Carbureted LSX Forum Carburetors | Carbed Intakes | Carb Tuning Tips for LSX Enthusiasts

5.0 stang being a nuisance

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2015, 01:18 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 5.0 stang being a nuisance

I'm pretty low key with my camaro. Ill air it out every once in a while. But I try to be courteous in the town. My car is quite the noise maker and attention grabber, both good and bad, so i mind my manners for the most part.

To the question.... There is this new 5.0 lurking around doing drive byes ringing the pipes, ha i suppose to get my attention. Havnt dynoed, but i'm trapping 124 in the 1/4 @3600 lbs, I would guess i'm low 500s hp n/a. stang sounds stock, or moderatly modified. How are those cars running compared to ours. (or my set up)?
Old 03-19-2015, 03:55 AM
In-Zane Moderator

Received 32 Likes on 19 Posts

Stock they can run 12s with the right factory options and driver on radials. With a tuner, exhaust and tires, they can run very deep into the elevens and they are some times lighter than your car from what I have seen. Your car should be able to make more traction on the street of you have the suspension set up right. And there for make it hard for him to have a chance. This is assuming a dig race not a rolling start.
Old 03-19-2015, 08:14 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Would most likely be from a roll. Stock suspension, traction is bad. I also put in a set 4:10s since the last time I went to the track, Sure that won't help my tire spin problem.
Old 03-19-2015, 10:02 AM
Old School Heavy

Received 50 Likes on 32 Posts

Hey Guys,

Lets keep discussions of this nature in the Carb BS thread or in the lounge please. That is what those are for.

Please keep in mind that this is the technical section and new threads should be of a technical nature.

Thanx,
Speedtigger

Quick Reply: 5.0 stang being a nuisance