Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

PSA - Fuel Module/Harness Recall (N140405) is now actionable

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2015, 08:06 AM
TECH Addict

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

That would throw codes for sure. Wonder if it would put the car in a limp or relearn mode?
Old 03-27-2015, 08:27 AM
TECH Addict

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by ls1247
That would throw codes for sure. Wonder if it would put the car in a limp or relearn mode?
It takes a while to throw the code. I drove my old ls6 C5 for about 100 miles like this before it threw a code. No, it did not go into limp mode. Could on and ls2 car I guess, but I don't know for sure.
Old 03-27-2015, 09:32 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by NIKDSC5
It takes a while to throw the code. I drove my old ls6 C5 for about 100 miles like this before it threw a code. No, it did not go into limp mode. Could on and ls2 car I guess, but I don't know for sure.
Wow, I would have thought the car paid more attention than that.
Old 03-27-2015, 02:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by coltboostin
Is there any way to have this done by a GM certified speed shop, and NOT a dealer? Love to use this as an excuse to put poly rear end mounts in the car!!
Can anyone answer this question? Or, does someone know a GM service manager that could answer it? There was an additional paper that came with one of my recall notices that seemed like a reimbursement form if someone else did the repair.
Old 03-27-2015, 03:49 PM
TECH Regular

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by coltboostin
Can anyone answer this question? Or, does someone know a GM service manager that could answer it? There was an additional paper that came with one of my recall notices that seemed like a reimbursement form if someone else did the repair.
Mine came with this also.
Old 03-27-2015, 05:12 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What are they doing v2 brakes for you or something that's crazy.

[

QUOTE=Gus_Mahn;18729239]Going to pick it up. They said it needs brakes on both axles and offered to do it for $1700!!![/QUOTE]
Old 03-27-2015, 06:49 PM
Staging Lane

I called my local Cadillac dealership to make an appointment and first they told me that i'd have to bring in my car to get inspected and they would decide if I needed the replacement even though they confirmed that I had a recall open. This seemed odd to me so I asked if GM would tell me the same thing if I called them to confirm and they said yes. Needless to say I called GM and they didn't tell me that, they said the dealership had to service the recall no matter what. GM then called the dealership while I was on hold and the dealership told GM that I needed to bring my car in so they can see which part it was (apparently there is more than one part number for the fuel pump module?) and then they'd have to order it and then i'd have to bring my car again for the actual replacement once the part arrived. The GM lady I spoke to agreed that this was a waste of my time to have to drop my car off twice and she is trying to get a hold of some sort of manager at that dealership to see why they require me to make two trips and don't have the part(s) on hand. This is pretty much where I stand now, GM called me today saying they were unable to get a hold of the manger today so I am waiting for a call back on Monday with an update.
Old 03-27-2015, 07:42 PM
TECH Addict

I can't go without my car.

Because this is a safety recall, wonder if Cadillac would offer me a loaner if I held out?
Old 03-27-2015, 08:25 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ls1247
I can't go without my car.

Because this is a safety recall, wonder if Cadillac would offer me a loaner if I held out?
My dealer said they'd give me a loaner.
Old 03-28-2015, 12:26 PM
TECH Resident

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

So what exactly is the fix? Is the new harness plug design somehow different?
Old 03-28-2015, 12:34 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 1BADCTS
So what exactly is the fix? Is the new harness plug design somehow different?
Plug pin materials. Different medal.
Old 03-29-2015, 06:15 AM
TECH Fanatic

I'm hearing mixed reports on dealers offering loaner vehicles. Quite ridiculous, really. Although I think if people complained to corporate about any of the dealers that didn't offer loaners, they would probably forced to do it. "Bring your car in so it doesn't spew gas everywhere. You want a loaner?! Insolent swine!" Some dealers just really suck...
Old 03-29-2015, 09:04 AM
TECH Resident

While I'm certainly not defending dealerships (I've always avoided them at all costs), the loaner car policy is pretty clear with recalls. They are not obligated to provide one. Warranty work, yes, you get a loaner. I even think there's a policy that if your car has less than 30k (?) on the odometer, you're good for a loaner. But recalls, typically not. From most of the reports I've read, even a call to corporate will not make them change their minds if your dealership has said no. They could provide you a shuttle back home or to work, but a loaner car being given out sounds like a sign of a dealership who's willing yo bend the rules for you. So if you manage to get a loaner for the 5 hours this is supposed to take; lucky you. If not, it doesn't sound like you have a leg to stand on to argue for one. Unfortunate but true.
Old 03-29-2015, 09:37 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by wes8398
While I'm certainly not defending dealerships (I've always avoided them at all costs), the loaner car policy is pretty clear with recalls. They are not obligated to provide one. Warranty work, yes, you get a loaner. I even think there's a policy that if your car has less than 30k (?) on the odometer, you're good for a loaner. But recalls, typically not. From most of the reports I've read, even a call to corporate will not make them change their minds if your dealership has said no. They could provide you a shuttle back home or to work, but a loaner car being given out sounds like a sign of a dealership who's willing yo bend the rules for you. So if you manage to get a loaner for the 5 hours this is supposed to take; lucky you. If not, it doesn't sound like you have a leg to stand on to argue for one. Unfortunate but true.
If you bought the car from them, they'll probably give you a loaner. If you didn't they aren't obligated to. I was told this by my Cadillac dealer and previously by suby dealers regarding recalls and warranty work. It's pretty much my expectation anymore. Luckily I did buy my Cadillac at the dealer.
Old 03-29-2015, 09:44 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by isis
If you bought the car from them, they'll probably give you a loaner. If you didn't they aren't obligated to. I was told this by my Cadillac dealer and previously by suby dealers regarding recalls and warranty work. It's pretty much my expectation anymore. Luckily I did buy my Cadillac at the dealer.
I think its more a matter of how accommodating they want to be (and the availability of loaners). I bought my V used (privately) and even imported it to another country, where the local dealership has still said they'll make a loaner available if I'd like one.
Old 03-29-2015, 09:59 AM
TECH Fanatic

The dealer I would go to is a Texas V Club sponsor, so I would be very surprised if they said no. I still haven't decided if I want them digging into my car, though.
Old 03-29-2015, 02:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by wes8398
I think its more a matter of how accommodating they want to be (and the availability of loaners). I bought my V used (privately) and even imported it to another country, where the local dealership has still said they'll make a loaner available if I'd like one.
Oh I agree for sure. I was just stating my expectations for dealer loaners in general. Cadillac is a premium brand so I'd expect some dealers to exceed that. But there are always the guys who won't go the extra if you weren't their customer to begin with.
Old 03-29-2015, 02:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

I just saw someone post a pic of the new harness. Not only is it different materials, but it's actually more like the Racetronic hotwire kit where it provides larger wiring and perhaps a relay to power the pump to reduce heat. I wonder if someone at corporate found the Racetronic website and was like "Guys, I've got the solution to the recall!!!"
Old 03-29-2015, 03:33 PM
TECH Regular

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by bmylez
I just saw someone post a pic of the new harness. Not only is it different materials, but it's actually more like the Racetronic hotwire kit where it provides larger wiring and perhaps a relay to power the pump to reduce heat. I wonder if someone at corporate found the Racetronic website and was like "Guys, I've got the solution to the recall!!!"
If you google the part numbers I provided it comes up as a GMPP
Old 03-29-2015, 03:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by LS BRAVADA
If you google the part numbers I provided it comes up as a GMPP
Naw, I wasn't saying they are simply re-using the Racetronix kit, I was more poking fun that they simply copied their idea. I'm guessing that harness existed before the recall.

Quick Reply: PSA - Fuel Module/Harness Recall (N140405) is now actionable