Canadian Members We never leave because we have The Beer Store

Need a tune - LS1 - DIY or local shop?

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2015, 01:12 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need a tune - LS1 - DIY or local shop?

I installed long tube headers which forced me to delete the AIR/EGR systems and remove the rear o2 sensors. The car now runs like crap (super rich) and I really need a tune. Ill also be replacing the intake manifold with an LS6 and installing an SLP lid.

Am I better off buying an HP Tuners Pro and learning tuning myself, or is there a decent local shop that can whip together a quick tune without breaking the bank?

Thanks
Old 04-17-2015, 05:13 PM
Staging Lane

You won't see the real gains from the long tubes without a tune anyway.

Time to call Champion.
Old 04-19-2015, 09:30 PM
Launching!

Depends if your going to do any more mods to your vehicle. If you are then your wasting money going to a shop and then going again. Tunes are usually $400 and up. If you bought a Hp tuners and when your done with it you can always sell it and get most of your money back from it.
Old 04-19-2015, 10:11 PM
8 Second Club

I do header tunes for $250.
Old 04-20-2015, 09:15 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would get in contact with Arun he will hook you up, best tuner out there !!!!
Old 04-20-2015, 09:17 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Meemperor
You won't see the real gains from the long tubes without a tune anyway.

Time to call Champion.
Lol Champion lol
Old 04-20-2015, 01:59 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by VIPERSLYR
I would get in contact with Arun he will hook you up, best tuner out there !!!!
What is Arun's contact info here please?

Also should I stay away from Champion?

I was hoping to learn how to do my own tuning, but it looks like it could be a very dangerous/costly mistake. I am an electrical engineer by trade so I figured learning the parameters and start out with making small changes might still be realistic for me.
Old 04-20-2015, 03:02 PM
Launching!

Pm sent
Old 04-23-2015, 06:24 AM
TECH Fanatic

another recommendation for Arun.
Old 05-09-2015, 07:26 PM
Launching!

Arun tuned my Trans Am, I was in the same boat as you last summer. Long tubes, custom y and air and egr delete. Arun did a awesome job. I brought my car to a non sponser shop and he was the tuner, it costed me quite a bit though, $625 with a wideband sensor. If you can deal directly with him, that would be the best.
Old 05-27-2015, 06:54 PM

Originally Posted by paradigmGT
I installed long tube headers which forced me to delete the AIR/EGR systems and remove the rear o2 sensors. The car now runs like crap (super rich) and I really need a tune. Ill also be replacing the intake manifold with an LS6 and installing an SLP lid.

Am I better off buying an HP Tuners Pro and learning tuning myself, or is there a decent local shop that can whip together a quick tune without breaking the bank?

Thanks
Im new to the LS world but I would do my research before picking a tuner, look them up first. Here is what Arun posted on his own Facebook page. This shows real character, i would never want this guy to touch my car even with a ten foot pole.
Attached Thumbnails Need a tune - LS1 - DIY or local shop?-arun..jpg  
Old 05-27-2015, 07:16 PM
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by LSGUY2015
Im new to the LS world but I would do my research before picking a tuner, look them up first. Here is what Arun posted on his own Facebook page. This shows real character, i would never want this guy to touch my car even with a ten foot pole.
LSGUY2015-sounds like your just a troll with only 1 post. Regardless maybe you should do some research on Paul Ferucci. There are Facebook pages dedicated to him-to warn other to avoid him. Maybe you should of posted the 80 some odd replies from people all over the US praising my post and warning others of his BS. No wonder he is banned from most shops in the NY, Conneticut area-99% of the vendors on the CF forum do not want to deal with.

Then again-your probably a troll with nothing better to do then stir up crap.
Old 05-27-2015, 07:31 PM

I apologize if you are correct, I will do my research on Paul Ferucci but it doesn't change the fact that you posted that publicly and doesn't look to good on you for potential new customers.
Old 05-28-2015, 09:20 AM
TECH Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Arun is one of the nicest guys I've ever known. I've known him for 8 years now. He's incredibly talented, generous and patient. He communicates effectively and works hard to make sure everything is right before a car leaves. I too am a tuner and can tell you he's not too proud to reach out to others to make sure the tune is the best it can be.
As a vendor on another site I've dealt with Paul. Sadly, he's one of those one in 10 thousand customers that does things to you that make you act outside your usual boundaries. He is by far the worst person I've ever had the displeasure of dealing with and one that thinks the rest of the world is wrong and he is right in EVERY situation. He is the customer that gets your personal cell# and wears you out day and night with no regard for anyone but himself. I genuinely believe he needs meds and if he's on them, needs his dosage adjusted drastically.
Old 05-28-2015, 09:51 AM
Staging Lane

Arun is a stand up guy and damn good tuner. I have known Arun for several years now and you would be hard pressed to find someone better in Canada to take care of your car and still be supportive after the "sale". I have worked with Arun over the years on a couple small projects (cams and cylinder heads mainly, other small parts) and I have never been disappointed with his customer service and at this point am proud to call him a friend. That situation with Paul is a donkey show to say the least, no one would want that guys business or the problems that come along with it.

Do not hesitate for a second to have Arun tune your car and don't listen to the trolls that are trying to tell you otherwise!
Old 05-28-2015, 10:06 AM
Launching!

You guys nailed it Arun is an a outstanding tuner and a good friend of mine as well. Arun has been tuning my car for along time and has helped me build my car to were it is today his knowledge is second to none. A no bullshit kinda guy so pumped he's getting back into the game gona be awesome
Old 05-28-2015, 11:20 AM
Teching In

Here's another Vote For Arun. To put it simply, Arun is one of the most honest and caring guys you could ever do business with. His tuning abilities are among the top not just in Canada but in the United States too. He actually wins races too!! he was running 8s in a full street trim corvette when most fitting that category would only dream about it. He also appreciates when U.S. Based customers put the maximum amount of insurance possible on items they ship him.

Also, the Paul Ferrucci post on Facebook was completely warranted. If you knew the guy you would understand.

Edit: why does the guy in this thread who's trying to defile Arun's good character seem familiar?

Is it Paul Ferrucci or Rob?

That's my guess.
Old 09-21-2015, 06:53 AM
On The Tree

Just wanted to update this thread.
Had my car tuned by Arun and I am very happy. Needed some adjustments and he didn't hesitate at all to see me again. Cool guy, definitely will do business in future with him.

My 99 Camaro SS 6-speed, speed-engineering 1-7/8" long tubes + catless Y + SLP/dynomax catback + air lid + LS6 intake manifold + street tune by Arun made 353rwhp / 355rwtq on one of the hottest and most humid days this summer.
Old 09-28-2015, 05:00 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by VIPERSLYR
Lol Champion lol
Just curious, have you ever had Kevin from Champion do any tuning on your TA? Wondering why you got so much hate towards Champion.
Old 09-30-2015, 04:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

Another vote Arun. Just mirror the other comments

Quick Reply: Need a tune - LS1 - DIY or local shop?