Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

My First Dyno

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2015, 04:33 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default My First Dyno

Hello All

I dont have the sheets yet (TTP is going to send to me by EOD or tomorrow) but will post once I do.

I was just wondering if anyone on here has had their car dyno'd on a Mustang Dyno and a DynoJet and what the differences were? I've read on numerous forums that the Mustang tends to be the heartbreaker of the two.

My Go Fast and Supporting mods are as follows: (2005 CTS-V)
-Kooks Headers (1 7/8) w/High Flow Cats into the Corsa Exhaust System
-K&N Cold Air
-Fast 92mm & LS2 TB
-Dyno Tune

(non go fast, but unsure if tightening any of these drivetrain items would have an impact on my numbers)
-CS Subframe Bushigs
-8.8 Rear End
-Ls7 Clutch

The car put down 370hp and 340 Torque at the wheels on a Mustang Dyno. Im in NYC/NJ and today wasnt too terrible. The Weather where it was dyno'd was 80 Degrees with 75% Humidity (lakewood nj)

I dont have a baseline to compare against unfortunately. Was just hoping to find out if these are crap numbers or seem right for what I have done to the car. Would love to see 400 whp but based on where I sit, I dont think thats humanly possible without porting the head + Cam (which im a bit hesitant on till i get a daily)

Thanks !

Last edited by Negligence; 08-20-2015 at 05:31 PM.
Old 08-20-2015, 04:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

Those numbers are fine.
Old 08-20-2015, 05:20 PM
TECH Addict

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

Yup for the mustang dyno you're right where you should
Be. Remember you are on a stock cam, so the car is only going to breathe as much as it allows. Put a cam in and you'd be around 420/400. Until then though the headers and intake aren't being very well utilized.
Old 08-20-2015, 05:20 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Yeah on a Mustang dyno those numbers aren't bad at all
Old 08-20-2015, 05:26 PM
Staging Lane

Thanks guys!

@NIKDSC5 - 100% Agree. Heads/Cams are in the near future and they will really unlock other parts potential output. I installed the headers and Intake knowing this too, but easier to do those guys first than the heads/cams.

Im going to get a daily first (prob an outback, something we (finacee aka decision maker) can go snowboarding/go on road trips with) then move my car to my air hangar and keep the daily near our apt. Then I can take the dive and port the heads/upgrade cam.

Also, sidenote - I recently got an air hangar with my buddy in Sussex NJ (1,100 square feet) - If ANYONE is in the NJ/CT/NY area and needs a mancave to come hang/work on their car, please feel free to reach out.

Last edited by Negligence; 08-20-2015 at 05:43 PM.
Old 08-22-2015, 08:15 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There is no reason to leave a dyno shop that you just dynoed at without dyno sheets.
There is a thread in the dyno section of this forum as to why you shouldn't leave without.
Old 08-25-2015, 01:33 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Gary Wells
There is no reason to leave a dyno shop that you just dynoed at without dyno sheets.
There is a thread in the dyno section of this forum as to why you shouldn't leave without.
I never said I left the shop

I live in NYC but store my car in NJ/my shop is in Central NJ.

They dyno tuned the car and told me the results over the phone - I am also getting married and on wedding planning duty most saturdays and was unable to see them in person when I picked up the car. I picked it up sunday when they were closed and the dyno sheet was there in the car. I just havent posted up yet.
Old 08-27-2015, 10:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

My '06 LS2 with the same headers, high flow cats and magnaflow exhaust put down 350/358 on an AWD mustang dyno. I have a mail order tune. The owner/operator said it would be significantly higher numbers at any of the local dynojet dynos in town her based on the numbers he's seen on same cars...
Old 08-31-2015, 10:15 PM
TECH Resident

My 06 V with just pacesetters, cat delete, cutouts and tune was just north of 370/360. Stock rear. Numbers sound right. On Mustang Dyno

Quick Reply: My First Dyno