Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Source for CTS-V2 Front lower control arm bushings?

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2015, 07:40 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Source for CTS-V2 Front lower control arm bushings?

In desperate need of FRONT lower control arm bushings for my 2010 CTS-V.
My lowers are totaly shot. Uppers are ok but would like to go all poly.
At this point OEM rubber would be work.
Trying to avoid buying complete control arms.

I've checked around with all the usual suspects.
Looks like Revshift has uppers though a forum post on ctsvowners looks like a tough install.

Energy and Whiteline have generic bushings but I can't find any dimensions.

Any help and direction would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

TL
Old 06-18-2015, 01:43 AM
On The Tree

I can't help with your question, but that is disappointingly soon to be shot. How many miles? Bad roads in your state?
Old 06-18-2015, 06:53 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Lbar
I can't help with your question, but that is disappointingly soon to be shot. How many miles? Bad roads in your state?
56k miles, its my year round daily driver.
Chicago-roads suck, several brutal winters.
I drive pretty aggressively and I'm sure 700 ft lbs at the wheel contributed.
Always have understood if you want to play you got to pay.
Still it's disappointing that all the major bushings and shocks are totally shot.

I've always planned on keeping the car indefinitely as I love it for a DD.
Had I known I was going to be pouring $ into so soon I may have sold it last summer and got a Charger Hellcat well not really I would have put a deposit down on a V3-not really either.
Got to have 3 pedals.
Old 06-18-2015, 06:08 PM
On The Tree

Can't help, but I'm curious how you know that they are shot.

I know that many V1 owners have upgraded to Poly, but I always got the impression that people were looking to stiffen stuff up, not that they really "failed".

I think that you are the first that I've heard of the V2 killing bushings/shocks so early. Is it possible something else is going on with your car?
Old 06-19-2015, 08:59 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Andringa
Can't help, but I'm curious how you know that they are shot. I know that many V1 owners have upgraded to Poly, but I always got the impression that people were looking to stiffen stuff up, not that they really "failed".I think that you are the first that I've heard of the V2 killing bushings/shocks so early. Is it possible something else is going on with your car?
I drive pretty aggressively but nowhere as hard as you do at the strip or road course. Shocks I can see, I've had them fail on other cars around similar millage. 40% more torque had to contribute which in tern put a lot of stress on the other components.

The level of deformation of the bushings is what has me concerned.
I saw them 1st hand they were they were beyond dangerous.
At highway speeds could have easily stuffed it into another car, a barrier or ended up in the ditch. Scary stuff as I haul the most important things in my life-my three kids and the Mrs.

What started as a new clutch, short shift & some trans work, HX & reservoir swap and some preventive maintenance has turned into $8k+ project. Beyond the shot suspension my rotors were heavily glazed with some groves so Stoptech rotors and pads all around and braided brake lines.

The Mrs is convinced I'm sneaking a bunch of go fast parts into the mix. I don't blame her as I'm an ask for forgiveness vs permission kind of guy.
Just wait until she sees the bill for a stroker, heads and cam after I break in the clutch.

BTW: It looks like good folks at https://creative-steel.com will have their excellent urethane bushings for the V2 and a bunch of other goodies in a couple months.

Quick Reply: Source for CTS-V2 Front lower control arm bushings?