Carbureted LSX Forum Carburetors | Carbed Intakes | Carb Tuning Tips for LSX Enthusiasts

Wiring factory gauges in carb swap fourth gen

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2014, 01:00 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wiring factory gauges in carb swap fourth gen

Looking at doing a carb swap on my 99 camaro. The fuel/ fire and air are easy. My question is how do I wire my dash back in being as I wanna keep my factory speedo and all my factory gauges. Car will be lq4/th400. Also looking at how do I set up my speedo. Any info on this swap would be great. Thanks....
Also if you have done this set up I'd like to see pics of cut cowl panel and how you ran your air filter set ups. My car will be a street/strip car so a filter will be a must.
Old 02-04-2014, 05:46 AM
TECH Apprentice

Lots of people go to aftermarket gauges - just sayin
Old 02-04-2014, 08:03 AM
Teching In

Thanks for reply. I have tought of doing this as well but really have no idea on how to start or if it would be $$ smart to stay with my stock set up. I dont know how to run my speedo and fuel sender with a mechanical set up
Old 02-04-2014, 08:20 AM
In-Zane Moderator

Received 32 Likes on 19 Posts

Your oil pressure, water temp and voltage should work as far as I know. The fuel level should work is you don't alter it. Speedo? Depends on if you went to a different trans.
Old 02-04-2014, 12:34 PM
TECH Regular

Water temp goes through the computer first I thought. Tach and speedo I think do the same but I'm not positive. Like stated voltage and fuel level should be good, I don't know about the others. I read on here that one person just kept the computer to run the gauges. Not a bad idea if your on a budget. Replacing all the gauges is damn expensive.

Quick Reply: Wiring factory gauges in carb swap fourth gen