or something in theirs and IIRC they bolted seat belts to the B pillar.
Old 02-26-2015, 11:31 AM
TECH Resident

Both Recaros and Sparcos have been done. Cadillac Forums has several threads on them. Airbag light is more of a concern than the seat belt issue
Old 02-26-2015, 12:36 PM
TECH Apprentice

All airbag lights are defeat-able with resistors except the one in the passenger seat, which uses the passenger presence system. I believe you'd have to pull it out of the factory passenger seat and connect it for that particular airbag light to stay un-lit.
Old 02-26-2015, 01:36 PM
TECH Addict

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by jclayc
All airbag lights are defeat-able with resistors except the one in the passenger seat, which uses the passenger presence system. I believe you'd have to pull it out of the factory passenger seat and connect it for that particular airbag light to stay un-lit.
So much of this.....speculation. Has it been done or have you done it? In a V1, not some random vehicle. I have yet to see it, swapped seats with air bag light solved. I also enjoy how "all" becomes "except" in this statement. Removing the sensor and retaining it for after market seats would obviously work, but then you face other issues. Can you get the sensor to operate properly with the new seat? Otherwise it is just a waste of space and weight because the air bag will never go off anyway, thinking no one is in the seat.

Alas, I have been waiting for someone here to figure it out but the solution has not arrived Other than keeping the stock sensor or course. So maybe when i switch out my seats some day I will solve this problem, but due to my procrastination and general laziness....don't hold your breathe!

Didn't you wish you had removed the sensor before getting rid of your old seats? I got one I can sell ya!

To Ls1247 point I have not seen anyone mount the seat belts to the B-pillar......?

I have seen it go to the rear seat belt mounts, or like jclayc, a full on cage.

Do a search with keyword seats in title only cts-v section OP
Old 02-26-2015, 02:33 PM
Teching In

It has been done several times before. They have also mounted the seat belt on the B pillar. They mounted a piece of steel behind the pillar. Some had the passenger sensor installed into the seat, for side airbags they had a resistors installed. I had a ton of threads saved, but I lost a lot of my data.
Old 02-26-2015, 06:31 PM
TECH Apprentice

Yes, I have resolved the main four airbag codes (F+R, L+R) - leaving just the the PPS warning. This shows you the wiring for how to do the main two under the seats. http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...ml#post3175348 Taking care of the rear curtain bags is the same resistor process as in that post. That just leaves the light triggered by the PPS and, since the post above, I've also removed the steering wheel airbag but haven't worried about turning off its code.

My goal with the PPS would be to get the light to turn off, not have the pps sense people and turn the airbag on and off. Unlike the other sensors which turn off the light by sensing the resistance of the bag, I believe the pps circuit puts through a tiny bit of voltage that will get the light to turn off.

How much for the PPS bladder/wire?

Last edited by jclayc; 02-26-2015 at 07:35 PM.
Old 02-26-2015, 07:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

Im sure its just swapping the wiring from the v1 for the v2 seats for the heat and air bag. Shouldnt even be a question.
Seat belts are easy to. Just find some anchors or make em.
Old 02-27-2015, 12:17 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I'll have to make use of those resistors when I get home finally and turn off the light/warning. I have an 04 so no passenger sensor. As for bolting belts to the pillars, I've seen it discussed but never have seen pictures other than that single photo. For my Sparcos I have 6 points attached to the roll bar but a street 3 point option would be nice.

Last edited by UnsafeAtAnySpd; 02-27-2015 at 02:26 AM.
Old 02-27-2015, 01:07 AM
Teching In

Didn't mean to stir up a hornets nest. What used to be a simple thing back in the days of swapping out seats between cars has now turned into a BIG fiasco. I didn't even think about front/side airbags, different seat belt mounts, etc., etc. But I do thank everyone for their input.

Regards,
George
Old 02-27-2015, 08:01 AM
TECH Addict

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by UnsafeAtAnySpd
I'll have to make use of those resistors when I get home finally and turn off the light/warning. I have an 04 so no passenger sensor. As for bolting belts to the pillars, I've seen it discussed but never have seen pictures other than that single photo. For my Sparcos I have 6 points attached to the roll bar but a street 3 point option would be nice.
The B pillar pic I've seen shows a nice flat surface to work with. Wouldn't be hard to reinforce. I'd be more worried about everything else involved in the swap frankly.
Old 02-27-2015, 10:46 AM
TECH Addict

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by jclayc

How much for the PPS bladder/wire?
I was just kidding, haha I'm keeping them SOB's until someone solves the air bag issues for good!
Old 02-27-2015, 12:13 PM
TECH Apprentice

hmmm... I'll have to find the female part of the PPS plug and compare it to this: http://airbag360.com/cadillac-24-c.asp

Quick Reply: Recaro Seats - Gen I