Canadian Members We never leave because we have The Beer Store

Need some help

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2007, 09:56 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Need some help

hello guys i just move to canada mississauga, last week at 403 and mavis i got stop by a spot check and the damn cop took my radar and he said is illegal in canada, well i know nothing about canada but my car still have the US plate and im gonna take it out for a trial do u guy think that i will have any chance getting my radar back? also is nitrous in the car illegal? or dont matter thanks for help
Old 10-05-2007, 11:19 AM
Staging Lane

Radar dectectors are not legal in Canada and nitrous bottle has to be out of the car and it does not matter what plates are on your car.
Old 10-05-2007, 11:26 AM
Staging Lane

Welcome to Canada.

Radar detectors are illegal in Ontario. Must likely you will not be able to get it back but I wouldn't stop me from asking.

Use of nitrous is also illegal. It's considered transporting a dangerous chemical so must be done in a safe manner. Make sure the bottle is tightly secured and is NOT connected in a matter that it can be activated by driver or any passenger.

On a happier note, our beer is a little stronger!
Old 10-05-2007, 11:35 AM
Staging Lane

One word of caution. don't get caught doing 50kph over the limit.
That's 94mph on a 400 series highway.

http://www.thestar.com/News/GTA/article/262112
Old 10-05-2007, 01:14 PM
Launching!

Actually you can use radar detectors in BC, Alberta and Saskatchewan according to this document http://www.ccmta.ca/ENGLISH/pdf/radar_detectors.PDF
on the Canadian Council of Motor Transport Administrators.

Everything north and east of SK doesn't allow detectors.
Old 10-05-2007, 02:55 PM
TECH Resident

dang this suck gotta learn every over and bottle off
Old 10-05-2007, 02:59 PM
12 Second Club

Yup radar detectors are not illegal in Sask. Nitrous just has to be in a marked nitrous bottle and not open.
Old 10-05-2007, 09:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by jeff2380
Welcome to Canada.

Radar detectors are illegal in Ontario. Must likely you will not be able to get it back but I wouldn't stop me from asking.

Use of nitrous is also illegal. It's considered transporting a dangerous chemical so must be done in a safe manner. Make sure the bottle is tightly secured and is NOT connected in a matter that it can be activated by driver or any passenger.

On a happier note, our beer is a little stronger!
Gonna have to say the beer is pretty much the same strength assuming your talking about mainstream beers vs mainstream beers. They are all around 5%, i checked it out myself when i moved here. Stronger isn't always better either if you actually like the taste of beer .
Old 10-05-2007, 09:52 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well don't wanna get off topic here, but canadian beer beats US hands down both strength and taste. Most beer from the US taste like *** IMO.
Old 10-05-2007, 10:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

Strength has nothing to do with how good a beer tastes. Actually The US makes the strongest beer on earth, but would you want a beer thats 25% alcohol? Sam Adams Utopia. I like keith, sleemans but like i said, those beers are around 5% give or take a couple tenths just like the main american beers. Theres plenty of microbreweries in the US that make awesome beer that isn't mainstream which most real beer drinkers drink.

Theres good beer on both sides of the border, but you have to know where to look.
Old 10-05-2007, 11:15 PM
TECH Addict

Good point, as I have never crossed the border more than a couple hours to 'search' for that great tasting US beer. As long as its cold, I'll drink anything........... well to an extent that is. I do have my favorites and most are nothing close to 'mainstream' either.
Old 10-06-2007, 08:57 AM
TECH Resident

dang now get into beer topic
Old 10-06-2007, 09:28 AM
TECH Fanatic

Websy, but lets be honest, i know i don't turn down beer at anyones house whatever they have to drink. Most Americans don't even like American mainstream beer. Sam adams makes pretty good beer, but most people only know bud,miller, etc. I prefer Sleeman over those brands, but some Canucks tell me, they love budweiser, weird!

Tsench, back on topic, how long were you up here for? I mean if you were only up here for a REAL short period of time, maybe you could argue. Im surprised the trooper took it out on you being a foreigner and such. In Quebec when you enter from the US, at least the main Champlain border, it says no radar detectors allowed.
Old 10-06-2007, 12:21 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by tsench
dang now get into beer topic
Why did you move here? LOL I guess its job related?? Welcome.
Old 10-07-2007, 07:36 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 92SilverSHO
Websy, but lets be honest, i know i don't turn down beer at anyones house whatever they have to drink. Most Americans don't even like American mainstream beer. Sam adams makes pretty good beer, but most people only know bud,miller, etc. I prefer Sleeman over those brands, but some Canucks tell me, they love budweiser, weird!

Tsench, back on topic, how long were you up here for? I mean if you were only up here for a REAL short period of time, maybe you could argue. Im surprised the trooper took it out on you being a foreigner and such. In Quebec when you enter from the US, at least the main Champlain border, it says no radar detectors allowed.
yah i just moved here for a week and im here for working im just gonna work for 6months
Old 10-08-2007, 03:10 AM
TECH Addict

I know a few people myself that love budweiser but I'd rather drink my own ****. Back on topic, I really don't think that you have a chance fighting and winning but you'll never know if you don't try. It won't hurt anyways. I hate all cops, anything to give a guy a ticket. Frickin power trips

Quick Reply: Need some help