Canadian Members We never leave because we have The Beer Store

6speed trade for an Auto?

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2006, 02:07 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 6speed trade for an Auto?

Hey folks - This is posted in the thread below, however, I thought I might give it a seperate thread.

I am considering a trade for my 6speed Trans Am for an Auto.
The car is going up for sale in the Auto Trader today - however, I am open for an equal trade.

I am moving to the city, and I would much rather the ease of an Auto in all the stop and go traffic.

The details of the car are as follows :

1998 Trans Am 83 000kms
Magnaflow Cat Back
SLP Lid
10 Bolt Girdle

The cat back and the 10 bolt Girdle have like 200kms MAYBE on them both. They are in brand new condition.

The car is in GREAT condition, and I rarely ever even drive her. She hasn't seen winter and has been properly stored with oil spray and everything. The car fax says I am the second owner - and the car was leased, then purchased at an Auction from the dealer I bought it from. I have only used synthetic - and all of the fluids have been changed with top notch product.

I really don't want to lose this car - however, I have three vehicles, and I don't have room for them - HOWEVER - if I get an Auto - I may consider using it as a daily driver - thus eliminating my oldsmobile
Old 08-12-2006, 08:26 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Why don't you just convert it to automatic? If you find someone who wants to convert their auto to a 6 speed, you guys can just swap parts and you'll only have to pay for the labor to do it. A lot of guys have done this actually. This way you are still keeping the car you truly want, instead of settling for something else.
Old 08-12-2006, 09:41 AM
TECH Resident

Well, mainly this would be a time saving issue. I am also going to be in a new city, and I like to know my mechs and all that jazz before I lay down significant cash.

We'll see. The car is already in the Auto-trader as well ( next weds it shows up )
Old 08-14-2006, 11:50 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Ghostintheshell
Well, mainly this would be a time saving issue. I am also going to be in a new city, and I like to know my mechs and all that jazz before I lay down significant cash.

We'll see. The car is already in the Auto-trader as well ( next weds it shows up )
I got an 98 auto car you might be interested in, however I imagine we live a ways away. Pictures of it are in a thread below titled Need wheels by Kreeboy. It has 68K miles and leather interior with 3.73's I had it up for 19,500 with the 19's seen in the pic or 17,500 with my stock 10 spoke chrome 2001 wheels with brand new 245/50/16 rubber. The car has a few mods, similar to your car actually. K&N blackwing style air intake, Flowmaster catback, and a after market Alpine amp and speakers with a Eclipse CD player. Then obviously the body kit. It also has a 2001 LS1 motor with 10k on it.Yes that means it has the LS6 intake from factory.

Last edited by Orange_crush; 08-14-2006 at 11:57 PM.
Old 08-15-2006, 10:07 AM
TECH Resident

Hey there. I saw the car earlier, and I do like it - however, I am hoping to stay with a Trans Am if possible.. plus the distance sucks too

Quick Reply: 6speed trade for an Auto?