Filter - LS1TECH

Go Back   LS1TECH > LS1-LS2-LS3-LS6-LS7 PERFORMANCE > Carbureted LSX Forum

Carbureted LSX Forum Carburetors | Carbed Intakes | Carb Tuning Tips for LSX Enthusiasts

Old 01-29-2012, 02:46 PM   #1
Staging Lane
Trader Rating: 0
Default Filter

Any recommendations on best and least restrictive fuel filter to run between inline electric pump and tank. I wanted a large filter as a fram canister type then it could also act as a sump for constant supply,,but its not a 100 micron screen type. I figure this type would help keep fuel in the line even if the pickup tube was momentarily uncovered while 4 wheeling. I really don't want to do an in tank pump in a 4x4. I've changed too many at very inopportune times. External is much easier. Thanks
cuda620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 04:07 PM   #2
TECH Addict
Trader Rating: 1

Aeromotive makes what you are looking for. Not exactly cheap but hits exactly what you asked for|Asc

Mallory makes some similar ones, but in the 40 micron size they recommend for their gerotor pumps. Rotory vane pumps can use the looser 100 micron.

I don't know if relying on a filter as a sump will work. You would still need some way of getting any trapped air out of the filter. Once it is in there, the only place left for it to go is out through the pump.

I saw an article in Car Craft for a fuel pick up screen that is suppose to act like a fuel sump. The ad looks pretty promising. Looks like it would work as a filter too.

Last edited by Pop N Wood; 01-29-2012 at 04:18 PM.
Pop N Wood is offline   Reply With Quote

filter, fuel, restrictive