Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Fuel pump

Old 04-15-2015, 02:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by tommycompton
I like this!! So you put a stock bucket on each side? No problems with reading fuel level, I'm assuming both floats are hooked up. Sounds straight forward, but do you have pics and such?
yes, stock bucket on each side. No. the fuel signal is divided among the two (bucket in passenger side) and Pickup on drivers side in stock form. Both floats are hooked up.
I have probably 50 pics regarding the fuel delivery.
One has to 'customize' the bucket (removing the restriction, adding a return back into the bucket. (Sorry this is going off by memory here..) add the pickup on the end of the bucket.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/cadillac-...ork-shrug.html
Answer: Yes. it works.
Old 04-17-2015, 10:40 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by vmapper
yes, stock bucket on each side. No. the fuel signal is divided among the two (bucket in passenger side) and Pickup on drivers side in stock form. Both floats are hooked up.
I have probably 50 pics regarding the fuel delivery.
One has to 'customize' the bucket (removing the restriction, adding a return back into the bucket. (Sorry this is going off by memory here..) add the pickup on the end of the bucket.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/cadillac-...ork-shrug.html
Answer: Yes. it works.
Thanks man. Did you just buy a second drivers side bucket for siphon pick up. Looks the drivers side is virtually the same as the passengers side.
Old 04-17-2015, 11:53 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by tommycompton
Thanks man. Did you just buy a second drivers side bucket for siphon pick up. Looks the drivers side is virtually the same as the passengers side.
I had purchased another passenger bucket. Both Buckets are identical mirroring each other. Had drilled a hole for the return bucket front top part to go directly back into the bucket itself, ensuring the bucket is overflowing gushing. You can see that in the pictures in post #8. Also, if it means anything, using Hotwire kit to the buckets.
also i am no longer using a - 6 Y to -10 to a filter.. as stated in the one post
"Both feed lines go into equal length hose to AN Y fitting. -6/-6 to -8AN.
-8AN to -10 AN filter "
I am using a fuel block where both -6 feed directly into with a fuel filter -RPM350 . and -8 out to the rails. It is mounted on a zinc plate attached to the rail (flipped upside down (so filter is pointing up ) on the passenger side and the fuel lines go up further up around the saddle of the tank. everything fits.

To Note: using GSS340 pumps (two) depending on the rail pressure will depend on the fuel capacity support. under 60psi two of these pumps are easily good for 1000rwhp. But then you will need larger injectors.. and larger injectors are more difficult to control at idle. Balancing act. Smaller injectors which are easier to control require higher rail pressure, higher rail pressure the flow drops. I have math and charts somewhere...but you get the idea.

Last edited by vmapper; 04-17-2015 at 12:09 PM.
Old 04-18-2015, 01:27 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by vmapper
I had purchased another passenger bucket. Both Buckets are identical mirroring each other. Had drilled a hole for the return bucket front top part to go directly back into the bucket itself, ensuring the bucket is overflowing gushing. You can see that in the pictures in post #8. Also, if it means anything, using Hotwire kit to the buckets.
also i am no longer using a - 6 Y to -10 to a filter.. as stated in the one post
"Both feed lines go into equal length hose to AN Y fitting. -6/-6 to -8AN.
-8AN to -10 AN filter "
I am using a fuel block where both -6 feed directly into with a fuel filter -RPM350 . and -8 out to the rails. It is mounted on a zinc plate attached to the rail (flipped upside down (so filter is pointing up ) on the passenger side and the fuel lines go up further up around the saddle of the tank. everything fits.

To Note: using GSS340 pumps (two) depending on the rail pressure will depend on the fuel capacity support. under 60psi two of these pumps are easily good for 1000rwhp. But then you will need larger injectors.. and larger injectors are more difficult to control at idle. Balancing act. Smaller injectors which are easier to control require higher rail pressure, higher rail pressure the flow drops. I have math and charts somewhere...but you get the idea.
I may go this way eventually, I'll see how my current set up does if there are any hiccups i'll contemplate this. Or when it comes time for a tr6060 upgrade do it all while i got everything apart again.
Old 05-25-2015, 10:07 PM
On The Tree

Has any one try or know if v2 fuel bucket fitted in a v1 fuel tank
Old 05-25-2015, 10:11 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by cts-vls6
Doubt it, ours is horizontal, there's is vertical.
Old 05-26-2015, 02:35 AM
DMM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Yes I've tried, no it doesn't work. The hole in the tank for the module is a different size. I have a thread on it. Do a search.
Old 05-27-2015, 12:34 AM
TECH Fanatic

Depth AND diameter of hole are not the same.
Would have went with a FOREInnovation bucket along time ago if that was the case.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Fuel pump