Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

CTS-V vs 06' GTO?

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2006, 01:26 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by patisi
Why is it that '06 CTS-V is an LS2 motor? Do you know why?
LS6 was discontinued. LS2 is the corporate V8 now. You can find them in SSR's, GTO's, CTS-V's, etc. The LS6 is dead. Although the LS2 could use a few more of the LS6's parts. Like the intake.
Old 02-12-2006, 01:41 AM
TECH Addict

The direction your taking that idea about the ls2 being in the 06 V is childish and absolutely absurd!!! You have to be kinding? right? You feel that the only reason the 06 V has the ls2 is becuz the GTO had it in 05? You think that the engine packages this cars get from stock really have to do with pure perfomance and not based or influenced by the financial/marketing strategies these mutli-million dollar automanufactures produce to entice us, the consumer?

Also, you can call out anyone you like, that is fine. As long as it is kept friendly brotha. Im sure that if no one actually came out to your calling, which almost sounds like you are giving us no choice and we HAVE TO show up, you'll just spread negative vibes about the V crowd...("I tried, but well, i guess they know the truth?"

If your intentions were honest then i apologize. But i feel that i may not be wrong and that is the way this is headed....
Old 02-12-2006, 01:44 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by cvp33
LS6 was discontinued. LS2 is the corporate V8 now. You can find them in SSR's, GTO's, CTS-V's, etc. The LS6 is dead. Although the LS2 could use a few more of the LS6's parts. Like the intake.
exactly!!! However, the ls6 is not dead just like elvis or yoda...hes just a floaty verson of himself but still the same yoda!!
Old 02-12-2006, 05:11 AM
Rob
TECH Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I know I wasn't bashing nor will I. I can go by my personal efforts at the track. The last time out when my car was stock, ran a 13.25. This was after finally figuring out how to launch without wheel hop. Had I continued to go, I'm sure I could have widdled that down to a 13.1x. But I already had mods and they were calling me to put them on

I have yet to see a stock V run at the track. The ones around here all have Maggies, so they are quite a bit faster.

I would love to have a V but the goat does the same for a whole lot less money. Granted you have better brakes and easier access to the back seat

Don't know where all the hate came from but hopefully just a friendly rivalry will come of it.
Old 02-12-2006, 11:20 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by obZidian
The direction your taking that idea about the ls2 being in the 06 V is childish and absolutely absurd!!! You have to be kinding? right? You feel that the only reason the 06 V has the ls2 is becuz the GTO had it in 05? You think that the engine packages this cars get from stock really have to do with pure perfomance and not based or influenced by the financial/marketing strategies these mutli-million dollar automanufactures produce to entice us, the consumer?....
No, No, No. I am not sure why they put the LS2 in the '06 CTS-V. In fact I had no idea they had done this until I saw it at my local dealership. With regards to performance, I just don't see too many CTS-Vs at the track. Hence the request to have someone in the LA area come out to a track stock for stock. All in good fun. I really want to see what the car will do at the track. As I said, I want someone from this board so that we can both discuss the experience followed with some vidoes etc, not one of those my "My buddiy has a GTO and we ran from a roll, three honks or we ran from dig...." I hope you agree with the test model I am proposing. If it is a driver's race then so be it but one way or the other we put it to rest !!! I think this is more than fair.
Old 02-12-2006, 12:13 PM
TECH Addict

The 04 V would beat the 04 GTO hands down. Id be interested in seeing a 06 vs. 06 go at it since the playing field is a little more evenly matched.
Old 02-12-2006, 03:59 PM
Rob
TECH Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Parker TX
The 04 V would beat the 04 GTO hands down. Id be interested in seeing a 06 vs. 06 go at it since the playing field is a little more evenly matched.
So what did your stock V run?

Like I said earlier, mine ran 13.2 stock.
Old 02-12-2006, 04:36 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,090 Likes on 718 Posts

All the 05 GTO's went about 13.9 up here I think. But the LS2 ones went mid 13's.
Old 02-12-2006, 05:19 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Rob
So what did your stock V run?

Like I said earlier, mine ran 13.2 stock.

I never to my V to the track EVER in fear of breaking the rear diff. I was really only interested in racing from a roll untill I got some tires put on it.
Old 02-12-2006, 06:27 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by platinum
goats are gay
Hmmm. They are better built, are far more elegant (none of the razor-cut lines of the CTS), have a better interior, are lighter and are as fast as the CTS-Vs. In fact, GTOs are the best built cars GM has produced (it took Australia to do it!). I'm not bashing the Vs, mind you. I like the Vs and looked long and hard at one before buying a GTO.

Someone wrote recently that they were sorry that GM called the new GTO a GTO. I agree, wholeheartedly. The new GTO is so much better than anything GM has produced it's a shame that they reference an old piece of crap like DeLorean's overweight, one-dimensional land yacht to something this good.
Old 02-12-2006, 07:56 PM
Staging Lane

No, No, No. I am not sure why they put the LS2 in the '06 CTS-V. In fact I had no idea they had done this until I saw it at my local dealership. With regards to performance, I just don't see too many CTS-Vs at the track. Hence the request to have someone in the LA area come out to a track stock for stock. All in good fun. I really want to see what the car will do at the track. As I said, I want someone from this board so that we can both discuss the experience followed with some vidoes etc, not one of those my "My buddiy has a GTO and we ran from a roll, three honks or we ran from dig...." I hope you agree with the test model I am proposing. If it is a driver's race then so be it but one way or the other we put it to rest !!! I think this is more than fair.

I have a V ill race you. All I see around here are old men and women that is probobly why no one wants to race. I am in Santa Clarita everyday so maybe sometime this month we will head to the track. I race Karts so it will be a wierd transition but im down for the challenge. I dont know why you guys keep arguing when they are both GM cars... Wierdos
Old 02-12-2006, 08:21 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I'll race you in my 300c SRT-8.
Attached Thumbnails CTS-V vs 06' GTO?-300c5.jpg  
Old 02-12-2006, 11:18 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Sullen Clothing
I have a V ill race you. All I see around here are old men and women that is probobly why no one wants to race. I am in Santa Clarita everyday so maybe sometime this month we will head to the track. I race Karts so it will be a wierd transition but im down for the challenge. I dont know why you guys keep arguing when they are both GM cars... Wierdos
Glad to see, some one took the challenge. Meet me next week at the Cadillac Dealership in Valencia, on Creekside Road, I will be in an'05 CGM M6 GTO on Sunday the 19th at 1:00 PM. This is a stock for stock race, your choice Palmdale or Willow Springs.
Old 02-12-2006, 11:34 PM
TECH Addict

NICE... have fun guys....
Old 02-12-2006, 11:47 PM
Staging Lane

Glad to see, some one took the challenge. Meet me next week at the Cadillac Dealership in Valencia, on Creekside Road, I will be in an'05 CGM M6 GTO on Sunday the 19th at 1:00 PM. This is a stock for stock race, your choice Palmdale or Willow Springs.
Sorry I may sound dumb but what is the CMG and M6? I may need a little more time than a week. I have alot of stuff going on this month so ill try and squeeze in some time. If I cant beat you in grandmas cadillac ill try to shut you down with a little 30hp shifter kart. You can beat 30hp cant you?
Old 02-12-2006, 11:50 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Jagular
Hmmm. They are better built, are far more elegant (none of the razor-cut lines of the CTS), have a better interior, are lighter and are as fast as the CTS-Vs. In fact, GTOs are the best built cars GM has produced (it took Australia to do it!). I'm not bashing the Vs, mind you. I like the Vs and looked long and hard at one before buying a GTO.

Someone wrote recently that they were sorry that GM called the new GTO a GTO. I agree, wholeheartedly. The new GTO is so much better than anything GM has produced it's a shame that they reference an old piece of crap like DeLorean's overweight, one-dimensional land yacht to something this good.
You obviously have no understanding of what a goat really is and more importantly, seeing a person that says they like a certain automobile so much but have NO idea of the heritage behind it reminds me that cars are also part of a business nd money needs to be made.

Kinda reminds me of the modern day 350z owners.... "Datsun? Wait, is that a dishwasher?"

The new rear wheel drive platform is the key here and it so happened that it debuted in australia before here is just another marketing ploy designed to introduce a poduct and tailer it to the current market. Of course, at the disgretion of the current heads of the department.

The GTO isnt built better, are wat, 100 or so pounds lighter and its lines when compared to a V, IMO, are more ordinary, socially acceptable. The cadillac line is unique and not well acdepted becuz, well, you just dont see it alot and not the norm. Agreeable?

BUT, i love the gto-s..especially the 05/06. Interior is nice and the dual exhuast is a must, as well as the addition of the dual hood scoops. Moreoever, i have to agree that its almost pointless arguing about this becuz they are of the same "mother"....no reason is hating your bretheren... just alittle bit of brotherly "love" and poking fun wihtout getting caught!!!

Last edited by obZidian; 02-12-2006 at 11:59 PM.
Old 02-12-2006, 11:53 PM
TECH Addict

Hey, those karts have no seat belts becuz they only have 30hp right?

I think the CGM is his color (C. Green Metallic?) and the M6 is well, his trans....manual 6spd.
Old 02-13-2006, 09:14 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Sullen Clothing
Sorry I may sound dumb but what is the CMG and M6? I may need a little more time than a week. I have alot of stuff going on this month so ill try and squeeze in some time. If I cant beat you in grandmas cadillac ill try to shut you down with a little 30hp shifter kart. You can beat 30hp cant you?

Car Color = Cyclone Grey Metallic (CGM), M6 = Tremec T56 (Manual Six Speed Tranny) Read Corvette (C5/C6), '03\'04 Cobra, Maybe '06 CTS-V Manual Tranny , not sure what is mated to the LS2, '06 CTS-V, it is probably a Tremec T56 Tranny too.
Old 02-14-2006, 02:43 PM
Teching In

Car Color = Cyclone Grey Metallic (CGM), M6 = Tremec T56 (Manual Six Speed Tranny) Read Corvette (C5/C6), '03\'04 Cobra, Maybe '06 CTS-V Manual Tranny , not sure what is mated to the LS2, '06 CTS-V, it is probably a Tremec T56 Tranny too.
T-56 is also in Vipers,Aston Martins. 04 GTO's with the Tremec picked up the Z0-6 gear ratios as well.
Old 02-14-2006, 03:48 PM
TECH Apprentice

Drivers race. Both same HP. V weighs more but has a 3.73 to a 3.42. V has better wider tires. Fairly even if you ask me. I wish I could have one.....a house was just a better investment for me.

Quick Reply: CTS-V vs 06' GTO?