Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Dvd Unlock

Old 06-23-2008, 01:26 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dvd Unlock

anyone no how to unlock my dvd player on my 05 cts v so i cant watch it while im driving on long trips? heard somethgin about a 1791 code but where do i enter that to unlock it?

thanks in advance
Old 06-23-2008, 01:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

a guy here at my work knows how if I talk to him before someone else posts, i'll tell you.
Old 06-23-2008, 01:46 PM
Teching In

Check out CadillacFAQ.com I know they have the DVD unlock there. You will be able to watch DVD's while you drive, but you lose control over the DVD functions while you are driving. For example: you cant fast-forward, or skip track while you are driving
Old 06-23-2008, 01:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by CTS-Veo
Check out CadillacFAQ.com I know they have the DVD unlock there. You will be able to watch DVD's while you drive, but you lose control over the DVD functions while you are driving. For example: you cant fast-forward, or skip track while you are driving
Does the screen actually have decent graphics?
Old 06-23-2008, 02:13 PM
Teching In

I thought they were pretty good. I'm sure some of the expensive aftermarket units have better graphics, but I was happy with them.
Old 06-23-2008, 05:58 PM
Staging Lane

so yea i was one of those guys who paid 6.50 for this info ha ha so ill give it for free lol they are right that you lose all control of the dvd functions but you can watch a movie while you are driving... it looks pretty good and that bose stereo sounds amazing with dvd sound... ok so what you do is get the movie started so that it is playing the movie because if the menu screen comes on while you are moving you cant start the movie.. you press the fith button down on the right and the right seek button at the same time and when you start to go the movie will still play...
Old 06-23-2008, 06:42 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by calimanv
so yea i was one of those guys who paid 6.50 for this info ha ha so ill give it for free lol they are right that you lose all control of the dvd functions but you can watch a movie while you are driving... it looks pretty good and that bose stereo sounds amazing with dvd sound... ok so what you do is get the movie started so that it is playing the movie because if the menu screen comes on while you are moving you cant start the movie.. you press the fith button down on the right and the right seek button at the same time and when you start to go the movie will still play...

u da man! iou 6.49 due to use info. lol thanx
im goin to RI. Next week...so while im gettin roadhed and watchin "gone in 60 secs" i'll be muttering ur name. sexxii ha!
Old 06-23-2008, 08:29 PM
TECH Addict

Here are the steps to be driving, riding, and watching (Be safe, if you are diving, do not watch screen!!)
Must put on the Parking brake.
Step 1 Put in DVD.
Step 2 Play DVD (Do not leave it at the front menu, if you do not start the DVD you will not be able to start it after you begin to drive.)
Step 3 While playing - Hit the second from the bottom buttons on the right hand side of the DVD screen and then press the forward Seek Button. (You will see a little flicker)
NOTE: If you see a differnt screen with the words "cold reboot" on it, press the same button combination AGAIN and it should go back to the DVD...

Step 4 Now disable the parking break and make sure that the DVD stays on.
Step 5 Enjoy

If you did everything correct you will notice that all the features are disabled. If you are at the main menu of the dvd you will not be able to select play movie or any features.

If you would like to stop the dvd, you must hit the top right button first. Then it will bring up the safety lock if you are in motion or parking break off.

Other notes:
I got DVD-R to play fine in mine, but the +R are having some problems.
Old 06-23-2008, 09:08 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by DoesSpeedTurnUon
Does the screen actually have decent graphics?
you shouldn't be watching it :wall: i was only playing low grade burns, and it was decent. i haven't played Gladiator or a Blackhawk Down type movie yet.
Old 06-24-2008, 01:24 AM
Staging Lane

transformers and gone in 60 seconds rocks on it lol
Old 06-24-2008, 08:31 AM
Teching In

Latina *** Queens 4 looks pretty good in there too for what it's worth.... I left it in the DVD slot hoping I would remember to play it in the event that I got pulled over.
Old 06-24-2008, 12:19 PM
Banned

Latina *** Queens 4 looks pretty good in there too for what it's worth.... I left it in the DVD slot hoping I would remember to play it in the event that I got pulled over.

Latina *** Queens 4 lmfao!
Old 06-24-2008, 01:37 PM
On The Tree

I'm going to try this when I get my car back tomorrow from the dealership.
Old 06-24-2008, 01:58 PM
TECH Regular

thanks guys kinda a bummer you cant make it fully functional while driving and can keep it like that.... wonder if theres a way that i cna keep it functional while im driving as it is while im sitting......

trying to get a cts-v forum started over at ls1.com if you guys could pop in and get a few threads goin id appreciate that.... not trying to steal people form here jsut trying to get some movement through there since the mods are giving it a 1 month trial.....

just talked to the dealer my 05 cts-v with 11300 miles is receiving a new transmission! w t f!!
Old 06-24-2008, 02:07 PM
Teching In

It makes sense... If your gonna drive and watch a movie thats one thing. But when you get into more than that it can be a bit of a road hazzard...

Atleast the tranny is under warrantee
Old 06-24-2008, 02:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

mine got a new tranny at 20K miles. dont worry the original owner complained of vibration in the shifter to get the new tranny.
Old 06-24-2008, 02:23 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by calimanv

Why did you pay $6.50 for info? CadillacFAQ.com is free.

LOL!!!!
Old 06-24-2008, 06:46 PM
On The Tree

I just picked up my car and brought Transformers with me to try out. Works perfectly. Much thanks for that. It will help when I'm going on those three hour trips to my girlfriends. and those weekend trips with the nephews. And the Bose sounds awesome.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Dvd Unlock