Canadian Members We never leave because we have The Beer Store

Ottawa scene?

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2011, 08:55 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ottawa scene?

Hey neighbors, last time I went cruising was the 80s. Does anyone bother these days (not talking street racing) to cruise or park? It used to be Heron Rd, I have also heard talk about Eagleson, guess Carling is too rough to drive and no place to park! Any F-body get togethers? Les>>>
Old 06-04-2011, 04:16 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

On Tues there's one in Kanata on Eagleson in the mall there. On Wed there's a cruise at the Carleton raceway. On Friday there's an impromptu gathering at the Tim Horton's on Merivale and Meadowlands.

I've gone to a few but no real "groupings" of f-bodies exist really. The ones I've met are kinda just in their own bubbles. Very different from the scene in Toronto.
Old 06-05-2011, 06:58 AM
On The Tree

As SladeX said, you're not going to find a real F-Body scene in Ott.
Old 06-06-2011, 11:15 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I'll be stopping in from time to time. In Toronto for most of the summer though.

Everything said above about sums it up.
Old 06-06-2011, 07:57 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by SladeX
On Tues there's one in Kanata on Eagleson in the mall there. On Wed there's a cruise at the Carleton raceway. On Friday there's an impromptu gathering at the Tim Horton's on Merivale and Meadowlands.

I've gone to a few but no real "groupings" of f-bodies exist really. The ones I've met are kinda just in their own bubbles. Very different from the scene in Toronto.
Well, I wasn't expecting much on f-bodies but I have seen a couple around (saw a CETA on the Queensway last week). I was just wondering where everyone goes these days and you reply helps a lot. Thanks, Les.
Old 06-07-2011, 08:44 PM
Teching In

If anyone is going to the above locations they should post here, try to meet up at some of these events. I keep trying to make it to the Tuesday hazeldean show but I just end up being too busy all the time. I'll make it out to the odd m&m Friday night.
Old 06-09-2011, 12:36 PM
Teching In

I would love to go to a meet, just been busy with after work activities, i'm booked Monday/Tue/Thu all the time. it sucks!
Been telling myself to bring the bird to Hazeldean.... *sniff.
But i'm always down to meet any F-bodies anywhere. big or small crowd.
Old 06-12-2011, 10:20 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Blazin40s
If anyone is going to the above locations they should post here, try to meet up at some of these events. I keep trying to make it to the Tuesday hazeldean show but I just end up being too busy all the time. I'll make it out to the odd m&m Friday night.
I agree with Blazin40s, maybe we could coordinate a meet even if its only twice this summer? BTW, how is the 3:90 working out? Les>>>
Old 06-12-2011, 08:31 PM
TECH Addict

I'll try for Hazeldean on Tues, I just put on the 315's this weekend and have been enjoying a bit more traction finally. My stock 245's were worn into the wear indicators, so I've got 1 good summer set, a shot spring/fall set and a shot winter set.
Old 06-12-2011, 11:37 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 2002 T/A
I agree with Blazin40s, maybe we could coordinate a meet even if its only twice this summer? BTW, how is the 3:90 working out? Les>>>
Haven't even got the 3.90s in yet, been to busy working with the race car team I'm on. The team is off to a great start with a 2nd, 4th and 1st place finishes at Cornwall and a heat race win and 3rd place finish at Mohawk speedway in Hogdensburg NY. The car is the #4 sportsman driven by Jeff Phillips if anyone follows the Mr. DirtCar series and our win at Cornwall was part of that racing tour. It was pretty cool beating the big names in the series on their Cornwall stop.

And along with gears I'm starting to gather a little mountain of parts to be installed when I get some free time on the hoist.
Old 06-13-2011, 04:44 PM
Launching!

Sounds like fun! I still have not got mine back from paint yet!! Looking forward to getting some pavement under it!!! Les.
Old 06-13-2011, 05:05 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 2002 T/A
Well, I wasn't expecting much on f-bodies but I have seen a couple around (saw a CETA on the Queensway last week). I was just wondering where everyone goes these days and you reply helps a lot. Thanks, Les.
The CETA could have been me, I was up there around that time.

Any one ever go to Rideau Carlton on Wednesday nights? A friend of mine and I have been talking about taking a run up some time.
Old 06-13-2011, 05:11 PM
TECH Addict

I've been there a few times this year. Lots of cars, but no real fbody scene.

Quick Reply: Ottawa scene?