Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

best Exhaust and intake setup?

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2008, 02:50 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default best Exhaust and intake setup?

I just purchased my v and im very eager to start with performance parts but theres so many setups and so many reviews. whats the best performance and sounding exhaust and intake setup? what company should i stay away from?
Old 01-21-2008, 06:33 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the K&N intake (not just filter) and I have Borla exhaust. I love the sound and look of the Borla. The parts were installed before I owned the car so I can't give you the butt dyno numbers.

Last edited by jerrad; 03-15-2008 at 03:38 PM.
Old 01-21-2008, 06:35 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Intake/Exhaust Choices

Your questions are more of a personal preference nature for most of us.

Some prefer a more quiet cruise (Corsa. which is approved by GM but is much cheaper elsewhere) while others prefer a more muscle-car type sound (Magnaflow). These are probably the top two, although there are also exhaust products from other manufacturers in the fray.

K&N and Volant make complete CAI systems. Lingenfelter (LPE) makes an air box with a very large filter but no intake tube (uses the stock tube).

Personally, I use an LPE air box (w/stock tube) and Corsa exhaust.

I'm looking at changing the intake tube out for one of the aftermarket plastic units because of the flexibility of the stock tube under the heavier demands of larger cubes.