Canadian Members We never leave because we have The Beer Store

Reliable Car for Sale

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2007, 11:22 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Reliable Car for Sale

I am selling my 90 Olds 88 that has 190k on it. It has many new parts such as all new brakes, starter, coil, wires, plugs, battery, alternator and front tires. It has remote starter, keyless entry and a Am/Fm/CD radio. This car is very reliable and starts up on the first try everytime and has the 3.8 litre engine which is the best six banger GM makes. The remote has a distance of 1500 feet and is great on those cold mornings as you set the heat on in the car to hot and full fans and when you come out it's warm. It's a very comfortable car that is equiped with all the toys but the a/c gave up this summer so the a/c pulley has been bypassed. Who said you can't mod a Olds. It comes with a valid e-test that is passed with flying colors and would only need a parking brake cable to pass the safety. Now the Drivers seat has some wear but the rest of the interior is very good. If your really picky, the car needs the fan temperature relay but I have driven the car with no issues as when the defrost is on the fan comes on anyways so it won't over heat. It does have surface rust but no holes and is a tank in the snow with it's front wheel drive. It's a very reliable car for the winter or do like I have and use it all year round so if anyone is interested let me know by PM as I need it gone this week. I'm asking $1500 certified and e-tested.
Old 11-12-2007, 05:21 PM
Launching!

That's been a good car for you, Pomp. Someone's going to get a good deal.
Old 11-17-2007, 01:45 PM
Staging Lane

Sold!!!
Old 11-18-2007, 10:40 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What did you get to replace it Pomp?
Old 11-18-2007, 01:13 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Patman
What did you get to replace it Pomp?
2001 Grand Prix GTP.
Old 11-22-2007, 06:30 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Pomp
2001 Grand Prix GTP.
Have you put a smaller blower pulley on it yet?
Old 11-22-2007, 07:16 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Patman
Have you put a smaller blower pulley on it yet?

Easy Patman, I just got it last week but smaller pulley going on Tuesday and looking at getting a cold air kit for it also.
Old 11-23-2007, 06:06 AM
TECH Senior Member

Easy Patman, I just got it last week but smaller pulley going on Tuesday and looking at getting a cold air kit for it also.
The two best bang for the buck mods right there! With just the 3.4 pulley and a 9" K&N cone air filter, my 97 GTP ran a best ET of 13.78 at 100!
Old 11-23-2007, 11:55 AM
Staging Lane

The good thing is that HPTuners supports this car so there is still more to get out of it tuning wise. You can get a bigger hit with the blower when you tune out the 1 second delay before you get boost. You can also take out the Torque Management and that really wakes the car up!!!
Old 11-24-2007, 07:22 AM
TECH Senior Member

I wish that stuff were available when I had mine!

That car was really a lot of fun to drive, the amount of torque it makes is already awesome in stock form, but with the smaller pulley and better breathing intake, it was just incredible!
Old 11-24-2007, 10:47 AM
10 Second Club

The good thing is that HPTuners supports this car so there is still more to get out of it tuning wise. You can get a bigger hit with the blower when you tune out the 1 second delay before you get boost. You can also take out the Torque Management and that really wakes the car up!!!
Pomp... just concentrate on the TA for power & speed.... with the mileage on that Grand Prix, I wouldn't suggest trying to ring out any more power.... unless you have enough $$$ to pay for the consequences.
Old 11-24-2007, 11:01 AM
Staging Lane

No worries mate. Just trying to get a little more omf out of it and changing the pulley is a mild mod. The 3.8 is a very strong motor and good for 300k easy without and worries. The GTP is a vast improvement over the Olds in power and comfort so just going for the ones that will keep it reliable.
Old 11-30-2007, 07:53 AM
Staging Lane

Patman, I did the pulley, plugs gapped at 35, K&N cold air kit, fuel filter, cut the resonator out and put a strait pipe and it runs really well. You can really hear it sucking in air and you can really hear the supercharger when you step on it!!!
Old 11-30-2007, 08:46 AM
TECH Apprentice

Pomp, let me know if you need a panel K&N. I have new one for real cheap if you like.
Old 11-30-2007, 09:58 AM
TECH Apprentice

I just read your mod list. nevermind
Old 12-01-2007, 06:55 AM
TECH Senior Member

Patman, I did the pulley, plugs gapped at 35, K&N cold air kit, fuel filter, cut the resonator out and put a strait pipe and it runs really well. You can really hear it sucking in air and you can really hear the supercharger when you step on it!!!
I loved the sound my GTP made once I did the pulley/airbox mod! It really sounds like it's sucking in that air real good! If you could get traction in -10C weather, just imagine how quick it would run! These blower cars love cold weather!

Quick Reply: Reliable Car for Sale