Canadian Members We never leave because we have The Beer Store

Can anyone help me with my tune please?

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2010, 08:05 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Can anyone help me with my tune please?

I know I'm not a v8, but I am hoping one of you guys have had a similar problem at some point, or might know something that can help me out...I can't for the life of me figure out whats going on, so any help is appreciated.

Is there anyone that has tuned there VE table but have maxed the values out? I've been doing ve tuning on my car and I have pretty much maxed my AE tables, and maxed my 100 KPA VE cells and am still 12% short fuel.

My question is what could cause this to happen? The car is cam only and it does not have a nasty cam by any means...the MAF is nowhere near being maxed out either, but I cannot run a maf on my car. I'm thinking there may be a problem somewhere along the line, but I am not sure what could trigger this? A vaccum leak maybe? I can't really see any, but I am thinking of replacing all the vacuum lines on the car as soon as I figure out where they all are...

But this is the thing...the Part throttle and idle values are perfect...it is within 2 % of the commanded value.

I am sure someone must of run into a similar problem before?

Any thoughts/suggestions is appreciated...I'm super stumped at the moment...
Old 03-25-2010, 12:32 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The VE table is not actual VE. It's a reference table the PCM uses for fueling in addition to the MAF, Fuel trims, and PE table.
Thus the values can be over 100%, try using 112%. This is can be done in a V8 tune.
I believe it can also be scaled if you bring down the IFR table by the same percentage.
Old 03-25-2010, 12:55 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by jeff2380
The VE table is not actual VE. It's a reference table the PCM uses for fueling in addition to the MAF, Fuel trims, and PE table.
Thus the values can be over 100%, try using 112%. This is can be done in a V8 tune.
I believe it can also be scaled if you bring down the IFR table by the same percentage.
I'm maxed at 200% for the WOT 100KPA cells above 4800 rpm, and my AE tables are pretty much maxed out...

Here is a copy of the tune.

There has to be something wrong somewhere, Im know where even close to maxing the MAF, so the MAP should not even be close to being maxed out...

SDAE adjustmentsECT.hpt
Old 03-25-2010, 02:29 AM
Staging Lane

Ok your already over 100%...

Thanks for posting the tune, however it's quite different than the V8 stuff which doesn't even have AE.

I was going to say you might get more responses over on HPtuners.com but I see you have already posted there, I'll read that thread...

Sorry I couldn't been more help.
Old 03-25-2010, 10:13 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by jeff2380
Ok your already over 100%...

Thanks for posting the tune, however it's quite different than the V8 stuff which doesn't even have AE.

I was going to say you might get more responses over on HPtuners.com but I see you have already posted there, I'll read that thread...

Sorry I couldn't been more help.
its ok...I got this posted on many forums, and even here in the pcm section...its hard to find help, the v6 guys dont touch VE, they stick to MAF tuning, but I have plans for an ITB setup so I can't run one...

I know you guys have completely different tables, but I was hoping that someone at some point might of maxed out their VE tables and it was do to some sensor or something being bad or something really stupid that I could fix.

I honestly just can't figure out why every other cell will respond to ve, except for those last 5 in the WOT column.

People keep mentioning it could be a bad MAP sensor, (which I have thought about to), but then why would it read perfect at part throttle, and every other situation besides WOT. And vacuum leaks are usually the other way around, make the idle and part throttle act up, but work for WOT...
Old 03-25-2010, 06:18 PM
8 Second Club

What are you using to dial in your VE? Wideband or fuel trims?
Old 03-25-2010, 06:57 PM
Staging Lane

Arun, he does have an AEM wideband in the car. You asked a good question because it raises the point you can't tune WOT with fuel trims.

BTW, we got my car sorted out after a long list of mechanical issues, bad coil, PCV valve and intake gasket leaking and replaced the O2 sensors. With 214k on it, it needed a lot of refreshing. I do appreciate the time you spent talking with Darren, you had some good pointers.

Old 03-25-2010, 09:00 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by eb02z06@ChampionMotors
What are you using to dial in your VE? Wideband or fuel trims?
Im using wideband only...I sometimes forget to hit "reset fuel trims" But I am honestly getting the same numbers when I scan with them reset or not..so you'll see the car making LTFT in the scans sometimes...

here's two scans for you guys...I use the info in table 7 and multiply by % half into my ve table...the AE tables are all maxed except for the baro table, its 85% maxed out...every single cell seems to change when I adjust AE except for those 5 WOT cells from 4800rpm to 6500 rpm...

m10-1.hpl

m20.hpl
Old 03-31-2010, 01:37 AM
TECH Regular

so you guys aren't gunna believe this...I went out tuning tonight and I hit that little tab that says "WOT disable" and put it to "enable"

well...it looks like it was working at the beginning...I went from being 9% short of fuel at WOT, to being 7% then 6%...then it stayed at 6%...I can live with that.

Problem... My part throttle numbers are wayyyyy rich...doesnt matter what I put in the VE table, they will stay at 10-12 afr when light on the throttle...

I thought maybe the whole ve table is now taking data from itself, since this whole thing is based on cylinder fill.

Soooo...I went back and took one of my stock ve tables (or very close to stock) and loaded it into the tune, then I went back over all the VE tables I enriched, and set them all back to factory specs.

logged some more same problem...WOT went to a consistent 10-12% off of the commanded afr, but I was still hitting high 11's in the pulls. Again, didnt matter how much I messed with the VE table, part throttle was wayyyyy too rich...11-12 afr...

this tells me that the "WOT disable" button...is clearly not that simple...anyone want to take a stab as to whats going on?

I got the thread and logs here:

http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showth...636#post210636

Quick Reply: Can anyone help me with my tune please?