Canadian Members We never leave because we have The Beer Store

ceta vs the LAW

Old 03-26-2008, 08:30 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry ceta vs the LAW

I bought my 2002 collectors edition awhile back, and drove into a problem,aka(the law) I have driven many f-bodys in the past and know it attracts alot of attention,( the good and the bad). So l decided not to get all those bear baiting things that scream," pull me over!!!" Like dark tinted windows, loud exhaust, ect... Heres my delema, l was driving on a posted 100km hwy with several cars around me on the ending of a holiday weekend,spotted an opp(cop) on the shoulder,in the dark on hwy 11, bout 500 feet in front( l only noticed since a car drove by him and seen his reflective lights) l glanced at my speed, 110 (truthfully! l know the area on a holiday is bad so l always keep it no more than 10 over) since l drive big trucks l move into the fast lane(habbit, cause when l drive in the states its law for big trucks to move over for emergency vehicles on the shoulder) anyways, we all pass him and he turns his cherries on, figuring he got an emergency call evreryone slows down.He weaves into my lane, and im thinking, wtf!! what did l do?? so l pull over, he approaches and askes why im doing 140 in a 100!! I freaked!! but kept my cool and told him l was doing 110, he said," well my 8000 dollar laser radar doesnt lie!!( which he would not show me) to make a long story short l got a 137km fine and obstruction of plates( put the bright yellow plate protector covers from crappy tire, not the dark tinted ones, contrary to 13(2) hwy traffic act) Now its off to the lawyers and they told me they can get most of that taken care of!! l would take the beating if l did it, but l dint, Im thinking now im guna get one of those black boxes that courts allow that proves speed and driving habbits!!! What else can ya DO!! Out of talking with the lawyers one thing comes to mind,1 police have too much power and alot of them abuse it in the courts.2 speeding is not a safety concern only a government money grab!! Now that im done crying,lol any other horror stories and ways to protect us f-body drivers from the stinky arm of the law???
Ps,WARNING:If you come to muskoka the cops WILL shaft you at their discretion!!
Old 03-26-2008, 08:50 AM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

haha something similar happened to my buddy about 7-8 months ago...we were coming back from Niagra in his 4 banger Integra and the speed limit is 100km/h...well were doing 90 in the slow lane behind an 18wheeler, and the fast lane is doing about 80....just as we past the last car in the fast lane, my buddy pulls out to pass the truck and gives it some gas...just as we emerge from the truck we see a cop car just sitting there on the right side....well, on go his lights and he whips up behind us...guy comes over to the window, tells my buddy he doesnt know how to drive and that he is doing 150km/h in a 100 zone (this is before this stupid law of having your car impounded on the spot was brought in)....anyways long story short my buddy got shafted in court cause he couldnt afford a lawyer, and chickened out in court and took a plea bargain for 130km/h....I was sooo pissed it happened, and that my buddy didnt fight it...I know for a fact we werent doin over 110km/h....I mean damn you wanna tell me that an integra went from 90-150 in the length of an 18wheeler? I got a 3800 camaro that went from 66mph to 88.5 mph in the last 1/8 of the quarter mile....and that 1/8 of a mile which is longer then a damn 18wheeler!!!!!!! and I had the slips with me to prove it...and my car as is, is putting down 230hp, and the integra is putting down 150....plus there was way too much traffic to have hit 150, PLUS there is no way at any time the cop could have got the car on radar, unless he could shoot through the 18wheeler, or unless he got him behind the truck when we were doing 80...go figure

This is one of the reasons I really dont like this 50 over law...I respect cops, but there are those ******* ones out there that abuse there power, and just like a cop can lower the speed of your ticket, he can up it to 50 over if he doesnt like you, and thats bye bye car...and good luck fighting that in court...and then to boot, even if you do win...you've still lost your car and licence for 1 week...so thats great if your job relies on you driving....It rattles me just thinking about it
Old 03-26-2008, 11:01 AM

oh l no qew is bad in niagra, the cops are considered experts in court and unless you have a good fast talking lawyer that can provide doubt, your screwd, cops can break the law to enforce the law, that what l dont like, and they rely on the ignorance of the public to get away with what they want, one trick l was told is everyone should fight there tickets, would put such a backlog in the courts that ppls tickets would be thrown out because if the cant set a court day within 8 months, you can have it thrown because you have a right to speedy trail,think its called your miranda rights
Old 03-26-2008, 11:14 AM
TECH Regular

I thought it was one year....actually I just got a ticket last september and my court date is scheduled for October, and I went to one of the traffic places and asked about filing a motion because the trial was more then a year and it was violating my right to a speedy trial...the place said they charge 200 something and its a 50/50 chance I'll get completly off by filing that, cause they said some judges don't care if its past your date they make the trial happen anyways...I was like hows that possible...its my right to a speedy trial, its in the charter, they can't just take it away like that?

anyways the place said I'll most likely get a reduced fine for like 50$ plus the 200 fee to them...Im like the tickets only 100 and something and I can plea bargain myself....anyone know about filing motions? and if they can infact force the trial anyways, and if they can, how to appeal?
Old 03-26-2008, 12:03 PM

thats the problem with courts, kinda like playing poker, they dont know your hand and we dont know theirs, they dont wana waste their time so they offer a lesser penalty, but dont look like they made a mistake by letting the ticket off, cause thats a loss of revenue to them. Points and those type of places are good for lesser offences cause they mainly go in and plea bargin before the trail, for greater offences like DUI and careless, go to a traffic lawyer, but still, im thinking bout my driving record and future, to me i will fight all the way, cause l wasnt doing anything wrong, its more of a moral issue,lol, and im tired of seeing all the cops in this area doing **** out there that there not supposed to do.Im on the roads up here all day long, and you would be amazed what l see day in and day out, im guna start taking my video camera with me and tape them, get a wack of **** together and send to the media, that should prove intresting, lol
Old 03-27-2008, 07:21 AM
cam
TECH Junkie

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts

Fight every single ticket you have nothing to lose and everything to gain

http://www.magma.ca/~fyst/
Old 03-27-2008, 05:45 PM

Originally Posted by cam
Fight every single ticket you have nothing to lose and everything to gain

http://www.magma.ca/~fyst/
thanks for the support... l wished everyone thought like ya, then the cops will think twice b4 giving people tickets
Old 03-27-2008, 11:42 PM
cam
TECH Junkie

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts

I have no issue and in fact I offer full support for policing areas of public safety ( like school zones, high traffic pedestrian areas etc. ) but i totally blow my top when they just set up in an area thats never had an accident but its an easy spot to speed and then its another dig in your pocket for mr tax and nothing else. My theory is simple if we ALL fight every single ticket they will be literally FORCED to focus only on the real dangerous spots and let the risk free cash grab ones go.

Police pressure here is damn high and pretty frustrating and barking up the wrong tree IMO. I would also support a HUGE overhaul in driver training requirements. The real issue isnt speed its morons behind the wheel who havent the first clue how to safely handle their vehicle. You should see it around here when it snows. Its like a comedy show. Literally. In front of a good friends office you can stand there and watch the cars spin out over the curb once every 15 minutes every time it snows. Its damn hillarious
Old 03-28-2008, 12:30 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by cam
I have no issue and in fact I offer full support for policing areas of public safety ( like school zones, high traffic pedestrian areas etc. ) but i totally blow my top when they just set up in an area thats never had an accident but its an easy spot to speed and then its another dig in your pocket for mr tax and nothing else. My theory is simple if we ALL fight every single ticket they will be literally FORCED to focus only on the real dangerous spots and let the risk free cash grab ones go.

Police pressure here is damn high and pretty frustrating and barking up the wrong tree IMO. I would also support a HUGE overhaul in driver training requirements. The real issue isnt speed its morons behind the wheel who havent the first clue how to safely handle their vehicle. You should see it around here when it snows. Its like a comedy show. Literally. In front of a good friends office you can stand there and watch the cars spin out over the curb once every 15 minutes every time it snows. Its damn hillarious
QFT...im with you man, Im all for policing in school zones, and really bad intersections and what not...

With the amount of idiots we have on the road weaving in and out of traffic, and doing stupid ****, and road raged people shooting out windows in taxi cabs, and then I get a speeding ticket from a stupid radar trap in an area I've never once seen an accident, and that should have an increased speed limit... I get rattled.

and yea its pretty bad how alot of people can't drive in the snow...my only fear while driving my camaro in the winter is the other people on the road...

I really hope they make winter tires mandatory to...atleast it will give some of the bad drivers a little bit more control...god knows they need all the help they can get...
Old 03-28-2008, 06:17 AM

Originally Posted by LETZRIDE
QFT...im with you man, Im all for policing in school zones, and really bad intersections and what not

With the amount of idiots we have on the road weaving in and out of traffic, and doing stupid ****, and road raged people shooting out windows in taxi cabs, and then I get a speeding ticket from a stupid radar trap in an area I've never once seen an accident, and that should have an increased speed limit... I get rattled.

and yea its pretty bad how alot of people can't drive in the snow...my only fear while driving my camaro in the winter is the other people on the road...

I really hope they make winter tires mandatory to...atleast it will give some of the bad drivers a little bit more control...god knows they need all the help they can get...
I agree, school zones, construction zones,etc, should be watched closely.As for winter drivers,lol, this is muskoka up here, where ya can wake up with 2 feet of snow on the ground!! everytime l go to work theres about 2 or 3 cars ditched,lol, altho theres this little yellow beetle, that just flies, im serious, she must clock 110 around raymond road(a very curvy, windy road) no matter what conditions, tried to keep up in the 4x4 work truck one day, l couldnt get over 40kms, and she just left me, l have no idea what tires she riding on but l was always expecting to see her in the ditch, but she never has!!! l figure she must be an ex rallycar driver, lol

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: ceta vs the LAW