Carbureted LSX Forum Carburetors | Carbed Intakes | Carb Tuning Tips for LSX Enthusiasts

Easiest way to rig starter?

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2012, 12:35 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Easiest way to rig starter?

Help me out guys with this one. What is the easiest way to hook up the starter. I think my selonoid wire goes through my computer for theft reasons... any ideas? I hate wires... lol
Old 11-28-2012, 01:24 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Use the computer to energize a relay and power the relay right off the battery (or some main power lug).

So I am guessing you have a wire from the computer that goes to +12v when the key is in the start position? If so, hook that to the coil side of the relay (pin 85), hook the other side of the relay coil (pin 86) to ground. The run a power wire from the battery/power lug to the switched part of the relay (pin 30) and one last wire from the relay out (pin 87) to the solenoid.

If the computer grounds that wire, then hook the pin 86 to +12V.

Kinda weird that you need to do this.
Old 11-28-2012, 04:50 PM
On The Tree

You could just run a wire from the s terminal on the starter to the acc on a toggle and run a 12v wire from battery to 12v on toggle but don't run a ground it will keep the starter turning over. I knows it's rigged but that's how I ran mine all season and didn't have a single issue.
Old 11-28-2012, 07:18 PM
TECH Regular

Thanks got the replies. I so swish to delete the computer completely. Will look at both suggestu ons. Thanks

Quick Reply: Easiest way to rig starter?