Carbureted LSX Forum Carburetors | Carbed Intakes | Carb Tuning Tips for LSX Enthusiasts

Pro systems carb

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2016, 01:18 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pro systems carb

Just want to take a minute and brag on my new Prosystems carb. I've struggled with getting my quick fuel where I wanted it and decided to talk to Patrick. I gave him all my specs and he built me a carb within a week. Ran it today and after setting my idle I took it for a drive. Low speed driving is great, cruise is great 14.4 afr, then nail the throttle and boom! No stumble, no bog, afr at WOT was 12.6 and she was aping ***! Not blaming quick fuel, as the carb I had was not as performance oriented as this one but I just can't believe how damn great this thing drives! It drives like my stock 02 Sierra. I just don't see an off the shelf carb performing like this. If anyone is in the market for a new carb call Patrick!
Old 07-28-2016, 07:38 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by baronsmith98
Just want to take a minute and brag on my new Prosystems carb. I've struggled with getting my quick fuel where I wanted it and decided to talk to Patrick. I gave him all my specs and he built me a carb within a week. Ran it today and after setting my idle I took it for a drive. Low speed driving is great, cruise is great 14.4 afr, then nail the throttle and boom! No stumble, no bog, afr at WOT was 12.6 and she was aping ***! Not blaming quick fuel, as the carb I had was not as performance oriented as this one but I just can't believe how damn great this thing drives! It drives like my stock 02 Sierra. I just don't see an off the shelf carb performing like this. If anyone is in the market for a new carb call Patrick!
Hey Baron,

I went online to ProSystems and filled out their quote form. http://fs16.formsite.com/prosys12/form1/index.html

What did they send you ? 750? 850?

My setup is pretty mild but should make 500 hp. It's a 6.0 with cnc-ported LS3 heads. 219/228 Howards "hot cam" hyd roller clone.
Old 07-28-2016, 09:40 PM
TECH Resident

I don't have my sheet with me but I believed it flowed around 840 cfm when they were finished
Old 08-02-2016, 12:19 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have a 950hp pro systems. Its been the best carb Ive had yet and it wasn't built for my car.
Old 08-02-2016, 07:34 PM
Teching In

My combo is a 6.0L LQ4 with LS3 cnc'd heads, edelbrock performer rpm, 219/228 hot cam and 4L80e trans in a 68 Convertible Camaro

Here's what Patrick from ProSystems emailed me :
-----------
For your program one of our big throttle blade, smaller venturi combo's is the best plan.

The design uses the 950HP style main body as a base and is a program that we have continually developed and uses the smaller venturi (750 size) for good low speed signal BUT the larger throttle blade for better high rpm power. LS3 heads love those big throttle blades.

It gives us the best of both worlds. Lots of low speed signal to give us a good high rate of engine acceleration so it comes out hard and responds to throttle movement quickly and by using the big 1-3/4" throttle blade (and our Billet baseplate), it allows more air in at light cruise so it drives cleaner AND it gives more high rpm power as well.

As you can be expect from a custom carburetor, it has our adjustable air bleed configuration, non-stick gaskets, Drag float, jet extensions, Billet baseplate, VENOM II Black billet metering blocks, anti siphon mods for clean braking, a complete wet-flow portfolio (for easy jet selection, but we're usually dead on or within 2 jet sizes), a real sharp piece with stepped dog leg boosters, big sight glass bowls and hi-flow needle and seats.

Typically I see a 15-30 hp improvement over an off the shelf unit with much better consistency and EXCELLENT driveability.

If the need arises, you can spray it up to a 350 shot of Nitrous (you never know). : )

We'll size it for the exact cfm range when it is on the wet flow bench to match your programs needs. But it'll probably end up being in the 830-840 REAL cfm range.

We don't pull off the shelf as each design is custom built to minimize or completely eliminate customer tuning requirements (we even try to set the idle dead-on for you).

Heres a link to some more info on this series: http://www.prosystemsracing.com/proseries4150.html
----------
I hope to fire my engine up by mid-September.
Old 10-23-2016, 10:06 AM
9 Second Club

The shop that I go to is all that they use on their builds, they said that it's the only carb that they have put on and runs about 100% right out of the box. I have a 1000 cfm 4150 E85 going on in about a 2 weeks
Old 11-04-2016, 02:50 PM
On The Tree

he has built several for me as well, doing one right now for the LS fox swap in the middle of
Old 11-07-2016, 03:04 PM
Staging Lane

just put an E85 prosystems carb my car last week and went to the track for some testing and it ran great right out of the box.
Old 11-09-2016, 07:13 AM
9 Second Club

can't wait to try mine, just waiting on new engine, just had some small hiccups lol
Old 02-10-2017, 09:07 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Anyone want a great deal on a ProSystems carb I bought for my BT turbo build? It was built for blow through use, but im sure it would be easy enough to get it tuned back for NA or spray. Carb has NO road miles and im guessing 2 hrs of garage tuning. I will throw in a Holley jet kit that goes from about 60 to 99, i think ? I also have a have a few various air bleeds I will throw in.
I went with the FItech 1200 setup because its just so much easier to tune from the drivers seat for a broke down old fart like me .
I have all the paperwork and build sheet. I have over a grand in the carb and jets. Id take half that for someone who will get some use out of it. Please dont shoot me Mods, for trying to sell something here. I just saw the good feedback on Pats carbs on this thread and thought Id pass this on to anyone who cant afford to go to the MAN for their builds carb.

PS.....I will be giving some updates on my turbo build up soon. I have changed a few things around and should be ready for some road tuning in the next couple weeks.
Old 02-10-2017, 01:09 PM
In-Zane Moderator

Received 32 Likes on 19 Posts

Just went from my 750 pro form that I was having trouble getting to fatten up, to a 950 pro systems with 84/92 jets just to see if the other carb was the issue. Was thinking it would be rich as well. WRONG. The damn thing is about spot on. Impressive.
Old 02-16-2017, 02:33 PM
TECH Apprentice

Yes Prosystems +100

He set me up with a E85 SV1 carb it was spot on and drove great.
I now have a new blow through from him and I expect it will be great.

2 of my close friends also have his carbs and they were spot on!
Old 02-16-2017, 04:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by tittan1500
Yes Prosystems +100

He set me up with a E85 SV1 carb it was spot on and drove great.
I now have a new blow through from him and I expect it will be great.

2 of my close friends also have his carbs and they were spot on!
My blow through setup would have been great IF I didnt look at my wide band. It would idle beautifully and ran great, but you couldn't sit in it at any speed below 35 MPH. 10.9-11.2 is where it wanted to be to run correctly. I could get it to idle at 13.2, but it had a terrible flat spot off idle and would go dead lean at cruise and die. I worked with the air bleeds and jetting, but it just wouldn't accept a decent idle AFR. Its for sale now and I'm sure it could be reworked to be spot on for an NA or nitrous build. I'm not convinced that ProSystems has a handle on TURBO STREET carbs. Now the carb might work great on a procharger build with a nasty camshaft. The idle circuits are all wrong for a cam that pulls 15-16 in of vacuum like the average TURBO STREET setup uses, IMO.
FItech on the other hand, will idle in the 14s with the exact same setup, and I can tune whatever AFR I want at any throttle input. Well worth the extra 500 bucks for someone building a street turbo BT car that expects it to cruise like a well tuned NA build.
I'm not trying to disrespect ProSystem as a company and Ive heard nothing but great things about their nitrous and NA carbs. Its just that turbo blow through stuff is a nightmare for a carbs circuits and although many have made it work, its more complicated to get it RIGHT than most are capable or willing to do.
Good Luck with yours. I hope it does as you expect .

Last edited by newschool72; 02-21-2017 at 03:35 PM.
Old 02-16-2017, 05:44 PM
9 Second Club

Received 62 Likes on 49 Posts

Had a prosystems 780 cfm on my sbc 383 and it was spot on,ran great.

Quick Reply: Pro systems carb