Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Traded in the Goat for a V1

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2015, 08:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Plasti dip is the devils crack. Please don't let it extend to your body panels and trim.
Old 09-19-2015, 08:47 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by isis
Plasti dip is the devils crack. Please don't let it extend to your body panels and trim.
It's fun if you're bored. Doesn't ruin anything and you can play around with ideas before you paint something permanently. I love the stuff.
Old 09-20-2015, 11:03 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by diponyou
Seems like it's either this or the overflow.
Either way the trans needs to come down.
I might just deal with it until I get the ls7 stuff ready to go in.
Do they make transmission diapers?
Old 09-20-2015, 12:13 PM
TECH Addict

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by diponyou
It's fun if you're bored. Doesn't ruin anything and you can play around with ideas before you paint something permanently. I love the stuff.
Doesn't ruin anything if you spray it on thick enough to actually peel it off. Wait until you come across something with a thin coat of that crap on it...major pita!
Old 09-20-2015, 05:35 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by ls1247
Doesn't ruin anything if you spray it on thick enough to actually peel it off. Wait until you come across something with a thin coat of that crap on it...major pita!
Oh yeah for sure. I always make sure to coat everything really well.
I've had to deal with removing someone else's plastidip job and Jesus what a pain in the ***. Either way it still doesn't hurt anything besides your shoulders.
Old 09-20-2015, 05:36 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Fweasel
Do they make transmission diapers?
Lmao
I could seriously use one of those right about now.
Old 09-20-2015, 08:47 PM
TECH Enthusiast

We have almost the exact same setup going on! same scheme im going with. Havent done the grills yet because im not liking how the plastidip actually turns out. Rims are discolored. My rear bumper part is discolored. Think im just going to get them all painted.

So you do like the eibach kit? you get the spaces too? i think lowering it will be the next thing i do!

Last edited by Camaro350Z28; 09-20-2015 at 09:05 PM.
Old 09-20-2015, 09:04 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Name:  caddy1_zpsrf6u9n29.jpg
Views: 19
Size:  231.9 KB

Name:  IMG_20150618_083328595_zpsv1dtbj5w.jpg
Views: 19
Size:  265.2 KB
Old 09-20-2015, 09:29 PM
Staging Lane

Nice dude. Black goes good with infared Vs.
Though I am not a fan of blacked out lights.
And my grill came out great. I doubt anyone who didn't know these cars would be able to tell that it didn't come that way.

Plastidip is an art form. Anyone can get a can and paint parts, but it takes practice so it doesn't come out like ****. You basically have to forget anything you have learned about using normal rattle cans.

With that being said, it's not for everyone but that's what makes cars great. If everyone liked the same stuff, cars would be boring.
Old 09-22-2015, 11:28 PM
Staging Lane

Some progress on the V

I was talking to a buddy of mine about porting my intake and tb, and it just so happened that he had a ls2 intake and tb laying around and let my borrow them so I could minimize downtime.

Just going with the stage 1 port job on the manfold, and removing the step on the throttle body.

So far I have done the rough cut on all the runners. Tomorrow I will start the fine sanding to get everything smooth and even.

I also might be getting an ls7 clutch/flywheel for cheap/free in the next month I also found a shop that can do a cam install for me, I just talked with the mechanic but I will be talking to the owner tomorrow to see what kind of deal they can give me. It is the same place I bought the V at. Apparently they have a shop where they do a bunch of performance modifications/tuning.

*note, the lighting makes the porting look like dog poop but it's not as bad as it looks. Pwomise.
Attached Thumbnails Traded in the Goat for a V1-unnamed.jpg   Traded in the Goat for a V1-unnamed-1-.jpg   Traded in the Goat for a V1-unnamed-2-.jpg  
Old 09-23-2015, 04:09 AM
TECH Regular

Received 218 Likes on 136 Posts

Love the V man that color is the best I think ! Also should be some pretty nice gains porting your intake like that. You going to dyno it before you install it ?
Old 09-23-2015, 11:27 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by OneSlowV
Love the V man that color is the best I think ! Also should be some pretty nice gains porting your intake like that. You going to dyno it before you install it ?
Thanks.

I am going ti do a baseline beforeally the headers not sure if I'll be able to get it in before the intake though.
Old 09-23-2015, 01:41 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Camaro350Z28

Nice car man where in Washington are you
Old 09-23-2015, 02:10 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 328 Likes on 246 Posts

Nice ride, Im hoping i dont have to join you as I got my goat about a year and a half ago, and my wife and I are expecting in April.
Old 09-23-2015, 02:16 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by blackbyrd
Nice ride, Im hoping i dont have to join you as I got my goat about a year and a half ago, and my wife and I are expecting in April.
I absolutely hated having to get my son in and out of the goat. And with a newborn cars estate it's going ton be even worse. I hope you have a good lower back and/or another car that's baby friendly.

I know dudes do it, but it's 100 times better with the V. Not to mention just overall comfortability and whatnot. Essentially the same vehicle just with 2 more doors and much more comfy. There's no shame in trading the goat for a V.
Old 09-23-2015, 03:24 PM
TECH Veteran

I initially I wanted a V but wanted a coupe... but didnt want that big of a car payment. Wife actually has a SRX so it will likely be the primary vehicle for kid stuff or atleast thats my hope.

I have made the joke that I would take the passenger seat out and let it set. I wanted one a gto since they came out and finally had the opportunity. Basically I didnt need a truck anymore and at the time I drove one as part of my day job so I wanted something more fun to drive home in.

My wife is wanting to get something with more power though as that 3.4 is a dog on the during hard accel. Its hard to find a small crossover with v8 power let alone a v8.

thanks for posting this though as it gives me a perspective of whats to come haha
Old 09-23-2015, 04:53 PM
Staging Lane

I initially I wanted a V but wanted a coupe... but didnt want that big of a car payment. Wife actually has a SRX so it will likely be the primary vehicle for kid stuff or atleast thats my hope.

I have made the joke that I would take the passenger seat out and let it set. I wanted one a gto since they came out and finally had the opportunity. Basically I didnt need a truck anymore and at the time I drove one as part of my day job so I wanted something more fun to drive home in.

My wife is wanting to get something with more power though as that 3.4 is a dog on the during hard accel. Its hard to find a small crossover with v8 power let alone a v8.

thanks for posting this though as it gives me a perspective of whats to come haha
Well if you like the goat than stick with it man. I didn't really like mine so I didn't try very hard. I think I put 3k miles in the year I owned it, I just did not enjoy driving it.

And if you guys have another car then it should't be a big deal.

Congrats on the baby btw
Old 09-23-2015, 06:18 PM
TECH Veteran

Thanks ! And yes I really do enjoy this car granted it's not without its class and all the suspension woes that go with owning it. But I have worked on much worse platforms, and its my DD And its far more reliable than the bird.

Thanks again
Old 09-23-2015, 07:17 PM
Staging Lane

Thanks ! And yes I really do enjoy this car granted it's not without its class and all the suspension woes that go with owning it. But I have worked on much worse platforms, and its my DD And its far more reliable than the bird.

Thanks again
If you like it that's all that matters, man. I totally understand why dudes like goats, they are relatively rare and look cool. It's newer but it is definitely raw, more of ground pounder than a touring car. That's where the V steps in.
Old 09-23-2015, 11:56 PM
Staging Lane

Did some sanding on the intake.
60 and then 100 grit.
Next will be 150 and 200. Not trying to polish it, just want to get her nice and smooth.

It isn't perfect but it is pretty good. I will get it all cleaned up tomorrow and take some better pics.
Attached Thumbnails Traded in the Goat for a V1-11207295_10204620415699599_1196777002667682927_n.jpg  

Quick Reply: Traded in the Goat for a V1