Carbureted LSX Forum Carburetors | Carbed Intakes | Carb Tuning Tips for LSX Enthusiasts

First time LS1 project user needing combo advice

Old 07-01-2014, 02:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default First time LS1 project user needing combo advice

All, I am currently building a 79' Pro Touring Malibu. I just recently bought a stock 6.0 out of a 2000' 2500 pickup. The motor has 138,000 miles. I want to go carberated with this motor and am looking for a very hard hitting combonation. My plan is to re-ring and bearing the bottom end while installing a new set of heads (complete), cam and lifters. I have a nice 750 APD carb and want to run an aftermarket intake. I would like to hear your suggestions on what I should go with. I'm looking for a cam that will make power but also sounds very radical. By the way, I have a T56 6 speed for a transmission that I will be running. Let me know if you need any other specs. Thanks in advance for the help...
Old 07-01-2014, 02:33 PM
In-Zane Moderator

Received 32 Likes on 19 Posts

Install some ARP bolts in the rods, LS3 heads, custom cam from Martin at tick performance, super Vic intake and some 4.30 gears, and get used to the pain in the cheeks from the grin you will always have on your face while driving. Sounds like you have the rest in the ball park man.
Old 07-02-2014, 12:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ZONES89RS
Install some ARP bolts in the rods, LS3 heads, custom cam from Martin at tick performance, super Vic intake and some 4.30 gears, and get used to the pain in the cheeks from the grin you will always have on your face while driving. Sounds like you have the rest in the ball park man.
Thanks for the advice. I will have to contact Martin @Tick Performance. Where are they out of? Got any contact info? I've had parts gathered for this build for about 5 years now. I bought a Chris Alston Fab9 housing with Strange 35 spline axles and a Strange center section with a Detroit Locker. The gear is a 4.10. I chose this because I knew I would be running it on the street and interstate a lot. The rod bolts are a great idea to. My plan is to run this for a little while and save up for a new rotating assembly. Thanks again for the help.
Old 07-02-2014, 09:00 PM
In-Zane Moderator

Received 32 Likes on 19 Posts

Here ya go:

http://www.tickperformance.com

Give them a call when ready and he can spec out what you need.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: First time LS1 project user needing combo advice