Carbureted LSX Forum Carburetors | Carbed Intakes | Carb Tuning Tips for LSX Enthusiasts

5.3 LM7 With A LS6 Cam

Old 03-01-2017, 05:41 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 5.3 LM7 With A LS6 Cam

Ok here is what i have going on 5.3 LM7 with 241 heads milled 0.20 using the LS1/5.3 HO headgaskets, with the LS6 cam i was originaly going to go the FI but decided to go carbed. I will have LT's 3200 stall, motor is going into a F-Body. Question is what is the best intake and cam to go with?? Googled and searched read all boards, and still don't know.. Anybody running a similar setup as this???
Old 03-01-2017, 06:29 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If it is non turbo-ed I think there are way better cams out there. A Ls6 cam is real smooth and pretty tame. I know I have one in my 5.3 turbo
Old 03-01-2017, 08:45 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What is the intended use for the vehicle? As modchevelle said the ls6 cam is pretty tame. If this is like a weekend toy and want a little rumble I think you would be disappointed with the ls6 cam.
Old 03-03-2017, 01:53 PM
Old School Heavy

Received 50 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by Birdracing
Ok here is what i have going on 5.3 LM7 with 241 heads milled 0.20 using the LS1/5.3 HO headgaskets, with the LS6 cam i was originaly going to go the FI but decided to go carbed. I will have LT's 3200 stall, motor is going into a F-Body. Question is what is the best intake and cam to go with?? Googled and searched read all boards, and still don't know.. Anybody running a similar setup as this???
With a 3200 stall, you could use either the Performer RPM or the Victor Jr.. You are right on the border. If the car is mostly street and you have no plans for future larger engine or more aggressive setup, I would recommend the Performer RPM. If you have plans to maybe go bigger some day or might use nitrous, I would go with the Victor Jr.

If you are going to use the Performer RPM intake and want really great drivability, go with this camshaft: http://store.cammotion.com/the-titan3-1

If you want more of a loping/choppy muscle car idle, you can run this camshaft with either intake manifold:
http://store.cammotion.com/hot-stree...reted-camshaft

Either of these camshafts can be used with a good beehive performance replacement valve spring like the 1218 PAC or a good performance double valve spring like the Cam Motion .650" lift valve spring or the Tooley Racing .660" valve springs which is also available from Cam Motion.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 5.3 LM7 With A LS6 Cam