Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

3" cowl hood for V1

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2015, 07:14 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm glad you found that pic because I was wondering the same thing (engine riding shotgun). It reminds me of the '90s firebirds except the engine is even further back.

Keep in mind that hood scoop goes down a ton. It would probably look pretty good if it just went below the current hoodline about an inch. You would have to bump it up over the TB, then cutout down. The center section in the middle of the lower section would also have be wide enough to straddle the neck of the blower. That would give you roughly 3"-4" of rise on the scoop to help with the heat extraction and given the path of the airflow would likely be pretty awesome for the radiator. In short, tough to do but damn it would look nice

I really need to get down to one of the local salvage yards and grab a cts hood for mock up. I am handy enough with fiberglass that I could do a scoop but I don't know about an entire hood. The problem with doing a scoop is attaching the fiberglass scoop to the aluminum hood. I have no idea about the rate of expansion/contraction differences between the two but I have to believe it would be substantial. It would suck to get this thing all fitted, painted, and looking good only to have the paint crack when the seasons change.
Old 11-12-2015, 11:41 AM
DMM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

What ever happened to the dude that installed the C7 vents on a CTS hood? It was all done, and he had pics of it. I honestly think that was the best bet, although we never did get shots underneath to see how much clearance was there.
Old 11-12-2015, 01:49 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

we never did get shots underneath to see how much clearance was there
I thought he came back and said there was little if any added clearance...
Old 04-16-2019, 05:06 PM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Can anyone give me some numbers or emails someone about get a hood for my V that will clear a LSA?? Thanks
Old 04-16-2019, 08:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Holy thread resurrection! I have seen it where guys have run an LSA with the stock hood, just removed all of the insulation or whatever that **** is under the hood.
Old 06-30-2019, 06:32 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jcollege
Holy thread resurrection! I have seen it where guys have run an LSA with the stock hood, just removed all of the insulation or whatever that **** is under the hood.
I seen the write up i believe you are referring to and I remember something about 1/2 lower engine mounts combined with removing the bracing. The lid was also from a camaro with the cooling ports facing forwards so you don’t have to cut the wiper tray.
Old 06-30-2019, 06:42 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I believe this guy is running stock motor mounts with the camaro lid

Quick Reply: 3" cowl hood for V1