Canadian Members We never leave because we have The Beer Store

2000 ss Whats it worth

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2012, 02:14 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Smile 2000 ss Whats it worth

Hi Guys, I am getting ready to sell my 2000 Camaro SS, hardtop and was wondering what I should list it for?

Run down on the vehicle:
2000 SS Hardtop. NBM, 101Km
6 Speed
Leather
Modifications (have all stock parts)
17 Fikse FM5s
Street Eliminator heads and cam
Fast 92 intake, with NW TB
Stainless longtube headers, into a Qtec with Center Mount Exhaust
Hotchkis springs, and strut brace.
BMR lca, pb, relocation brackets
B&M Ripper Shifter, skipshift
LS1 Lid
LS7 clutch awaiting install
(new in box SS grill, new 3rd brake light)
Makes 400 rwhp and similar tq tuned by Arun

Any help would be appreciated.
Old 04-04-2012, 02:26 PM
Banned

Any scratches or dents to the body? More pictures would be helpful. What kind of tires? What's the tread life left on the tires?

Honestly, the price for the 4th generations, even the SS models has fallen a lot in the last few years. Partially because gas prices are high and won't go down, partially because the new Camaro is out, and most people think it looks tons better than the old one ( I agree with them ).

With all those mods on it, sold to the right buyer I would guess you'd get $12,000 tops. But that's a hard sell and a tough buyer to locate. With those mods on to the general public, I'd guess $8,000-$9,000. It'll be tough finding a buyer if you keep those mods on it, most people don't wanna buy a car that they suspsect has been abused.
Old 04-04-2012, 02:31 PM
TECH Apprentice

Body is solid with no dents or scratches. Tires are BFG KDWs, about 50% left on it. Canadian pricing is usually a little higher than in the US. I would have to take some pictures. Never winter driven. I can always demod the car with the exception of the cam and heads. I appreciate the feedback.
Old 04-04-2012, 03:31 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Pesticide
Body is solid with no dents or scratches. Tires are BFG KDWs, about 50% left on it. Canadian pricing is usually a little higher than in the US. I would have to take some pictures. Never winter driven. I can always demod the car with the exception of the cam and heads. I appreciate the feedback.
Just curious on why Canadian pricing is higher.

The quotes I gave were in American dollars, true. I'm not really familiar with what cars sell for in different countries.
Old 04-04-2012, 03:36 PM
TECH Apprentice

Essentially its supply and demand. New car prices are higher in Canada, we get screwed compared to the US. Savy buyers will likey go to the US to pick a used toy car like a Camaro or Vette while some still choose to buy local. Canada being 1/10 of the US has 1/10 the selection of Camaros and even less due the climate. If you were to go on autotrader in the US you would find a boatload of Camaros and Vettes, Canada not so much.
Old 04-04-2012, 03:40 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Pesticide
Essentially its supply and demand. New car prices are higher in Canada, we get screwed compared to the US. Savy buyers will likey go to the US to pick a used toy car like a Camaro or Vette while some still choose to buy local. Canada being 1/10 of the US has 1/10 the selection of Camaros and even less due the climate. If you were to go on autotrader in the US you would find a boatload of Camaros and Vettes, Canada not so much.
That makes sense.

My Camaro is my DD, unfortunately. Have to drive it all the time, even in the winter. Luckily here in the south she never sees snow nor salt. Good luck in your sell, should post some more exterior and interior pictures of it.

Quick Reply: 2000 ss Whats it worth