Canadian Members We never leave because we have The Beer Store

Need a tune - LS1 - DIY or local shop?

Old 10-01-2015, 11:59 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 1FAST07SS
Just curious, have you ever had Kevin from Champion do any tuning on your TA? Wondering why you got so much hate towards Champion.
Nope have nvr had kevin do any tuning on my car what so ever the only person who touches my car is Arun. I don't like champion for many reasons, even there so call records they say they have and make up. The only guy I like from there is fern I haven't seen him in a few years but always liked that guy. Arun has been tuning my car from the canadian performance days. I do all my own work and nvr have or will belong to a shop but I will always be loyal to Arun as he has been with me very stand up and knowledgable friend of mine.
Old 10-02-2015, 02:36 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by VIPERSLYR
Nope have nvr had kevin do any tuning on my car what so ever the only person who touches my car is Arun. I don't like champion for many reasons, even there so call records they say they have and make up. The only guy I like from there is fern I haven't seen him in a few years but always liked that guy. Arun has been tuning my car from the canadian performance days. I do all my own work and nvr have or will belong to a shop but I will always be loyal to Arun as he has been with me very stand up and knowledgable friend of mine.
That's understandable and I respect that. I had major drivability problems with my tune that Arun did. Stalling, surging, start up, you name it. It was back several times and never got better, honestly got worse. Now if Manny didn't tell Arun of my issues when my truck was there then shame on Manny. I had Kevin work on my tune for about 4hrs and he got it dialed in perfectly, no drivability issues at all now. My buddy Frank's brand new 427 tbss motor blew with 60km on it when he got it tuned by Arun as well. Manny did replace the motor but his ss never ran right either. He actually sent the tune off to California to a guy by the name of Joe who owns LeftCoast32 and he said do not go wot your tune is a mess. Your a car guy I'm sure you know it's easy to tune wot cars to go down the strip, but dialing them in for drivability takes a lot more time. By no means do I have anything against Arun but I was very unhappy with the way my truck ran and so was my buddy Frank that spent 26k at Dasilva's. That's why I decided to get it tuned somewhere else. Might see you at the track sometime.
Old 10-02-2015, 06:57 PM
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by 1FAST07SS
That's understandable and I respect that. I had major drivability problems with my tune that Arun did. Stalling, surging, start up, you name it. It was back several times and never got better, honestly got worse. Now if Manny didn't tell Arun of my issues when my truck was there then shame on Manny. I had Kevin work on my tune for about 4hrs and he got it dialed in perfectly, no drivability issues at all now. My buddy Frank's brand new 427 tbss motor blew with 60km on it when he got it tuned by Arun as well. Manny did replace the motor but his ss never ran right either. He actually sent the tune off to California to a guy by the name of Joe who owns LeftCoast32 and he said do not go wot your tune is a mess. Your a car guy I'm sure you know it's easy to tune wot cars to go down the strip, but dialing them in for drivability takes a lot more time. By no means do I have anything against Arun but I was very unhappy with the way my truck ran and so was my buddy Frank that spent 26k at Dasilva's. That's why I decided to get it tuned somewhere else. Might see you at the track sometime.
I wish I never went to tune for Dasilva in the first place. It was a very "convenient gig" for me-but honestly-am I glad I'm gone.

I feel bad for your trucks issues and Franks-but there are just things that are way out of my control.

Vehicles sit for months then last minute your told to tune while the customer is waiting. If there's issues-who cares-get it outta here.

I'm just glad to be outta there-I won't get into anything here but man people just need to stay away and just be very leery-knowledge-zero-salesman unbelievable.

I tune everything on the street-I mean that's where you drive it-I spend more time there than on the dyno. By the time the car hits the dyno-I only need a few pulls and I'm done.

Since I'm back doing my own thing-I'm going to make sure things are done my way.
Old 10-02-2015, 08:02 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by eb02z06
I wish I never went to tune for Dasilva in the first place. It was a very "convenient gig" for me-but honestly-am I glad I'm gone.

I feel bad for your trucks issues and Franks-but there are just things that are way out of my control.

Vehicles sit for months then last minute your told to tune while the customer is waiting. If there's issues-who cares-get it outta here.

I'm just glad to be outta there-I won't get into anything here but man people just need to stay away and just be very leery-knowledge-zero-salesman unbelievable.

I tune everything on the street-I mean that's where you drive it-I spend more time there than on the dyno. By the time the car hits the dyno-I only need a few pulls and I'm done.

Since I'm back doing my own thing-I'm going to make sure things are done my way.
You know Arun I believe you, and I'm sure Manny didn't even get you to look at my tune issues I was having when it was there. The last time I was there he quoted me $4500 to rering and re&re the motor! No leak down or compression test done, just said my rings were gone. He replaced my valve springs, valve seals and updated valve cover that has the new baffle in it, cause I was burning a bit of oil and want to go with a bigger cam next summer. I asked him if you could look at my start up parameters because it was fast idling for 30secs on every start up and stalling. And this is the text I got back from him and I quote "He played with and it seems that its not changing much . I really think its the same issue I had with my engine . The rings were causing the same crap for me on my car." After my last visit there red flags were going off, thats why I went to another shop and glad I did follow my gut. I'm glad some of the truths are starting to come out about Dasilva's because people need to be informed when spending good money. Glad to hear your doing things your way now, and hopefully things work out for you.
Old 10-03-2015, 07:26 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by eb02z06

I'm glad to hear your done with dasilva, you were the only part I liked from them. Only been there once, but didn't like the way he was talking with me and his final price was pulled out of the air.
Old 10-12-2015, 06:34 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

For me Arun spent more time street tuning my car then any other tuner that has touched it.
Old 01-20-2017, 11:34 PM
Teching In

can arun tune LT1?
Old 03-07-2017, 02:17 AM
Teching In

Has anyone tune at Maximum Performance?
Old 03-15-2017, 09:32 AM
On The Tree

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

How do you get a hold of this Arun guy ?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Need a tune - LS1 - DIY or local shop?