Carbureted LSX Forum Carburetors | Carbed Intakes | Carb Tuning Tips for LSX Enthusiasts

Msd 6010-Blow thru tuning

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2015, 12:53 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Arrow Msd 6010-Blow thru tuning

hey guys, Ive finally got the car about 95% complete. Im finishing up the wiring tomorrow and trimming the hood to fit. My build is posted below for anyone who wants to take a look or see what my combo is (so much to keep typing out lol).

https://ls1tech.com/forums/carburete...vid-added.html

So im new to tuning but I feel I have a good base from which ive read and learned from some very fast local friends and Matt Happel aka DENMAH. My main goal is to accomplish this tune myself on a lower stand scale and then have my tuner take the reigns when the car is tuned for high boost. Im using the Msd 6010 box, serial cable and 3 bar map sensor. From what ive read I need to load the initial timing high (28-30*) Basically NA timing until the map starts to read boost (above 14.7 atmo) at this point I need to scale the timing down to the 12-14* mark. I plan on removing the big springs in my gates from 14lbs down to 4-5ish that way it doesn't come into boost too crazy. im aiming for .75-.78 Lambda (11.0-11.4 AFR) . If anyone can provide any helpful tips, that would be awesome. Im using E85 fuel and NGK 7 plugs gapped at .24 as a starting point. Thanks for the help in advance.
Old 11-16-2015, 03:52 PM
10 Second Club

Received 106 Likes on 94 Posts

Just a quick look I found this on E85.....but double check the info

Quick Reply: Msd 6010-Blow thru tuning