Carbureted LSX Forum Carburetors | Carbed Intakes | Carb Tuning Tips for LSX Enthusiasts

New Mallorey FireStorm ignition?

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2011, 02:38 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

FireStorm can control timing per cylinder whether you have a single coil - 8 conventional coils or 8 Smart coils.
Old 11-14-2011, 02:52 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Beeterolds
Sorry guys, but I have O faith in their products since Prestolite bought Mr. Gasket a few yrs back.. I was going to get a job making Hurst Shifters here in Cleveland but Im glad I didnt a few months after they shipped their plants to China..

Check it out... Most of Accel's products once made here now Chinesium... Including hurst shifters, and most of Mr. Gaskets products sans most of their actual gaskets...

I'd fear Mallory may be in the same boat.. However something that technical and expensive hopefully may be crafted here in the states...

I understand a lot of MSD's products are now China made.. but fortunately their boxes are still thankfully made here.. so ill spend the 300 bucks on the 6010 box thank you very much!! Good thread tho guys!
FYI

Hurst is owed by B&M Shifters since 2007.

As to what is made or not made in China, well that's a loaded question, as many electronic components are made in china and elsewhere overseas.

Even companies the supply our military are finding out that made in USA is not what it once was. Drop the link into your browser and read the article. http://www.theblaze.com/stories/made...alarming-rate/

Lets face it, it is a global economy and burying our head in the sand wont change it.

Your computer your using to read this is 90%+ made in China!!!
Old 11-14-2011, 06:41 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by carpro
FYI

As to what is made or not made in China, well that's a loaded question, as many electronic components are made in china and elsewhere overseas.

Even companies the supply our military are finding out that made in USA is not what it once was. Drop the link into your browser and read the article. http://www.theblaze.com/stories/made...alarming-rate/

Lets face it, it is a global economy and burying our head in the sand wont change it.

Slightly off topic, but... The only problem I have with made in "fill-in-the-blank" is that America becomes so dependent on these overseas products that given a disruption in the supply chain, everything goes to hell in a hand basket (i.e. WW III). We'll be somebody's butt-boy when the smoke clears! OK, I'm through ranting...
Old 11-16-2011, 11:22 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Beeterolds
Sorry guys, but I have O faith in their products since Prestolite bought Mr. Gasket a few yrs back.. I was going to get a job making Hurst Shifters here in Cleveland but Im glad I didnt a few months after they shipped their plants to China..

Check it out... Most of Accel's products once made here now Chinesium... Including hurst shifters, and most of Mr. Gaskets products sans most of their actual gaskets...

I'd fear Mallory may be in the same boat.. However something that technical and expensive hopefully may be crafted here in the states...

I understand a lot of MSD's products are now China made.. but fortunately their boxes are still thankfully made here.. so ill spend the 300 bucks on the 6010 box thank you very much!! Good thread tho guys!
I bet you couldnt find five electronic items in your house that are usa made.
Old 11-16-2011, 08:42 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by tennerv8
I bet you couldnt find five electronic items in your house that are usa made.
Five? I bet I can't find one!!! Guess what.. whether or not these electronic items are Chinese doesn't matter to me... Its im driving a car and I have to rely on a critical part a possible China made part keeping me from becoming stranded!!! Can I trust its reliability? Or is it the fact that I'd feel better knowing an American worker assembled it? I dunno... On the same basis as would you put china ball joints on your car? Or spend some extra cash on the Moogs.. (all though you have to watch where their made too)

It boils down to opinion I guess.. Id rather keep as much $$$ here in the country as I can, but today in a world economy thats hard to do anymore.
Old 11-16-2011, 08:46 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by carpro
FYI

Somewhere around that time frame I was going thru the interview process and then I had a gut feeling to pull the plug.. good thing I did
Old 01-13-2012, 06:52 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 350 Likes on 239 Posts

Any more information out yet with this firestorm system?
Old 01-13-2012, 08:24 PM
Launching!

I'm getting more interested in the Atomic EFI by MSD the more I read.
Old 01-13-2012, 10:16 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by TXoldskool
I'm getting more interested in the Atomic EFI by MSD the more I read.
I have not heard of that one
Old 01-14-2012, 09:08 PM
Launching!

its at http://www.atomicefi.com/

Last edited by TXoldskool; 01-14-2012 at 09:13 PM.
Old 02-11-2012, 11:18 AM
TECH Junkie

Any updates on the firestorm
?

The MSD Atomic does look interesting if I decide to Go back fuel injected but for now I'm interested in the firestorm pro
Old 08-16-2012, 02:59 PM
Teching In

I was checking this out as well for my 8.1. Just a bit pricy though. Does MSD even make a box that will work with a coil on plug setup? Mallory has been around for a long time. While I've always used MSD, I wouldn't not try this if its the only one for coil on plug. Somebody has to be buying their stuff or they wouldn't be around.
Old 08-19-2012, 09:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

atomic does not do timing from what i'm to understand, so you could just run the msd 6010 box for timing, and the atomic for fueling i suppose....
Old 08-20-2012, 09:26 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by thirdgenbum
atomic does not do timing from what i'm to understand, so you could just run the msd 6010 box for timing, and the atomic for fueling i suppose....
I was under the impression that the Atomic would do both. After reading up on it some more it will not. The 6010 would run the timing, and the Atomic would run the fueling. The only interface between the 2 is the tach input on the Atomic.
Old 10-22-2012, 02:11 PM
10 Second Club

mallory blows ***.....
Old 10-22-2012, 03:36 PM
In-Zane Moderator

Received 32 Likes on 19 Posts

Tell us how you really feel.

Quick Reply: New Mallorey FireStorm ignition?