Canadian Members We never leave because we have The Beer Store

Where do you buy speed parts from?

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2014, 08:07 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Where do you buy speed parts from?

Hey guys, I'm looking to buy a bunch of stuff for my car, little stuff like tick speed bleeder, tranny mount, TA mount, pilot bushing, control arms. Have you guys bought from a us supplier like speed inc? How much would total shipping be on like a speed bleeder? It says about 21 bucks us for standard Canadian shipping. I'm not sure what that price includes. Then I get 60 bucks shipping quotes on other us parts sites.
Old 04-23-2014, 10:59 PM
Launching!

where you located? If I buy some stuff, I usually see what's on flee bay and most of the shipping prices acurate. Some sellers won't ship to Canada because unless insurance is taken out and it gets lost, the seller is out of pocket on it. I have a U.S address that I sometimes use because some sellers ofer free shipping in the states.
Old 04-24-2014, 07:08 AM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Because I live five mins to the border, I buy and ship the majority of my stuff to my NY state address and go pick it up. Its so much cheaper to ship there then over here, especially when a lot of places ship to the lower 48 states free. I find this especially true for tires, we get rheemed on tire prices in Canada and I go thu rear tires very quickly. LOL, never making it to a rotation point. I save hundreds on tires going this way.
Old 04-24-2014, 09:56 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by WS6wanted
Hey guys, I'm looking to buy a bunch of stuff for my car, little stuff like tick speed bleeder, tranny mount, TA mount, pilot bushing, control arms. Have you guys bought from a us supplier like speed inc? How much would total shipping be on like a speed bleeder? It says about 21 bucks us for standard Canadian shipping. I'm not sure what that price includes. Then I get 60 bucks shipping quotes on other us parts sites.
I have upper control arms from PA racing if you want them? got less than 1000km on them

As a few have mentioned- US Address - http://www.usaddressinc.com/

Register with them and ship your packages there- it's $5 per package and most of the time shipping in the USA is free.

Border charges tax (not duty) on car parts, so you will pay 13% on whatever you bring back...sometimes you get a cool border guy/girl though and they just let you pass. I've run into two of them that also have F-bodies and we shot the sh*t for a few minutes and they waved me right passed.
Old 04-24-2014, 11:34 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by LETZRIDE
I have upper control arms from PA racing if you want them? got less than 1000km on them

As a few have mentioned- US Address - http://www.usaddressinc.com/

Register with them and ship your packages there- it's $5 per package and most of the time shipping in the USA is free.

Border charges tax (not duty) on car parts, so you will pay 13% on whatever you bring back...sometimes you get a cool border guy/girl though and they just let you pass. I've run into two of them that also have F-bodies and we shot the sh*t for a few minutes and they waved me right passed.
Thanks for all the good info from everyone. I was looking for rear lower control arms and that is one of the last mods I will buy. I should just order all my stuff and make a run. Probably the best way. Thanks for the tips boys
Old 04-24-2014, 10:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

For smaller items like speed bleeder only have them shipped by US post. If the seller won't do that find one that will. For larger parts but not requiring a fork lift I have it shipped to the Fedex depot. They do not charge a pickup fee but the item only can be shipped by Fedex. The one that I deal with in Lewiston is open 24 hours a day.
With motors and rear ends I let the seller find the best place to truck freight to in the Buffalo area.
Old 04-25-2014, 01:12 PM
Launching!

With usaddressinc, can you ship more than one item to the address or is it 5 dollars per single item I buy from the states?
Old 04-25-2014, 09:55 PM
TECH Regular

With usaddressinc, can you ship more than one item to the address or is it 5 dollars per single item I buy from the states?
$5 per package- so if all your items are in one box and it is under 50lbs than it is just $5

if the package is over 50lbs it's $5 per 50 lbs, and you get a week of storage before they charge you that same fee again
Old 04-26-2014, 09:21 AM
On The Tree

$5 per package- so if all your items are in one box and it is under 50lbs than it is just $5

if the package is over 50lbs it's $5 per 50 lbs, and you get a week of storage before they charge you that same fee again
Look up Kinek.com That's who I went thru, sign up is free, and you pick the participating retailer nearest you. They ding you the $5 per package, no weight limit (As far as I know per $5) and you have 30 days to pick it up (Which I know is not true for the business I deal with, as I picked up one I forgot all about from last June, during my last pick up.

They also informed me, that when I order tires, ask the shipper to tape all of them together so its just one package, therefore $5 instead of $20 for all four.
Old 04-26-2014, 09:28 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Stringfellow
Look up Kinek.com That's who I went thru, sign up is free, and you pick the participating retailer nearest you. They ding you the $5 per package, no weight limit (As far as I know per $5) and you have 30 days to pick it up (Which I know is not true for the business I deal with, as I picked up one I forgot all about from last June, during my last pick up.

They also informed me, that when I order tires, ask the shipper to tape all of them together so its just one package, therefore $5 instead of $20 for all four.
Interesting- I'll look into those guys to!
Old 04-26-2014, 12:39 PM
Launching!

I've bought a number of things from FastToys in Winnipeg in the past. Always good service.

http://fasttoys.net/ca/home.php
Old 05-18-2014, 05:40 AM
Launching!

I just picked up all my parts from usaddressinc, pretty awesome service. I got dinged 10 extra bucks because I forgot to tell the retailers to tape the tires togethers and bmr sent 2 packages for the LCAs and brackets. I still made out like a bandit for all the stuff I got.

Msd wires, NGk iridium plugs, gm slave, hurst shift ball, speed bleeder, bmr lca's with rubber bushings, relocation brackets, 2 bfgoodrich sport comp 2 tires, a tranny jack, pilot bearing, porter cable polisher, TA poly bushing, gm trans mount kandn filter and new pressure plate bolts. I can't wait to get started on this project, I'm pretty stoked.

One thing I had to do was to hit the Niagara university library to print off my receipts, I forgot to print them from home and they were not attached to the packages when I picked them up. Thanks for the usaddressinc tip, really smooth operation.
Old 05-19-2014, 01:17 AM
TECH Regular

I just picked up all my parts from usaddressinc, pretty awesome service. I got dinged 10 extra bucks because I forgot to tell the retailers to tape the tires togethers and bmr sent 2 packages for the LCAs and brackets. I still made out like a bandit for all the stuff I got.

Msd wires, NGk iridium plugs, gm slave, hurst shift ball, speed bleeder, bmr lca's with rubber bushings, relocation brackets, 2 bfgoodrich sport comp 2 tires, a tranny jack, pilot bearing, porter cable polisher, TA poly bushing, gm trans mount kandn filter and new pressure plate bolts. I can't wait to get started on this project, I'm pretty stoked.

One thing I had to do was to hit the Niagara university library to print off my receipts, I forgot to print them from home and they were not attached to the packages when I picked them up. Thanks for the usaddressinc tip, really smooth operation.
I've literally showed the border security guys the receipts on my cell phone before... they're fine with it
Old 05-19-2014, 08:47 AM
Launching!

I've also used 2Kool Performance in Prescott. http://2koolperformance.ca/

They can get a wide range of performance stuff for cars, bikes, trucks, water sports, etc. They also have a great selection of supercharger and turbo kits they can get.

I bought my Nitto NT05R's from them and their price was about $80 a tire cheaper than the Nitto dealer in Ottawa.

If you are in Eastern Ontario / Western Quebec this is a good option.
Old 08-14-2014, 09:52 AM
Teching In

If you know the part numbers for what your looking for I can get you a price.
Old 09-01-2014, 07:30 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Stormed_Norm
where you located? If I buy some stuff, I usually see what's on flee bay and most of the shipping prices acurate. Some sellers won't ship to Canada because unless insurance is taken out and it gets lost, the seller is out of pocket on it. I have a U.S address that I sometimes use because some sellers ofer free shipping in the states.
Have you ever used mikes hardware in pembina? Thats where I get all my stuff sent to. They charge $5 per package. Which I don't mind paying considering summit usually is free shipping over $99 .Then the wife and her girlfriends go shopping for the day in grand forks and pick up my parcels about 3 days after I have placed my orders.
Old 05-10-2015, 10:17 AM
Staging Lane

Interesting- I'll look into those guys to!
I use kinek too. They are good to deal with

Quick Reply: Where do you buy speed parts from?