Canadian Members We never leave because we have The Beer Store

Complete LS1 Dropout Pricing

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2007, 12:49 PM
AJI

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Complete LS1 Dropout Pricing

I am in the process of attempting to find a good deal on a complete LS1/LS2 dropout with low miles for a swap into an FD RX7. I figured I'd ask on here for opinions on what I should be paying.

What I am currently looking at is:

Complete LS1 5.7L V8 engine with the T56 6-speed trannsmission setup out from a 2004 Pontiac GTO, has original 5k miles.

PCM and factory Engine Wiring Harness

All belt driven accessories such as A/c Compressor, Power Steering Pump, Alternator & Starter.....

Exhaust manifolds

All Sensors on Engine

Complete from fuel injection to oil pan!!

Extra AC lines and dryer....(for all you RX7 guys).

I would be looking to pay $ 5750.00 USD + very reasonable shipping/brokerage/insurance to Canada which has already been worked out.

Am I overpaying? Should I be spending a little bit more to get an LS2 instead?

Thanks guys for any input. Complete noob here.
Old 10-26-2007, 04:03 PM
Teching In

I paid less than that two years ago for a 12k pullout from a 01 Firebird. Since these engines are way more available now, I'd say yes, the price is a little steep. If you're planning on keeping it stock, then it's worth it to pay a little extra for low mileage which was my plan, but that lasted about a year until I decided I wanted more. If you will want more in the future, don't bother buying with low miles because all those low mile parts are just going to end up on a shelf in your garage.
Old 10-26-2007, 11:24 PM
AJI

Honestly I probably will not mind paying a premium to get a low mileage engine, and especially something totally complete that makes doing the swap that much easier. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't getting ripped off, as I have seen some guys getting their engines / tranny combo for around 3k - albeit older, less complete, higher mileage.

Pulling the trigger.
Old 11-05-2007, 11:09 PM
Teching In

http://www.chopshopautowrecking.ca/
Try these guy's out. I got mine from them. They are in Burnaby. IIRC with the 6 speed $4600. Denis is a good guy and he stands behind his engines. Just don't use Sameday couriers.

Quick Reply: Complete LS1 Dropout Pricing