Carbureted LSX Forum Carburetors | Carbed Intakes | Carb Tuning Tips for LSX Enthusiasts

CAM MOTION jyd nitrous cam excessive lash problems?

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2019, 12:02 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CAM MOTION jyd nitrous cam excessive lash problems?

installed my junk yard dog n2o cam yesterday with the recommended 7.4''pushrods and i have a few rocker arms with excessive lash.i had the motor upside down for a few weeks while on the engine stand,thought maybe it might be because the lifters bled down or something.anyone have anything like this happen after a cam swap?ive done at least a dozen ls cam swaps and never had this issue.any help will be appreciated.

Last edited by c4lhozwalte; 10-19-2019 at 02:39 PM.
Old 10-19-2019, 12:43 PM
Super Hulk Smash

Received 137 Likes on 114 Posts

Did you measure for 7.400 or did you just assume with them?

Sounds like you need a longer pushrod.
Old 10-19-2019, 02:37 PM
Teching In

you know how it goes,you call the guy they tell you this is what you need,you do it,it doesnt work.your probably right about the longer push rods.
Old 11-01-2019, 08:47 AM
Old School Heavy

Received 50 Likes on 32 Posts

What rocker arms and lifters do you have?

Also, hydraulic roller camshafts do not get installed with lash (slack in the system). They are installed with preload. How much preload do you have?
Old 11-10-2019, 02:49 PM
Teching In

the motor has stock l92 heads that i bought new,and the lifters are what ever comes in a stock lq4.with the 7.4 pushrods there was zero pre-load on most of the rocker arms,and some actually had play "lash".i actually ended up putting 7.425 push rods in there and am really happy with this cam.makes a ton of power,idle sounds amazing,and my 850 carb that ive always had issues with since it was new in the box is working much better.cant wait to get it on the dyno.i took to local drag strip and had alot of traction issues,but thats a problem i dont mind having.once i get that sorted out this lil trucks gonna be a heart breaker in the streets of mexico.

Quick Reply: CAM MOTION jyd nitrous cam excessive lash problems?