Canadian Members We never leave because we have The Beer Store

Thanks to ARE (Autoworx)

Old 10-23-2005, 03:29 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thanks to ARE (Autoworx)

As some may have heard my motor spun a bearing after the Corvette autox on 9 October.

I looked at a few other street cars, Players cars, FFR Cobra build, etc. For the near term I decided to keep the car and refresh the motor as stock.

I was booked for yesterdays TRAC lapping day at the Mosport track and was motivated to not miss out on it. After careful consideration of my options I decided to have ARE rebuid the motor. The car was towed to their shop at 200pm 14 October. They had commited to me that I would have the car back NLT Friday to not miss Mosport.

Dropping the motor began last Monday and we were running the motor in on the dyno Friday afternoon. Some more driving Friday night and off tothe track Saturday morning at 6am.

It runs very smooth, pulled decent power for a stock motor. It was very hard to not go the extra for some more power but it was a hard enough hit for the wife as it was. Time will tell if I do this later with this car or go to a track only car or a FFR Cobra with my kid.

Great day at Mosport with my buddy and Elie and George. Dispite the cold morning, rainy afternoon and some yahoos passing under yellows and red, all went welland the motor ran great.

Thanks go to Matt, Pete and the ARE team for coming through for me this week. It was a long 5 days but you did it.

Doug
Old 10-23-2005, 09:41 PM
10 Second Club

Another satisfied ARE customer.

Have you done anything in the way of preventing oil starvation for the future? I know you and Andrew both had oiling issues, when pushing the LT1 into heavy G territory.
Old 10-28-2005, 11:50 PM
TECH Enthusiast

for once a commitment that was held... glad to hear you didn't get the shaft, Doug.
Old 10-30-2005, 08:52 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by C Man

Have you done anything in the way of preventing oil starvation for the future? I know you and Andrew both had oiling issues, when pushing the LT1 into heavy G territory.
Nothing done now as I am not sure what I want to be doing yet. Options are an aftermarket pan or an accumulator.
Old 11-01-2005, 10:54 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by C Man
Yup, and it looks like the track will be full of them again this weekend.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Thanks to ARE (Autoworx)