Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

whay do you guys think...car purchase

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2015, 08:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My car was tuned by Lethal. They produce some monster cars, however, they use STD correction and it kills me. 529 still sounds stupidly high, but what do I know.
Old 04-09-2015, 08:29 PM
TECH Resident

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Well damn... Car looks fantastic, sounds fantastic... The guy has been talking a lot more, seems like a decent dude. Bummer. I thought those numbers sounded little high.
Old 04-09-2015, 08:33 PM
TECH Resident

Also I asked about that Hennessey claim. He said he worked there and went through their training programs.
Old 04-09-2015, 08:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Hennezzey Akademi
Old 04-09-2015, 09:01 PM
TECH Resident

Killin me B!!!
Old 04-09-2015, 09:45 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Unless he can produce the receipts and you can confirm with the shop who did the build I wouldnt touch the car personally. The price seems really good since it has some really nice mods. Still sticking with my claim that Ive never seen a heads/cam ls2 make the numbers claimed.
Old 04-09-2015, 09:51 PM
TECH Resident

I totally understand.. And am heavily Leary... But being a guy that recently considered a heads cam swap on my V and do all my own work... I'd hate to not be able to sell my car because I did the work and not a shop lol. So that makes me feel torn. The car is beautiful...and such low miles.. Sucks.
Old 04-09-2015, 10:05 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Heads/cam is different then shortblock......I know plenty of guys who have done some work on there cars about half way through a 30 pack. All personal preference but at the very least do a compression/leakdown test. It sounds incredible btw
Old 04-09-2015, 10:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

I'd talk him up a little more. See if he did the assembly or just part of it, or who helped/instructed him, that kind of thing. Bolting heads on isn't the same as assembling a shortblock. See how much he did and if he's aware of what he doesn't know. It could be an honest deal. It does happen. It won't be too hard to tell if he's blowing smoke sitting on receipts and drag slips or if he actually knows a few things.
Old 04-10-2015, 02:43 AM
TECH Resident

I dug back through his previous forum post.. He stripped a bunch of goodies off the car.. Was trying to part out all the performance parts.. And was replacing them with stock parts. Stuck a used rear diff in place of a broken stock diff.. Has it listed as rpm built unit. Had a thread about the car overheating and boiling coolant out while idling parked.. And various other over heating situations. Then a thread about the engine keeping on running after shutting down the car. Just read a lot of stuff/issues he had with it.. All the while telling me its perfect never any issues and runs fantastic. Trying to talk me up saying its higher than z06 power levels.... What a jerk. I hate dishonest sellers. Thanks for the insight and opinions guys!!
Old 04-10-2015, 07:57 AM
TECH Fanatic

We should let Hennezzey know that he has brought disgrace upon them.
Old 04-10-2015, 08:04 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by voodoochikin04
I dug back through his previous forum post.. He stripped a bunch of goodies off the car.. Was trying to part out all the performance parts.. And was replacing them with stock parts. Stuck a used rear diff in place of a broken stock diff.. Has it listed as rpm built unit. Had a thread about the car overheating and boiling coolant out while idling parked.. And various other over heating situations. Then a thread about the engine keeping on running after shutting down the car. Just read a lot of stuff/issues he had with it.. All the while telling me its perfect never any issues and runs fantastic. Trying to talk me up saying its higher than z06 power levels.... What a jerk. I hate dishonest sellers. Thanks for the insight and opinions guys!!
I'm Glad you found out he was BS for sure Voodoo. It sucks that it turned out that way, but now you won't get stuck with a lemon. Take your time, there will be something bad *** around the corner.
Old 04-10-2015, 09:30 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by bmylez
We should let Hennezzey know that he has brought disgrace upon them.
Hennessey is perfectly capable of doing that themselves.
Old 04-10-2015, 09:32 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by voodoochikin04
I dug back through his previous forum post..
Part of my standard research process. It's amazing what people will post on a public forum and then assume no one will ever find it when they're stating otherwise in a classified add.
Old 04-10-2015, 09:44 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Fweasel
Part of my standard research process. It's amazing what people will post on a public forum and then assume no one will ever find it when they're stating otherwise in a classified add.
I texted him no thanks on the sale, due to misleading me and not disclosing these previous issues saying its perfect.. He has blown up my phone all morning saying how simple those issues were.. Fan modules going bad.. Clutch fuse bad keeping engine running with ignition off.. On and on and on.. About how this car is perfect and I'm over exagerrating the issues. And how I'm asking too much, that he has answered a million questions.. And this and that. I don't think wanting more than 8 pictures and asking basic info is too much? If I'm gonna buy a car 20hrs away.. I wanna see 50+ high res pics of everything. I wanna know ALL the details good and bad!..
Old 04-10-2015, 10:31 AM
TECH Addict

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

Still hasn't answered on why it makes that much power? If indeed it does. And I saw nothing about the rods being replaced? I'm assuming they were forged as well? I hope no one tears a motor down only to forge half the problem.

I wouldn't buy it. Even at 20k. Corvettes sometimes are known for gremlins that never really go away. Not all of them, just the lemons. And I'm going to assume that car is a Lemmon.
If you still want it if low ball him and at a min require a car fax and engine build receipts. Even if he is capable of building a motor himself......IMO I wouldn't. I'm having my motor built now, short of the machine work I could assemble it, but why would I? When the machine shop has made all the adjustments and knows all the parts better.....basic assembly charges are like 400$. Then I also have a receipt and paper trail. So to your point just because some one built it themselves you don't want to discriminate because you do the same....do you? And if you do, do you expect people to just take your word for it? Just my 2 cents.
Old 04-10-2015, 11:06 AM
TECH Resident

Yea very good points and insight.. I'm not a car buying novice, but damn this guy threw me for a loop.. Ha.

Stock crank. Stock rods. Stock bore. It did have kooks long tubes and a fast 90mm intake.. He sold those and put stock parts back on... THEN claims had it tuned and got 530.. I think he's full of ****.. It over heated at least once.. I'm over it. Car is out of the question. Thanks guys for all the help!!! very much appreciated. I almost started thinking I was asking to much of the seller.. Ha

He has since removed all his older posts about all the problems with the car. So now no one else can see.

Last edited by voodoochikin04; 04-10-2015 at 11:25 AM.
Old 04-10-2015, 01:24 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

shady.... good info from everyone here, good decision voodoo...
Old 04-15-2015, 11:35 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Removing his old posts confirms he selling a story too.

Quick Reply: whay do you guys think...car purchase