Canadian Members We never leave because we have The Beer Store

Speedometer Caliberation

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2019, 07:05 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Speedometer Caliberation

I have a 2000 Trans AM WS6 automatic. My speedometer is off by 18 KPH at the GPS reading on my Iphone of 100KPH. The tires are the sie that are on the drivers door and the speedometer is smooth, just reading wrong. I'm thinking its not the VSS or the Tires so all is left to blame this on is the Crown and Pinion gear ratio. I only purchased the vehicle last month but can't find out what if anything was done to it....Can't get anyone around her where I live near ST.John's Newfoundland to do a proper caliberation...The dealer (Terra Nova Motors) don't have a clue how to do it and don't even have a tool to do it with....(Idiots) Anyway I was thinking of purchasing from Amazon a scanner called Hypertech 732500. Just wondering if anyone has used this before and if it will work....????
Old 08-21-2019, 07:59 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Kevin's Trans AM
I have a 2000 Trans AM WS6 automatic. My speedometer is off by 18 KPH at the GPS reading on my Iphone of 100KPH. The tires are the sie that are on the drivers door and the speedometer is smooth, just reading wrong. I'm thinking its not the VSS or the Tires so all is left to blame this on is the Crown and Pinion gear ratio. I only purchased the vehicle last month but can't find out what if anything was done to it....Can't get anyone around her where I live near ST.John's Newfoundland to do a proper caliberation...The dealer (Terra Nova Motors) don't have a clue how to do it and don't even have a tool to do it with....(Idiots) Anyway I was thinking of purchasing from Amazon a scanner called Hypertech 732500. Just wondering if anyone has used this before and if it will work....????
U need hptuners to correct it
Old 09-10-2020, 10:31 PM
On The Tree

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

HP Tuners to dial in the radius of your tires will fix that quick.
Old 09-11-2020, 06:24 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 380 Likes on 252 Posts

Yep HP Tuners has the Gear/Tire wizard under the "edit" tab. Just input the gear ratio & tire diameter and it scales the parameters throughout the tune.

Quick Reply: Speedometer Caliberation