Carbureted LSX Forum Carburetors | Carbed Intakes | Carb Tuning Tips for LSX Enthusiasts

Cam suggestions??

Old 03-04-2015, 01:12 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 106 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by speedtigger
Anyone can grind it, but I use and recommend Cam Motion. If you want that cam from them, just call Cam Motion and ask for Danny. This is the grind number for that cam:

XA228/370-XA242/355-11+3

Also, I just noticed that the GMPP heads you are planning have 66cc chambers. Before you order your cam, make sure you ask GMPP if the heads are milled and what the "Valve drop" measurement is on the heads. This will affect your piston to valve clearance. Let us know what they say.
Originally Posted by Y2KSS
Thanks for the reply and what is the time frame on getting this camshaft once I order it?
I know you did not direct this question at Cam Motion, but we can get you the cam that SpeedTigger suggested above or any custom grind in 2 to 4 days. And, if you really need it, we could even get it done as quick as 1 day if you are in a pinch.

The Switch Is On To Cam Motion!
40 years of Championship Winning Experience • Superior 8620 Steel Camshaft Cores • Quiet, Smooth & Powerful Lobe Design • Virtually Unlimited Lift and Duration Combinations • Finish Polished For Quiet Operation • Cam Doctor Printout With All Cams
The Industry's Best Customer Service

www.CamMotion.com ☎ 225-926-6110Like Us On Facebook!
Old 03-04-2015, 01:55 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by CAMMOTION PERF
I know you did not direct this question at Cam Motion, but we can get you the cam that SpeedTigger suggested above or any custom grind in 2 to 4 days. And, if you really need it, we could even get it done as quick as 1 day if you are in a pinch.
Thanks for the reply. Is that the cam that you would recommend also for my setup?
Old 03-04-2015, 03:06 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 106 Likes on 50 Posts

Thanks for the reply. Is that the cam that you would recommend also for my setup?
Some more intake duration would be nice, but if you are limited by valve clearance with stock pistons, that cam is a good choice. Give us a call when you are ready. We will do our best to make you a customer for life.

The Switch Is On To Cam Motion!
40 years of Championship Winning Experience • Superior 8620 Steel Camshaft Cores • Quiet, Smooth & Powerful Lobe Design • Virtually Unlimited Lift and Duration Combinations • Finish Polished For Quiet Operation • Cam Doctor Printout With All Cams
The Industry's Best Customer Service

www.CamMotion.com ☎ 225-926-6110Like Us On Facebook!
Old 03-04-2015, 04:29 PM
LS1TECH & Trucks Sponsor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Thanks for the reply and what is the time frame on getting this camshaft once I order it?
The 111° LSA is in stock. The 109° would only take an extra day or two.

Should pick up around 75 FWHP over stock and you won't have to worry about trying to clear 242° exhaust duration.

Last edited by Sales4@Texas-Speed; 03-04-2015 at 04:34 PM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Cam suggestions??