Canadian Members We never leave because we have The Beer Store

BC Question??

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2008, 04:45 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default BC Question??

hello everyone, i hope someone can help me with some stupid questions...

Im bringing my 98 Z28 to vancouver, but i have some doubts, i know i'll have to put hi-flow cats, but do i need to put back the Air and EGR system??

actually do i need the back O2 sensors for the hi flow cats???

my PCM its already programed for no air, no egr, no o2....

in case i need the air and egr, can i just install them but keep them desabilited on the pcm??

ths!!
Old 01-18-2008, 09:01 AM
Teching In

"-Langley, BC (40min east of Vancouver) is hotrod/muscle Car capital of Canada.. Can't remember the ratio but I think that theres twice as many cars in Langley then people"

Ever been to Ontario? There are weekly car shows on the outskirts of Toronto that bring hundreds of QUALITY magazine esq cars. Not just VW buses and mustangs with exhausts like Langley (J/K...LMAO)
Old 01-26-2008, 02:02 PM
Launching!

Hey Blackops...here's a question for ya.

I have a 2001, run ORY o2 delete etc. I live in the interior. If I moved to Vancouver area, what do I have to do when I change my address???? 2001 and up no sniffer??? Cause I am cammed.....

And visual???
Old 01-26-2008, 07:27 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by blackops22
Also the biggest F-body & Mustang meet of the year is coming up on Sunday Feb 17th at Spanish Banks (in the heart of Vancouver) let me know if you want details... definetly worth coming.
thanks for your help, i will put some Hi-Flowcats and new O2 then check the PCM and hopefully will be ready for the Aircare...

and the spanish banks sounds good, but i wont have my car here ontime for the event. can i go with out my camaro??

-Also just so you know tint on the front windows of our vehicles is illegal -- but half of the people have it on there windows.
i will remove them. i was thinking on put the ones that volvo uses on their cars...

-And all the "Fast" cars hit the road around April when the weather is clearly nice and last until mid-October. Trust me you do not want your car on the road in the winter time! Buy a beater.
im planning to bring my car by the end of march or the first days of april. hopefully i see mmore f-bodys on the street. rigth now i've only seen 5....

and for the winter time im thinking on get a 4x4...

-Langley, BC (40min east of Vancouver) is hotrod/muscle Car capital of Canada.. Can't remember the ratio but I think that theres twice as many cars in Langley then people
sweet, is there any weekly or monthly meetings?

Last edited by SOULPOWER; 01-26-2008 at 07:35 PM. Reason: ?
Old 01-27-2008, 03:19 PM
On The Tree

where did you move from?

also http://www.vancouverfbody.com for spanish banks info
Old 11-30-2008, 02:10 AM
TECH Regular

Just an update. My car made it to Canada at the end of August... So far its been great having the car here. but i guess foreign plates makes the police curious haha
Old 11-30-2008, 07:56 PM
TECH Regular

yeah twice already haha and i got followed fr like 5 to 10min by the VPD around stanley park and english bay haha
Old 12-01-2008, 09:41 PM
TECH Senior Member

Question

Originally Posted by SOULPOWER
yeah twice already haha and i got followed fr like 5 to 10min by the VPD around stanley park and english bay haha
Where in KIT's are you? .....I am down by Vanier Park.
Old 12-01-2008, 10:05 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

oh i wish my car was running, not like it risk the coke/ connector in an F car again. maybe next year. id love to see one of the large f body meets in vancouver *sigh* kelowna dosent have much
Old 12-01-2008, 10:55 PM
TECH Regular

haha
What type of plates do you have on?
Any violations when you were pulled over? lol
No violations at all! One of the Officers said that he had never seen those plates before, so he had to stopped me and check (that was a rcmp)

Originally Posted by NHRAMAN
Where in KIT's are you? .....I am down by Vanier Park.
haha Just a Couple blocks from the park on Maple St.

Last edited by SOULPOWER; 12-06-2008 at 04:58 PM.
Old 12-03-2008, 06:54 PM
Launching!

Wow this is freakin great news because im about to buy an 02 Ws6 with heads, cam, true duals with mufflers but no cats, im pretty sure it doesnt have the air and o2 sensors and all that emissions crap on it. The car is from U.S. The part i dont understand is when you say just throw some cats on and pay the $40 fee and thats it they do a half assed check.

1. Everywhere else I read the aircare around here does tests for like carbons, co2 this, co2 that and all these particle tests and lots of people fail those. Do you know specific shops that are maybe biased towards guys with nice fbodies or something, or guys that are just cool about these things??

2. When I called this place called carlton insurance they said when I buy my 02 ws6 that i dont need to do aircare right away (like I have to with the inspection) but that I get a full year before i have to do aircare, but your saying that 01+ cars dont need aircare PERIOD???

Im praying your right and that insurance company made a mistake

Can all you guys from the B.C. area help me out here? I always told myself I wouldnt buy my first car, not even a beater until I could finally afford a ws6, this was back when i fell in love with it before I could even drive, now after 6 or 7 years of driving im finally getting my affordable type DREAM CAR, I just want things to go smoothly, thanks EVERYONE !!!

Hi welcome to Beautiful British Columbia!

Okay since your car is a 1998 they will check too see if you have 2 particular things on your car at AirCare (our emission testings).

(1) If you have any DTC Codes present.
(2) If you have CAT(s).

But now its '97 and below vehicles that have to get sniffer tested. So basically, put on CAT, go pay the ~$40 AirCare fee, watch them do a 30second check (half assed), then go home remove the CAT and your good for 2 more years. Also note 01+ vehicles do not need to visit AirCare.

***I have my Camaro tuned to ORY and my rear 02 deleted.
Old 12-04-2008, 07:01 PM
Launching!

Please Note: 2002 model year vehicles will require AirCare inspection for licence renewals after January 1, 2009.

* Vehicles are required to pass an AirCare inspection as a one-time condition of application for collector's designation.

what does that part mean??
Old 12-04-2008, 11:55 PM
Launching!

But really all you have to do for AirCare is make sure there are no codes on and you have CATs.

But for an 02 car im exempt meaning i dont do aircare period??
Old 12-15-2008, 11:42 PM
Launching!

I think im screwed unless I can get someone to hook me up, I heard white rock and langley area have a lot of guys that help, my car im getting soon has true duals and no cats (it has no cats like most ppls' fbods in the u.s.). It has dual mufflers though. I need to pass a visual before I can EASILY get it insured aslong as I do it before Jan 1. I called aircare and before Jan 1st you are completely right, no aircar or anything PERIOD, but the problem is before I can get it insured I have to pass a visual inspection, or else not only can I not get it insured, it gets sent back to the u.s. and i loose my car and the money lolol.

I cant imagine some joe blow mechanic being like sorry you have cats im gonna make you fail now. Would they actually do that? Like some joe blow mechanic from some joe blow mechanic shop that happens to be aircare or visual inspection certified, like I just cant imagine he'll fail me on a simple visual like why would he even care he doesnt even work for aircare.

Quick Reply: BC Question??