Carbureted LSX Forum Carburetors | Carbed Intakes | Carb Tuning Tips for LSX Enthusiasts

ls1 6010 needs idle help!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2014, 09:42 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ls1 6010 needs idle help!!

so i have a 66 chevelle with a carbed ls1 . tried all the pills and still idles high and almost stalls when i put it in gear. pulling about 11' @ 1000 in neutral and is pretty smooth there. and 5" in gear. car has stock converter and a lopey cam wich i dont know the specs other than its a "525" cam. could someone please give me some ideas on the map and timing? car is just a cruiser and I will be putting a higher stall converter in on monday.I want to drive it this weekend but it is no fun to drive like this. car has rpm intake and ex.manifolds,625 demon vac carb that i used on my 72 monte. Thanks for any and all help.VERY new to these ls1's but want to learn.
Old 07-18-2014, 09:51 PM
Old School Heavy

Received 50 Likes on 32 Posts

Give this a read and see if it answers all of your questions:
https://ls1tech.com/forums/carburete...dtigger-p.html
Old 07-19-2014, 01:20 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Do you have a wideband? What are your AFR's looking like off idle?

How far out you have the idle speed screws? If you back them too far out trying to get the idle down you end up covering too much of the transfer slots. Car will have issues coming off idle if that is the case. Pull the carb and make sure you have 20 thousands of the transfer slot showing primary and secondary. Then put the carb back on. If the idle is too high try backing off the idle timing rather than backing off too far on the idle speed screws.

Also make sure you don't have vacuum leak. 11" is pretty low, must be a big *** cam.

Quick Reply: ls1 6010 needs idle help!!