Carbureted LSX Forum Carburetors | Carbed Intakes | Carb Tuning Tips for LSX Enthusiasts

LSX 454 carb PVC connections

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2013, 07:09 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LSX 454 carb PVC connections

Hi new to this I have purchased a lsx454 am running a carb not sure we're to connect all the I think there PVC connections. I have one outlet on each rocker cover one on the valley cover as well as one that goes from head to head at the front of the motor.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thxs.
Old 08-23-2013, 08:06 AM
Staging Lane

I just went through this myself. The head to head one is a coolant line. One valve cover with a small 90 bend needs a breather line either a small filter or run a line up to air cleaner base, put a PVC in one Valve cover and either another filter or oil cap on the other. Pun a PVC to the large vac base carb, and one small one to the map sensor, the other small to a brake booster if you run one. At least this is how I've got mine set up...
Old 08-25-2013, 03:41 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by irocguy
I just went through this myself. The head to head one is a coolant line. One valve cover with a small 90 bend needs a breather line either a small filter or run a line up to air cleaner base, put a PVC in one Valve cover and either another filter or oil cap on the other. Pun a PVC to the large vac base carb, and one small one to the map sensor, the other small to a brake booster if you run one. At least this is how I've got mine set up...
Thank. You that gives me a start point do you have any idea were the one on the valley cover at the front of the engine goes.
Old 08-25-2013, 03:42 AM
Teching In

Thant you appreciate the help. Any idea were the front one on the valley cover goes..
Old 08-27-2013, 02:06 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

here is what i plan on doing

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/nex-15234

threads in below next to the carb...one hose fitting to the to the valley cover, the other hose fitting to the MAP sensor.

hopefully the crank case vacuum being so close to the MAP doesnt throw anything out of whack. i doubt it will. i'll know for sure once i log things.
Old 06-20-2014, 11:15 AM
Teching In

I know this is an old thread, but I have a related question.....

I have a carb'd Mark IV block 454. I have a PCV valve in one valve cover with a vacuum line running to a big port on the QJet. The other valve cover, however, just has a grommet. The aftermarket air-cleaner base has a provision to hook up a 5/8" hose, presumably for the other valve cover. I got the engine used so I'm not sure how it was originally set up.

Do I need to run a line from the valve cover to the carb base for the PCV system to work properly? Or can I just put a vent w/ a filter on that valve cover? I've seen other posts that say it's better to vent that rather than suck oil into the carb.

Quick Reply: LSX 454 carb PVC connections